Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to do ? Where to go?

• 08-02-2013 7:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

I have about 8 weeks off work coming up soon. I was never the best organiser of holidays or of using my time off well. I don't want to waste this time . Has anyone any interesting suggestions on what to do and where to go ? I'm open to pretty much anything or anywhere . It's likely I'd travel by myself :) thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

GusGus wrote: »
    I have about 8 weeks off work coming up soon. I was never the best organiser of holidays or of using my time off well. I don't want to waste this time . Has anyone any interesting suggestions on what to do and where to go ? I'm open to pretty much anything or anywhere . It's likely I'd travel by myself :) thanks

I asked a similar question and received some great advice in here :)

Has their been anywhere you have always wanted to visit yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Answers to these questions will help narrow down the options.

How long are you prepared to spend on a plane getting there?

What's your total budget for the holiday and what level of comfort are you looking for - backpacker, guided tour, 4 star hotels?

How soon exactly are you going? Is there time for visas and vaccinations?

Where have you travelled before?

What kinds of things do you like to do? Nature trips, drinking holidays, beach holidays?

Are you happy travelling on your own or do you want the opportunity to meet other people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

You could do something like this http://www.oasisoverland.co.uk/trips/Africa/details/30/, if you're not the best organiser it'd be ideal as everything is planned and sorted for you and if you're by yourself you won't be alone. Would have good and bad points but not a bad way to spend 8 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

8 weeks head to Asia, it's very cheap easy to get around and loads of people traveling alone, get a flight to Singapore and travel up through Malaysia Thailand Cambodia and Vietnam by train plane bus and ferry. Cheap hotels and food and plenty of sunshine and beaches....

Advertisement