Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft for Xbox - Setup Help

Options
  • 08-02-2013 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi there - just as I was getting to grips with everything Wii - my 8 year old got an Xbox as a present...

He got it last September and now wants to play mine craft on it -i've had some great advice from game stop to check if the Xbox will connect to the WIFI which it does - where do I go from here..

I think I have to buy a sub to xbox live and then microsoft credits - am I right?? It's an expensive route... Any advice would help before I hand over hard earned cash! :rolleyes:

Thanks
    Dee

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ok first off do not under any circumstances put credit card details into an xbox for an 8 year old without activating parental controls, else you could have a massive bill, as they could end up buying stuff without realising it costs money, it's happened on here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You do not need a xbox gold subscription to play minecraft, you only need one to play games online, multiplayer etc. you are free to buy and play any game without a sub.

You can buy points through the xbox, in shops like gamestop or online (cheapest) there is a thread here on buying points online that you get a code sent to your email to redeem on the xbox, quickest and easiest and cheapest way all round, 2100 points will be enough for minecraft with points left over. should cost in the region of €20

Advertisement