Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irn Bru in Dublin

Options
  • 08-02-2013 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

I've just come back from living in the Czech Republic where, admittedly to my shock and amusement, I was able to buy Irn Bru both in Tesco and in my local kebab shop.

Its too much to hope I can find it where I am now, which is Athlone, but I'll be in Dublin this weekend, and i was wondering is there anywhere I can get it in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Food & Drink.
    You're more likely to get helpful replies here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is that the fizzy drink - because they sell it in Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I've seen it in the Asia Market on Drury Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

It's a bit hit and miss, but try any spar you see. I've found it in the big one on Dame Street a few times. Failing that, if you're about henry/Mary Street there's an Asian food shop that I've been able to get cans of it in before. Again, it's hit and miss whether they have it.

Really craving some Irn-Bru now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

dudara wrote: »
    I've seen it in the Asia Market on Drury Street
    both dunnes and superquinn sell it. cans and big bottles. tesco discontinued it only recently

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Really craving some Irn-Bru now.....

Sorry :(

So am I though so I feel your pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Comrade Zed

Iceland sell Irn Bru and Lidl sometimes have it on special offer too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

A few years ago my friend emailed the manufacturer and they sent him a list of all the shops in Dublin that stocked Irn Bru. Might be worth giving it a try to see if they still have such a list! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    A few years ago my friend emailed the manufacturer and they sent him a list of all the shops in Dublin that stocked Irn Bru. Might be worth giving it a try to see if they still have such a list! :)

Brilliant idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dealz have it, 4 cans for €1.49 if im not mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

syklops wrote: »
    Brilliant idea!

He used to carry it around with him on a print-out so he knew where his nearest supplier was :D

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

He used to carry it around with him on a print-out so he knew where his nearest supplier was :D
    Even better idea! :)

I've just submitted a feedback forms to them asking if they could provide a list, posted a link to this thread too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i've seen tesco's sell it, and spars. not hard to find that much ;)

i've seen tesco's sell it, and spars. not hard to find that much ;)
    It's great when you just happen across it. But every time I've went out specifically buy it, it's always out of stock! Tesco used to do deals on 12 packs of cans but haven't seen it there for an age.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Iceland in Ilac centre always have it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Most Spars seem to stock it these days, must say its a great hangover aid.

You can get 3lr bottles in Iceland on the navan road .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

spar in phibsboro/glasnevin has it

Russia are mad for irn bru and even tried to buy the rights to it and prodice it over there- on going legal wrangle over it , so im not surprise czech republic stock it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Advertisement