Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this an issue or is it just me?

Options
  • 08-02-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

I was in a restaurant recently and filled out a feedback form and provided my email address to be contacted in relation to special offers etc.

I have received 2 emails this week from them and have no problem with that however all other the email address of all other recipients is also visible to me.

I just feel slightly uncomfortable knowing who else they are contacting and people knowing they are contacting me. For example somebody was silly enough to give there work email address in the local council etc

So is it just me or is there a data protection breach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Probably an error on their part, just mail them back and advise them to stick everyone on CC rather than TO.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,077 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Probably an error on their part, just mail them back and advise them to stick everyone on CC rather than TO.

It is a data protection breach. As said email them back (don't press reply as everyone will see your response) and tell them to put it into BCC. Yo will still be able to see everyone if it is in CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

joeguevara wrote: »
    It is a data protection breach. As said email them back (don't press reply as everyone will see your response) and tell them to put it into BCC. Yo will still be able to see everyone if it is in CC.

Yeh thats it .. had a brain fart there for a second ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Similiar thing happened me a few months ago with a retail shop, the person who brought it to the stores attention hit reply all when highlighting the issue to the store, they had the matter rectified with a day.
    Email the restuarant and see what happens they should be able to fix it easily enough.

As data protection issues go, IMHO while there is an issue I wouldn't say it's a major one eg bank details being released, but none the less I would expect them to sort it pronto.

Advertisement