Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision Closing

Options
  • 08-02-2013 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭

Can someone give me some info on this. I have being told that homevision is ending but I have not received a letter or anything like that. I rely on homevision for work so a heads up could just safe my life.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought they closed shop months ago :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I thought they closed shop months ago :confused:

Closed as in not taking any new customers. I still have a connection up, just need to know when the lights will go out officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TraderFM

I've been with Homevision for a few years now... can't fault the service speed is top noch, and support.

I am also interested in hearing if something is going down so I can make a backup plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

You reckon they`re going to pull the plug without any notification?

I got a bill via email from them this morning, previous bills used to be available to view on their website but obviously not anymore as the website is gone.

I sent an email to their billing@homevision.ie address to ask about it and it bounced back as non deliverable. Very odd as the bill came from that address seconds beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 TraderFM

I got my bill via email today too.. strange that the email bounced back...maybe they are just changing website or name.

wish I knew more about that going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DHFrame

TraderFM wrote: »
    I got my bill via email today too.. strange that the email bounced back...maybe they are just changing website or name.

wish I knew more about that going on.

Well I rang them about 8 weeks ago saying I was moving address, I was well within my 12 month contract and I was told they wanted to end it there and then and I should ring them the moment I leave my current address, which I did. I just received a bill for Periods 1st May to 31st May even though I am no longer in that address and the lights went out on the modem 3-4 weeks ago.

All a bit silly really isn't it. Just Fu*cking tell people whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Folks any update/news on HomeVision.. their website is still down.

update

Just got a letter the other day saying that they are going to move all their customers including myself to another company called Pure Telecom... the worst part of the new company is the fact that their plans are all outdated and don't seem competitive at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

update

Just got a letter the other day saying that they are going to move all their customers including myself to another company called Pure Telecom... the worst part of the new company is the fact that their plans are all outdated and don't seem competitive at all..

Pure Telecom are a disaster. God help ye...

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Pure Telecom are a disaster. God help ye...

Fortunately they did say we can move providers.. but the last time we tried to leave HomeVision (about 2 years ago), they told us we wont be able to retain our existing number as they had no intention of releasing it :mad: .. hopefully they dont do it again this time :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Fortunately they did say we can move providers.. but the last time we tried to leave HomeVision (about 2 years ago), they told us we wont be able to retain our existing number as they had no intention of releasing it :mad: .. hopefully they dont do it again this time :confused:

Thats not allowed as a cursory read of this forum would show, people move provider all the time along with their number, no provider can stop this.
    I assume you had one of Homevisions private numbers, i.e. where they had their own LLU equipment in the Eircom exchange and allocated Homevision phone numbers.
    If that was the case then once you left HV your number would stay with HV , I assume this was what you were told, they weren't trying to hold onto it but that no other operators could port it to their network.

Thats not allowed as a cursory read of this forum would show, people move provider all the time along with their number, no provider can stop this.
    I assume you had one of Homevisions private numbers, i.e. where they had their own LLU equipment in the Eircom exchange and allocated Homevision phone numbers.
    If that was the case then once you left HV your number would stay with HV , I assume this was what you were told, they weren't trying to hold onto it but that no other operators could port it to their network.

The number was actually given to us by Eircom before we moved to HomeVision.. So when we decided to move to SmartTelecom a few years later.. we applied for our new connection through SmartTelecom's webpage and during the processing phase we got a call from SmartTelecom stating that HomeVision wasn't going to release our number, and that we could get another one if we wanted.. So this made us stay with HomeVision longer than we expected.
    Last year when an Eircom sales guy came around, he said the same thing that HomeVision should have released the number then.. maybe they were trying to hold on to their customers at any means including bluffing to customers :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Well if it was an Eircom number originally then there should have been no issue keeping it on moving, I suspect there was some misunderstanding. As I posted, you can see on this forum people move providers all the time. Any provider that tried to keep someones phone number would be in big trouble with Comreg.
    As a matter of interest , did you complain to Comreg?

Well if it was an Eircom number originally then there should have been no issue keeping it on moving, I suspect there was some misunderstanding. As I posted, you can see on this forum people move providers all the time. Any provider that tried to keep someones phone number would be in big trouble with Comreg.
    As a matter of interest , did you complain to Comreg?

No we did not complain to Comreg, we just decided to stick with them for as long as possible.. I will have to see what they are going to say this time around.. but thanks for the advice, really appreciate it :)

I got the letter from Homevision also, and a phone call the next day from pure telecom. The girl who called was all business, told me they just needed my direct debit details and that would be it, my service would continue as normal!

Not once did she ask if that was what I wanted. When I finally got to say a word I left her under no illusion that I would not be signing up with them as I had no idea who they were. She still however persisted and said she would call back again before the 1st of November as that would be when they would be taking over my account!!

She did indeed call back, the very next day in fact. I again told her I would not be signing up with them and not to call me again, I told her if I decided to avail of their service I would call them.

Something just not right about the whole thing for me, they seem in a real hurry to get you on their books, also very bad service from Homevision's side just dropping this on customers out of the blue only two weeks before they shut up shop. The letter from homevision also doesn't offer any choice in what you might do, it just states that your line rental, calls and broadband will be supplied and suppored by pure telecom from 1st November.

Well here's news for you homevision and pure telecom whoever the hell you are - my account will under no circumstances be transferring to you, I will choose my provider not you!

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

I got a call from them the other day. Guy who rang started telling me they would provide the same service as before for the same price.

I asked if they would be providing fibre based broadband as eircom have announced it will be available in my town from next month. He then said I would need to have a new socket installed if I wanted to go to fibre!!! I asked what he was talking about and he said fibre is different to copper and as a result I'd need a new socket. I said its FTTC (Fibre to the cabinet) not FTTH (Home) and he said "Well you obviously know more than me"

I then said can I keep my fixed IP address and he said "Can you explain what you mean by that?" I said not to worry. He added "We have all the same services as before"

He then said I needed to have a new direct debit set up - I told him to send me details.

Hope their technical support people are better than their sales people.

Yawlboy wrote: »
    I got a call from them the other day. Guy who rang started telling me they would provide the same service as before for the same price.

I asked if they would be providing fibre based broadband as eircom have announced it will be available in my town from next month. He then said I would need to have a new socket installed if I wanted to go to fibre!!! I asked what he was talking about and he said fibre is different to copper and as a result I'd need a new socket. I said its FTTC (Fibre to the cabinet) not FTTH (Home) and he said "Well you obviously know more than me"

I then said can I keep my fixed IP address and he said "Can you explain what you mean by that?" I said not to worry. He added "We have all the same services as before"

He then said I needed to have a new direct debit set up - I told him to send me details.

Hope their technical support people are better than their sales people.

Are you planning on sticking with them (Pure Telecom) ? From reading few forums, they don't seem to have a good rep..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I would suggest that all yopu Homevision guys are getting s very raw deal. Perhaps one of you would contact Comreg, if only to let them know whats going on. To me the whole thing stinks:mad:.

Switched to eircom yesterday - got a letter from Pure today - it contained a handwritten slip, saying please fill in attached DD mandate and a non prepaid envelope, no DD mandate. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Switched to eircom yesterday - got a letter from Pure today - it contained a handwritten slip, saying please fill in attached DD mandate and a non prepaid envelope, no DD mandate. :rolleyes:

How is your switch over to Eircom going?

I chose to switch over to sky, got a call yesterday from Sky saying they couldn't put my order through as there was already another order pending on the line for some other company!

Contacted Homevision, they said that it was out of their hands as all business has now been transferred to Pure Telecom despite the letter they sent out a few days ago saying Pure Telecom were taking over on the 1st of November.

Contacted Pure Telecom to find out what's going on, I was told by them, 'whats your problem? We are not out to do anyone, you can transfer to sky after the 1st of November no problem if you want'!! exactly their words.

I told Pure Telecom I had emphatically stated to their rep when she called a few days earlier about switching that they were under no circumstances to do anything with my account and that I would find my own provider so couldn't understand how they are currently blocking me from going to sky.

They said they would call back when they looked into it further, got a call back after about ten minutes and they said they have removed all orders from my line so I can switch to a provider of my choice.

Just contacted sky again and they say they will need to give it at least another 24 hours to be certain the line is clear before attempting to put my order though again.

Absolutely disgraceful carry on by homevison/Pure Telecom.

Is there anyway to find out if my line is clear myself? and if it isn't how do I find out who is blocking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

He then said I would need to have a new socket installed if I wanted to go to fibre!!!

You do. Socket will be replaced with one with an integrated filter and wiring to it (not beyond) checked for quality.

iPhone. wrote: »
    How is your switch over to Eircom going?

I chose to switch over to sky, got a call yesterday from Sky saying they couldn't put my order through as there was already another order pending on the line for some other company!

Contacted Homevision, they said that it was out of their hands as all business has now been transferred to Pure Telecom despite the letter they sent out a few days ago saying Pure Telecom were taking over on the 1st of November.

Contacted Pure Telecom to find out what's going on, I was told by them, 'whats your problem? We are not out to do anyone, you can transfer to sky after the 1st of November no problem if you want'!! exactly their words.

I told Pure Telecom I had emphatically stated to their rep when she called a few days earlier about switching that they were under no circumstances to do anything with my account and that I would find my own provider so couldn't understand how they are currently blocking me from going to sky.

They said they would call back when they looked into it further, got a call back after about ten minutes and they said they have removed all orders from my line so I can switch to a provider of my choice.

Just contacted sky again and they say they will need to give it at least another 24 hours to be certain the line is clear before attempting to put my order though again.

Absolutely disgraceful carry on by homevison/Pure Telecom.

Is there anyway to find out if my line is clear myself? and if it isn't how do I find out who is blocking it?

Got an email today saying the number had been transferred and that my broadband will follow in up to 5 working days - fingers crossed

Nice one! Hopefully get my own sorted asap too.

Advertisement