Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revision books

• 08-02-2013 9:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    What's are the best revision books in your opinion I'm doing leaving cert in 2014

Maths
    English
    Irish
    Biology
    History
    Geography
    Business

Thanks guys :):)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

It actually depends on the subject. Personally, i love the revise wise books , the biology one is great!! but its not very good for home ec for example.. i haven't seen all of them for your subjects .Also i like revise wise for business and my friend doesn't like it at all! so you never know? I think if you can, try go into a shop and flick through them , see the layout you prefer. Revise wise for me is very straightforward facts , i would advise you to get it for biology :) Everyone raves about keynotes for english too! haven't tried it myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

Less stress more success is perfect for history :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    It actually depends on the subject. Personally, i love the revise wise books , the biology one is great!! but its not very good for home ec for example.. i haven't seen all of them for your subjects .Also i like revise wise for business and my friend doesn't like it at all! so you never know? I think if you can, try go into a shop and flick through them , see the layout you prefer. Revise wise for me is very straightforward facts , i would advise you to get it for biology :) Everyone raves about keynotes for english too! haven't tried it myself

Yes revise wise ate good has the. For junior cert. I'm trying to get better books in a few subjects
    Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

user.name wrote: »
    Less stress more success is perfect for history :)

Thanks ill give it a look

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sparkyhav

Hey, im on the same boat as you, doing the leaving cert next year as well :) i highly recommend key notes 2014 for english, and i would recommend both shortcuts to success and exams skills (sue hogan), as they both give excellent model answers for the long questions. I prefer the layout and diagrams of the exam skills but shortcuts to success also offers a little revision of the chapters as well as the model answers :) still undecided about biology yet, but ive heard quite a few reviews on the Sarah Dileen revision book, and if you havent already got the michael o callaghan textbook, i would recommend puchasing it :)
    For maths, unfortunately project maths has screwed us over and there's no revision book really suited to the syllabus now.
    For irish, im still looking..
    And for the rest of your subjects, i cannot help you with, sorry.
    I hope some of this helped you, good luck :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement