Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposing of household waste.

Options
  • 08-02-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In the Fingal - Dublin area is it possible to dispose of non recyclable waste yourself and if so where do you take it?
    Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin County North

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

OP is looking to dispose of non-recyclable waste. Fingal won't take it - I know from experience. They will take wood, old mattresses etc, but not actual 'rubbish' like you would bring to a tip.

Sorry OP, don't know of an actual tip in NCD - could make use of it myself actually.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Balleally landfill site in Lusk closed last year and I don't think there's another in the area.
    Dunsink in Finglas has closed too.
    So for non-recyclable waste you're left with the option of a skip, or one of those skip bags for a smaller amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

I'm sorry but I have to ask this - why don't you simply put it in the black bin?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

T-Maxx wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I have to ask this - why don't you simply put it in the black bin?

Maybe the black bin is full or too small for the amount of rubbish???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Or maybe some people don't have enough non-recyclable waste to merit paying a bin collection company.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Place is mell in Drogheda take it and charge by the weight I think.fingal coco to my knowledge do take it but again charge .they are in swords

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

cathy01 wrote: »
    Place is mell in Drogheda take it and charge by the weight I think.fingal coco to my knowledge do take it but again charge .they are in swords
    No, neither of those places take refuse, only recyclable or reusable items.

Advertisement