Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling Copper Hot Water Tank in Fingal area?

Options
  • 08-02-2013 11:43am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Replaced hot water tank in the house recently, the old one had a leak, however Ive been told I could recoup some cash by taking the tank somewhere for the copper to be recycled from it?

I know of a place in duleek, but is there anywhere near balbriggan that pays cash for copper - legitimately of course, would assume they will weigh it and give me a decent rate per kg?

thanks

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 78 ✭✭The Reamer

Wherever you go make sure they weigh it. Plus you should research the going rate for scrap copper before you go as metal trading is horse trading at best. IF they think you don't know the value of your scrap they will give you peanuts for it if they think they can get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Place at blames cross but them from you.id say yous get 50-70 euro depending on the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Always bring my scrap copper to Irish Metals in Duleek
    and always get a fair price for it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Make sure it's just copper if it has fittings in or on it that aren't copper they might pay you for it as mixed metal a fraction of the price of copper on it's own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Someone once mentioned €4/kg if that's any help to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

It floats between €4 and 5€ although I've never seen it as high as €5 in a long time.
    Also you will get less for a pre-insulated cylinder because they have to remove the insulation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Try hammond lane. Ring them for their kg rate then bring it up and get cash in return, In and out in 5 mins..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

You will get bout 20/30 for a cylinder irrespective of where you bring it.

Advertisement