Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Sherrard Street

Options
  • 08-02-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

Brother of mine was looking into renting a bedsit in Lower Sherrard Street, just off the North Circular Road, Dorset Street and close enough to Gardiner Street. Place itself seems alright and the rent is decent, but somebody else is after telling me that the area is dodgy as fook.

Has anyone any experience of the area? The brother has enough cop on to keep himself to himself, but if it's as bad as I heard I might advise him to look on for somewhere else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

Knew a girl who was living in north Mountjoy Square, had her car broken into after about 2 months. I'm sure the area's probably not too bad, and she got unlucky, but I personally wouldn't live there to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

Its fine to be honest, close to city centre. Its not particularly rough just a high volume of people from professionals to addicts walking up the north circular road all the time. Id really only be a little cautious if I was parking a car on the street. More being in the city centre and odds are somthing may happen than the actual street in question

I lived on sherrard st for a while on the side you mention, used to have winos outside the old SFX building which is now appartments, the winos are still there - bit of an eyesore if you think that way but harmless

If the actual room you are renting is fine Id rent there no problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭hyperborean

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Brother of mine was looking into renting a bedsit in Lower Sherrard Street, just off the North Circular Road, Dorset Street and close enough to Gardiner Street. Place itself seems alright and the rent is decent, but somebody else is after telling me that the area is dodgy as fook.

Has anyone any experience of the area? The brother has enough cop on to keep himself to himself, but if it's as bad as I heard I might advise him to look on for somewhere else

Sherrard street is a junky paradise, keep well away...the flats are dreadful

North circular is OK in places, not to bad

Gardner street is sort of in between,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

yeah that was what I was meaning in the last sentence, if the room is ok as alot of the rooms are small, damp, lack windows etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

As with much of inner city Dublin, never leave any valuables in a car, never leave your front door open and be streetwise. The less desirables will be in and out in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

It wouldn't be one of my preferred areas to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

If you have a niceish car, on street parking is impossible. My bf has a nice enough car, nothing special though, and he used to park it in the same area every day so people knew it, wing mirror is broken on a regular basis. So we park underground now, renting a car spot is cheaper than getting it fixed all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Avoid this area. Very dodgy all round that area especially for walking home late at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I used to live around the corner. Wouldn't live here in a hurry. Some dodgy characters there at times.

Advertisement