Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WD My Book Live Personal Cloud Storage 3TB Network Attached Storage 103.1 € Amazon.es

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

EUR 190,28 + EUR 10,52 de gastos de envío ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Superfin wrote: »
    EUR 190,28 + EUR 10,52 de gastos de envío ???
    Still available at the side underneath 'Amazon.es'..

Untitled_405.png

Was gonna pick up a 2TB SATA HDD for my NAS box for £78... so wonder if I should pick this up and flog the NAS.

Hmmmmmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Make sure to click on "Nuevos: 31 desde EUR 103,12" and pick the cheapest option.
    Confirmación del pedido:
    Productos: EUR 104,82
    Envío: EUR 7,63
    Importe total: EUR 112,45

Good price I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

Keep hearing the network isn't great on these. Anyone any experience?

OU812 wrote: »
    Keep hearing the network isn't great on these. Anyone any experience?
    Just spotted a decent TechRadar review anyways..

.. picked one up anyways and since it's not despatched for a few weeks, I've time to mull it over (provided they don't cancel).

Might flog on my Zyxel NSA-310 then... as I said, was looking as a 2TB WD HDD for it for €100. So a no-brainer for an extra €20 really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Fyi we had a 2 gig version of this at work and I think that there is no USB input on this if it makes a difference to anyone.

Fyi we had a 2 gig version of this at work and I think that there is no USB input on this if it makes a difference to anyone.
    Yeah, spotted that alright.

Have one of that on my Zxyel that I used to think would be great for syncing files, but have never used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

I did a quick google search, can anyone confirm if the is Gbit connection, or just 100 mbit/s transver rates as per the description on amazon???

Western Digital Wd Mybook Live - Disco duro externo (3 TB, 3.5", 7200 rpm, 100 mbit/s)

Thanks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I had a 2GB version also. It was a bit flaky and eventually failed. Got the data off using DiskInternalsLinuxReader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭ablelocks

just a note on WD, I'm currently locked in a "discussion" with them - I have a My Book World edition II and the software that comes with it cannot be run with windows 8 and i've been told they will not update the application.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I have this set up with my mac. Works great. Only issue is that I cant seem to access on folder from time to time. I've a work around but hey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Can you crack open the case and remove the drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

BostonB wrote: »
    Can you crack open the case and remove the drive?

Dont see why not, as i have done on many occasions with normal external drives

Balls to it..
    Nos ponemos en contacto con usted para informarle de que el precio del producto 'Western Digital Wd Mybook Live - Disco duro externo (3 TB, 3.5", 7200 rpm, 100 mbit/s)' (ASIN: B004DTXFDS) era erróneo en el momento de realizar su pedido en Amazon.es.

La venta de dicho producto al precio erróneo habría supuesto una venta bajo coste, lo cual no está permitido por la ley, por lo que nos hemos visto obligados a cancelar su pedido. Tenga la tranquilidad de que no hemos cargado el importe en su tarjeta de crédito o débito.

And a quick translation later..
    We contact you to inform you that the price of the product 'Western Digital WD MyBook Live - External hard drive (3 TB, 3.5 ", 7200 rpm, 100 Mbit / s)' (ASIN: B004DTXFDS) was wrong at the time place your order at Amazon.es.

The sale price of the product would have been wrong a sale low cost, which is not allowed by law, so we have been forced to cancel your order. Rest assured that we have not charged the amount on your credit card or debit card.

Or to summarise..

funny-Consuela-Family-Guy-No-No.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Jesus ... thats unusual for Amazon...

Was it Amazon direct or a third party seller ?

Jesus ... thats unusual for Amazon...

Was it Amazon direct or a third party seller ?
    Amazon direct..

.. not really, I've had numerous things cancelled before on Amazon.

Although it wasn't particularly unrealistically priced.. a saving of about 40% direct from Amazon versus Marketplace sellers. If it was €80 or under, I'd have expected a cancellation.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭imtdub

It's now priced at 145.28

http://www.amazon.es/gp/cart/view.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Dont see why not, as i have done on many occasions with normal external drives

They've started lopping off the Sata connectors and wiring them directly to USB on some drives. I was curious if anyone had got one and was there any trickery done with these. With the price change its not as attractive now. Would have made a good drive for a media server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭chris1970

Can anyone recommend a decent 1tb nas for 150€ budget, needs to be able to access file away from home network, cheers

Advertisement