Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sweets or the like

Options
  • 08-02-2013 2:45pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone seen any alphabet sweets or any other letters in edible form in the city centre?

am also looking for edible glue

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Don't know about the sweets, but I remember from ages ago (I was working in a afterschool centre in Germany), that we made that type of glue ourselves.

You can mix flour with water (okay, you can't really eat it, but it's perfect for paper and cardboard), you can also mix sugar and lemonjuice.

The best, I experienced was rice. Just cook it, rinse it out any water. Sticks like hell, when it's dry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Organix do alphabet letters but they are in biscuit form, my little fella loves them.

try the euroshop for the haribo jellys

also, try craft bakeries for the glue, the corner bakery in terenure should have it. but thats a good bit away from finglas or the CC

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

There is a shop on Batchelor's Walk I think it' called Dekobake. They have all sorts of things, pretty sure they have the edible glue and they probably stock the letters too or can point you in the right direction.

There is another of those store althoug much bigger, called Kitchen Compliments near Stephens Green Shoppin Centre.

Alternative if you are any good with the piping bag just melt the couverture/chocolate and write the letters you need on a baking sheet with the icing pipe.

Actually Kitchen Compliements have just relocated to South Anne Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You should be able to use pipeable icing as a glue substitue.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

You can buy the alphabet sweets in most big supermarkets like Tesco and Superquinn - they come in the clear tubs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement