Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantum 70 error and question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

I think you can get an aerial for the GSM which might help solve your problem .
    Updating the software won't affect signal strength .
    If you get the Digi you can use the UPC phone line and have her ( alarm) call you ( voice dialler ) and she will tell you the alarm event that has happened . Otherwise you could wait and get the LAN card and use your broadband for monitoring with the app not yet available.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Hi. Got the gsm card back today , no faults found with it.. The sw on it was updated. It's now at 1.2.3, I've opened up the panel and the sticker inside that says 3.0.4 November 2012.is the quantum 70 up to date?if not could scene upload or link me to the update for that please

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

altor wrote: »
    If you go into service menu, defaults menu, default GSM.

No the GSM-Q is an add on. it is just slotted onto the board.

Coming back to this.. I don't see default gsm,I only see default comms,all,users,I'd bus, rf, will I go with the coms one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Lenny wrote: »
    Coming back to this.. I don't see default gsm,I only see default comms,all,users,I'd bus, rf, will I go with the coms one?

Hi Lenny,

The software on the Panel should be OK with the GSM if you have the latest version of this.

HI, ok. but just for future reference.. is the panel SW up to date? can't be any harm in updating it.
    also for defaulting the gsm, i didnt see that option, so it is default comms I should select?

• Advertisement

Lenny wrote: »
    HI, ok. but just for future reference.. is the panel SW up to date? can't be any harm in updating it.
    also for defaulting the gsm, i didnt see that option, so it is default comms I should select?

The panels software is ok. The GSM will work with the control panel installed.
    If the GSM has just be flashed there should be no need to default it.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ehealo

Lenny, I think the best solution for you would be to contact a Registered Installer, and get them to call to you, diagnose the problem and get it sorted. Happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Hi guys...

My alarm is beeping loudly inside. All lights flashing. It's the quantum 70. No message on control panel. Got text saying gsm line flt. I just want to turn off the beeping!!! Waking the child. Tried engineer code and it says access denied??? Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Have you tried your user code?

Thanks Fred. That worked. Seems obvious right? I didn't even think of that because the system was unarmed before the line fault so thought entering the code would just arm it. I guess a gsm line flt arms the system?

So the log says I had a gsm line flt for 1 minute and 3 seconds. first entry is 1 minute 3 sec before second log entry "gsm line flt-OK".

If the system was armed would that have set off the main alarm? How common are these gsm signal drops? Not had it happen since alarm was fitted 3 months ago. Mind you, I set up online log in for top up with o2 last week. Coincidence? O2 texting the number would be ignored by gsm module right.

Could it be a jammer checking the area for alarm activations, Or am I being paranoid.

Thanks for the reply so quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

100gSoma wrote: »
    Thanks Fred. That worked. Seems obvious right? I didn't even think of that because the system was unarmed before the line fault so thought entering the code would just arm it. I guess a gsm line flt arms the system?

So the log says I had a gsm line flt for 1 minute and 3 seconds. first entry is 1 minute 3 sec before second log entry "gsm line flt-OK".

If the system was armed would that have set off the main alarm? How common are these gsm signal drops? Not had it happen since alarm was fitted 3 months ago. Mind you, I set up online log in for top up with o2 last week. Coincidence? O2 texting the number would be ignored by gsm module right.

Could it be a jammer checking the area for alarm activations, Or am I being paranoid.

Thanks for the reply so quickly.

No the GSM fault did not arm it, any fault can occur on a system when unset, such as this and tamper/ mains faults etc, they all cause the panel to beep, basically it is warning you of an occurrence and in order for you to acknowledge it you need to enter your code.

An unrecognized text to the system will be ignored by it. Sometimes for no apparent reason mobile signals just disappear for short periods, I reckon that is all it was. Don't worry about jammers, have you a big sign outside mentioning that you have a GSM unit? ;)

kub wrote: »
    Don't worry about jammers, have you a big sign outside mentioning that you have a GSM unit? ;)

No. Not yet. :D the gsm module is only supplementary to all the other usual components anyway. Just not had this happen before. Mind you... Signal in the address is total junk. 0 bars or 1 bar. -99dB to -105dB. Very poor. So possible it just dropped out entirely when a van parked outside. Who knows.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

No. Not yet. :D the gsm module is only supplementary to all the other usual components anyway. Just not had this happen before. Mind you... Signal in the address is total junk. 0 bars or 1 bar. -99dB to -105dB. Very poor. So possible it just dropped out entirely when a van parked outside. Who knows.

