Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best Protein and Creatine you`d recommend?

• 08-02-2013 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi

I was hoping you could tell me what would be the best Protein and Creatine powders out there in your opinion. The best one for it`s money worth.

I see Maxi Muscle in alot of places. Which is a great product. But they really don`t put alot in there tubs. Which very quickly you will be out of alot of money.

So I hope you can save me some time and put me in the right the direction. As I am planning on buying this two products every month.

Thank you.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Strawberry Flavored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

unflavoured for me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

Graham you can't go far wrong with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I use 'beast creature' creatine at the moment. Easy to drink, doesn't taste like sh1t.

This is the shake I would have six or seven of a day

scoop of whey
    scoop of casein
    half a container of nutella
    a handfull of chocolate cake mix
    desert spoon of olive oil
    half a cup of oats (ground up)
    five desert spoons of honey
    apple
    banana
    pear
    four digestive biscuits.

Throw it all in the blender, full power, for five minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

6 or 7 a day? Does container equal jar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Graham you can't go far wrong with Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I use 'beast creature' creatine at the moment. Easy to drink, doesn't taste like sh1t.

This is the shake I would have six or seven of a day

scoop of whey
    scoop of casein
    half a container of nutella
    a handfull of chocolate cake mix
    desert spoon of olive oil
    half a cup of oats (ground up)
    five desert spoons of honey
    apple
    banana
    pear
    four digestive biscuits.

Throw it all in the blender, full power, for five minutes.

Is this trolling? That's alot of calories in one and you're having 6 or 7 a day? Does not compute...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭fearcruach

Hi

I was hoping you could tell me what would be the best Protein and Creatine powders out there in your opinion. The best one for it`s money worth.

I see Maxi Muscle in alot of places. Which is a great product. But they really don`t put alot in there tubs. Which very quickly you will be out of alot of money.

So I hope you can save me some time and put me in the right the direction. As I am planning on buying this two products every month.

Thank you.

Buying online is a good idea if you're looking for value for money. Myprotein, Bulk Powders and The Protein Works (interesting new flavours) are good options. Go for the standard whey and creatine monohydrate and you can't go wrong.

Maximuscle is no better than these and in some cases worse. It's all fancy marketing and bad value for money.

If you're buying in a shop then Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard is a good bet. Discount Supplements if based in Dublin is good value.

www.myprotein.co.uk
    www.bulkpowders.co.uk
    www.theproteinworks.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I've used proteindepot.ie the last couple of times. Very good prices and next day delivery.
    As said above go strawberry if you want a flavour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

The ON Gold Standard Whey is good, the double chocolate flavour I think it is, is pretty heavy going. Don't choose that one, or the French vanilla one.

Strawberry seems to be best for most powders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

milk and round steak mince

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Felexicon

The ON Gold Standard Whey is good, the double chocolate flavour I think it is, is pretty heavy going. Don't choose that one, or the French vanilla one.

Strawberry seems to be best for most powders.
    The chocolate one first thing in the morning is not the start to the day you'd want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Does no one on here recommend the kre alkaline capsules?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭zzfh

holland and barrett creatine is the only one i dont get bloat from but also get strength gains from.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

The best in terms of money for quality and quantity in my experience are Gaspari myofusion protein. And tri- Creatine malate from trec nutrition which is CM cubed. Serving is 4 a day for 5 grams of creatine, you get 360 caps for 30 euro. I find the best gains is strength from this form of creatine and no bloat, but definite size gains. Try it. you can get 90 caps for a tenner to try it out and see for yourself. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Is this trolling? That's alot of calories in one and you're having 6 or 7 a day? Does not compute...

I assume it is just a mistake but that made me smile. There's no proper liquid in there to mix it with. that would just be solid gunk surely and impossible to consume without a spoon and and a toilet close by. I'd like to give that a shot though at some point for the craic but with some water to make it drinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭leblanc

Used ON Whey protein. Was looking at USN anabolic muscle fuel, any good?

Advertisement