Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you get rte player to play here

Options
  • 08-02-2013 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭

I'm trying to watch last weeks against the head but rte player does not seem to work here is there a way to bypass/ get authorisation to watch it from here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I think it's been discussed here before.

Edit: do a search, has been discussed here before, not all content is available, here is a good reply.

hussey wrote: »
    To stream Irish only content in Australia:
    1) Use Firefox or Chrome (nobody should use IE - EVER)
    2) Install a proxy plugin, Firefox here Chrome Here
    3) Input an Irish IP address some examples here and here
    4) Now streaming all content is available (very handy for GAA matches - and possibly the Ireland Estonia game)

and you can also do the same for BBC player

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=75028970

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

The Aussie wrote: »
    I think it's been discussed here before.

Edit: do a search, has been discussed here before, not all content is available, here is a good reply.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=75028970

FoxyProxy (plugin) is another excellent option for Firefox users....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Little Sunshine

I'm new 2 all of this how do i go about this. I use google chrome have downloaded foxy proxy now what do I do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

It's not Irish but Expat Shield works for bbc iplayer if you're interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I use overplay.net. $4.95 per month and you have access to everything, RTE player, BBC iplayer etc. Watched the match last night on RTE HD and it was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Any simple sites where I can just put the url in it and watch it?. Tried a few with no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,339 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I use overplay.net. $4.95 per month and you have access to everything, RTE player, BBC iplayer etc. Watched the match last night on RTE HD and it was perfect.
    The plugins give you access to everything (rte, BBC, etc) and are free. This isn't streaming from some other feed. It's direct from the RTE website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

+1 for Overplay.net, The plugins/proxy etc are messy , Overplay have been around for several years and are always innovating. My view is a Solid Reliable Service is worth $4.99/month.

galait wrote: »
    +1 for Overplay.net, The plugins/proxy etc are messy .
    Overplay is a proxy. :confused:
    The plug-in simply tell the RTE site that you are in Ireland and you can play from the source. I fail to see how that's messy (have you actually tried any?)
    $60 a year isn't expensive, but to me its like playing for a email account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Mellor wrote: »
    The plug-in simply tell the RTE site that you are in Ireland and you can play from the source. I fail to see how that's messy (have you actually tried any?)

I used FoxyProxy and it was incredibly slow. Couldn't find any reliable IP addresses.

I used FoxyProxy and it was incredibly slow. Couldn't find any reliable IP addresses.
    Proxys can be awkward at times, as your restricted by the 3rd party server. Guessing Overplay has decent servers as its a paid site.

But the plug in option I suggest involves no other servers or 3rd parties. It simply makes the RTE site play the video instead of the "this video can't be played in your region"

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Little Sunshine

Mellor - what's the plug in u suggest?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

watch out Rabbite will want his broadcast charge for accessing content online

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭galait

Mellor wrote: »

Bull**** ,Overplay is not a proxy , It's Primarily a VPN Service that also provides a cheaper DNS "Smart DNS" service, Please educate yourself before posting incorrect information

galait wrote: »
    Bull**** ,Overplay is not a proxy , It's Primarily a VPN Service that also provides a cheaper DNS "Smart DNS" service, Please educate yourself before posting incorrect information
    You are right it's a VPN not a proxy. I was over simplifying. But my point remains the same.

Mellor - what's the plug in u suggest?
    My laptop is in work. I'll get the name if my plug in tomorrow.

Advertisement