Thanks

If it becomes an issue and if you know that another mobile companies signals are stronger in your area, you could change sims to that network.

However there is another way to solve it which involves finding a feature in the gsm menus where you can lengthen the time the signal has to be down before it triggers the line fault bell.
    Communicators
    Gsm module
    Options
    Signal Monitor
    Toggle 'monitor signal' to no or if you prefer lengthen 'fault delay' time

Sorry to reply to am old thread, but this information may be a huge huge help. The GSM line flt alert had happened twice at 3 and 5 am in the last month. And my 4 year old is really hung up about it now. I will lengthen the time to 30 minutes as I doubt it's going down that long. I think the signal is dropping momentarily occasionally when the local cell is switched off or restarted or something. Signal is fine usually. Hadn't happened in months, bit twice recently as I said and at very early morning so woke everyone up. Maybe it's better to just not monitor. I wouldn't mind monitoring but without the beep and "GSM line flt" repeated 5 times etc. I.e. just a text alert on the phone and a message on screen. No audio alert?

I set the line fault monitor option from 05 minutes to 99 minutes. The default signal strength is 60% and listed as 'good'. I suspect this is O2 maintenance work that happens at 3 or 5 am and causes the signal to drop for a few minutes. More than 5, but unlikely more than 90. Hopefully. ;)

I set the line fault monitor option from 05 minutes to 99 minutes. The default signal strength is 60% and listed as 'good'. I suspect this is O2 maintenance work that happens at 3 or 5 am and causes the signal to drop for a few minutes. More than 5, but unlikely more than 90. Hopefully. ;)

Have seen this loads of times with the 02 sim.
    Other than changing networks increasing the time on the fault delay should help.

altor wrote: »
    Have seen this loads of times with the 02 sim.
    Other than changing networks increasing the time on the fault delay should help.

Thanks Altor. That's really helpful to know. If it happens again with the longer delay set up, I'll swap the simcard to a Vodafone PAYG one.

Thanks Altor. That's really helpful to know. If it happens again with the longer delay set up, I'll swap the simcard to a Vodafone PAYG one.

Once the sim is 2G you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

I don't think Vodafone sims are compatible anymore so it will have to be meteor

Well... Woke is all up again at 405am today and likely will give my 4 year old another hang up. Really bothers her the last time months ago.
    The delay is set at 99 minutes. So I guess that means the signal was unavailable from 226am-405am approx. 02 SIM.
    Can I disable this or is 99 minutes the greatest figure.
    Thanks guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭John Kelly of

If you can't extend the delay you can turn off the signal monitor, not ideal.......
    Perhaps you should consider paying for the securecomm service and installing a wifi card as well to work alongside your gsm?
    TO TURN OFF SIGNAL MONITOR OR EXTEND THE TIME BEFORE A FAULT IS REPORTED
    enter engineer mode by typing 4567+user code
    screen will say 'Service Menu'
    press next until 'Comms Menu' press yes
    press next until 'Communicators' press yes
    press next until 'Gsm/Gprs' press yes
    press next until 'Options' press yes
    press next until 'Signal Monitor' press yes
    screen will say'Monitor Signal yes' press no
    screen will say 'Monitor Signal no'
    If you wish to keep the signal monitor on but extend the time before it registers a fault then choose the 'fault delay' option and change the number of minutes to a longer period.
    press quit a few times until screen says 'exit engineer'
    press yes

Hey John
    Thank you for your detailed reply. Another option cruiser my mind but not sure if it would work.
    I'd like to keep the signal monitor scrubs so at least I can be aware of this issue increases over time. I just don't want to be woken at 4am.
    In the systems options menu is a sub menu called audio options. In there you can choose whether to have a "buzzer" for mains fault, line fault, or FTC fault.
    If I set the line fault buzzer to no, an I right in thinking I'll still get the error on the screen but no buzzer.
    I'm guessing this is the setting that is used by the communications menu to decide if a signal fault (line fault) should use a buzzer?
    Thoughts?
    If this isn't the case, I might just disable the signal monitor. Signal status is 60% good this morning, so I think it's definitely maintenance O2 do.
    Again, thank you for the detailed reply and suggestion. Much appreciated.

Advertisement