Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An excellent set of files!

Options
  • 08-02-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

If your wanting to test your headphones/speakers/amp to make sure they work properly or test your media players to see if they indeed pass BOTH both left and right channels you can go to this page icon7.gif

http://web.archive.org/web/20070617044433/http://www.binkster.net/extras.shtml#cd

Scroll down to the individual files!! (The whole CD is 423 Megs! (Ah man!!))

So far i have gotton the first file (Left/Right) and tested my media players,all passed except for screamer which if i put screamer IN MONO,i only hear one channel (Supposed to hear both merged together in mono (I knew it had this problem before i was just testing it))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll stick with my IASCA CD. Compression from MP3 has noticeable quality issues, not to mention a file downloaded from the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

No mention of the MP3 format on that site. The 'full' CD isn't an MP3 rip, file format is PCM S16 LE RAW 44100Hz 16bit. For someone who doesn't have a IASCA CD this is a great way to at least test their setup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

No they are WAV files (@ least the seperate files are) which sound the best (.wma and .wav sound the best out of anything else digital)

How long did it take you to obtain the FULL CD? (I did click it and started the DL just to see and it said 23 Mins and something ... I cancelled it (I figure i can grab the files 1 by 1 anyway))

Advertisement