Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corbally Rd. closed now -Is Now Re-Opened

• 08-02-2013 8:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭

I've read on twitter that Corbally Rd is closed in both directions due to a fatal road crash.

Best avoid where possible - those coming from East Clare could consider using O'Brien's Bridge and Castleconnell route, those from near Shannon Banks best option seems like Parteen and Long Pavement.

Sympathies to the family of the deceased person.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Road is clear from the top of the Mill Rd towards town to at least grove island since 7.30am, not sure where incident happened, couldn't see anything when I passed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

But he read it on twitter?!... :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

That will be chaos this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The Dagda wrote: »

Nah something happened, heard from another source but seems it's cleared now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,339 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Dagda wrote: »

The road has now re-opened, btw, I heard that on the local radio station, hope that's more reliable than twitter :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Single vehicle collision with a pole at daegos pub at 5:30am. He was an young lad in his early 20s and was local(according to 95fm). Road was cleared at 7:15am.

He died later in hospital. Very sad news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

phog wrote: »

The road has now re-opened, btw, I heard that on the local radio station, hope that's more reliable than twitter :rolleyes:
    Don't get what the rolling eyes are for but twitter is very useful in situations like this.
    AA tweeted it then the local station caught hold of it. So don't be surprised that twitter being more reliable than our great local station

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Terrible sad news, my sympathies to the families involved.

I can't see any point in keeping this thread open as it looks like becoming a discussion on twitter vs. radio

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement