Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Arrival

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

brianon wrote: »
    Where would you even get one ?

http://www.rklok.nl/ Ronnie seems to be the easiest, can be pricey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,387 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jeff has some Blasts too doesn't he? Isn't that where urbanledge got his one in this thread?

Yeah I got it from Jeff at digital design systems .co.uk

And although its not working :(
    I dont think it was his fault and he's being very help full getting it sorted.
    Ive seen mixed reports of both sellers on AO and Jamma+

Next time I think I'll try source one privately in the UK,Get that fella they always use (Martian) to collect/pack it and deliver it to a Hales fraight/DPD depot and on to Dublin from there.

Although Ronnie gets some super nice stuff.

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »

Although Ronnie gets some super nice stuff.

Without a doubt he gets the nicest stuff alright. I know steve_si had that bad experience with his E3 monitor, but if you want something other that an astro/blast/awsd/nnc then he's the only person you'll really get variety from in europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Defo mixed reviews on both sellers. Its tough as you're buying something second hand and well used at distance based on photos alone.

Also well worth dropping Ronnie mails from time to time as he often has stuff not yet gone online. I mailed him once and he had a host of stuff still locked up waiting to be unpacked. From that he list he sent (which was recent enough) I don't recall seeing any of it go up on his site or AO thread etc.

From what I gather Jeff now only deals in the odd cab or two to fund his development of sticks and other products.

Next time I think I'll try source one privately in the UK,Get that fella they always use (Martian) to collect/pack it and deliver it to a Hales fraight/DPD depot and on to Dublin from there.

Interesting. Have you any idea of ball park cost doing it that way? Be useful for members on here to know. Compare against Jeff's £100+ and ronnies €195

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,894 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Without a doubt he gets the nicest stuff alright. I know steve_si had that bad experience with his E3 monitor, but if you want something other that an astro/blast/awsd/nnc then he's the only person you'll really get variety from in europe.

To be fair you are buying something well used and most definitely second hand so you always have the chance of something not working on it. My issue was Ronnie’s after sales care (or lack of). He basically didn’t give a crap once he had the money.
    He does get some nice stuff in but he also doesn't have the best rep over on AO (which I found out from the load of PM's and posts from users over there when I was trying to resolve my issues with him).
    Still, if he had a cab come up that I really wanted I might roll the dice and chance it. Not exactly a load of options for candy sellers around here.

Not 100% but I think Martain charges 50pounds,
    In work we use hales all the time,
    I got one of the wherehouse lads to ring them and they said it would be about 70pounds to get a cab to Dublin from any of their depots in the UK.
    Jeff charged me 120pounds so its about right.
    Its getting the seller to play ball I suppose, Ideally you could get them to deliver it to a shipping place for petrol money or something.

Not 100% but I think Martain charges 50pounds,
    In work we use hales all the time,
    I got one of the wherehouse lads to ring them and they said it would be about 70pounds to get a cab to Dublin from any of their depots in the UK.
    Jeff charged me 120pounds so its about right.
    Its getting the seller to play ball I suppose, Ideally you could get them to deliver it to a shipping place for petrol money or something.

Can't imagine the sellers giving too much of a toss once Martin has collected the cab. Organise all the test through Martin and the delivery company yourself. The lads on J+ love Martin so might male them more amenable to selling to buyers abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Any update?

• Advertisement

Any update?
    Yeah not much though,
    My chassis was marked as delivered on monday.
    Fininaly got jeff on the phone on Friday.
    He says it went to the wrong office and he had just got it and was going to test it "later".
    Absolute disaster and nout I can do but keep on his tale.he does seem willing to help in fareness but it's dragging on.at this rate it'll be another 2 weeks.

Latest on this mess,
    Tried ringing Jeff Monday, Tuesday and today.
    No answer
    few minutes after I was ringing him I get an email off him saying the chassis has been sent to London as he cant find a problem with it (so he confirming there is a problem with it)
    He's sent it to someone in London to have a look/fix it.Kos?? said he's an expert on then and this Kos will be shipping it back to me.
    Really dragging on at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

So did you get a replacement chassis or do you have to wait till they diagnose the original first ? Sounds like a total pain to be honest..

What a dose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Why would he send off a chassis to London if he tested it & it had no faults? Sounds more like he sent it off to be repaired no?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Why would he send off a chassis to London if he tested it & it had no faults? Sounds more like he sent it off to be repaired no?

Reading between the lines he said he wasn't working and he personally couldn't find a fault with it.

@last bandit,
    Didnt get a replacement chassis

Joke,but nothing I can do but wait and what happens.
    i could of ordered a chassis myself and had it by now.
    That better be the problem also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Ah man what a pain in the hoop, I'd nearly try return the thing at his expense by now. Hope it works out.

Well urban.
    We must be due an update by now!

Last contact I had was last Friday,
    Told him I wanted it sorted this week or I'd be shipping the lot back at his expense.
    Tried to get in touch again yesterday with no joy.
    He said on Friday it was still in London.
    I'm going to hound him today on the phone till he answers.
    Will keep yous posted

• Advertisement

Last contact I had was last Friday,
    Told him I wanted it sorted this week or I'd be shipping the lot back at his expense.
    Tried to get in touch again yesterday with no joy.
    He said on Friday it was still in London.
    I'm going to hound him today on the phone till he answers.
    Will keep yous posted

You see its things like that that'd put me off ever buying from him...aftersales is key. Stuff can & does go wrong, its how its dealt with that makes the difference. Constantly failing to make contact & being put on the long finger would put me right off

oh without doubt never again,
    I'll be going to Ronnie in future and obviously I'll never be recommending him ever.
    Live and learn

EnterNow wrote: »
    You see its things like that that'd put me off ever buying from him...aftersales is key. Stuff can & does go wrong, its how its dealt with that makes the difference. Constantly failing to make contact & being put on the long finger would put me right off

Does he actually offer any aftersales support though and to what extent ?

Now I know in this case the screen was DOA so absolutely should be replaced promptly and at no charge to the buyer. The seller is really taking the piss here..

But if something fails in 6 months or a year ? Unless you buying a warranty of some kind with it then you're kind of screwed it would seem.

Does he actually offer any aftersales support though and to what extent ?

Now I know in this case the screen was DOA so absolutely should be replaced promptly and at no charge to the buyer. The seller is really taking the piss here..

But if something fails in 6 months or a year ? Unless you buying a warranty of some kind with it then you're kind of screwed it would seem.

I wouldn't expect much care after six months for a cab from anyone really, stuff breaks on them...you expect that. When I say aftersales in this context, I'm talking about the cab being DOA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I'm on the lookout for a new cab myself and I was thinking of a blast city from DSD. Wont be purchasing off him after all the crap you've gone though. I'd really like to pick up something from within this country, be so much handier, fingers crossed something pops up

Master of the Universe

It's mad the amount of cash we're all dropping on these things when so many have arrived with issues :pac:

Keep hounding him Urbanledge, only way to do it it seems! :(

• Advertisement

DOA's can happen with anything but its how its dealt with makes the difference. Based on the experiences here I'd not be too keen to purchase for this guy tbh.

Tried him 3 or 4 times today,
    If theres no sign of getting sorted soon im going to abuse him over on J+ and AO.

To be honest, I couldnt imagine Ronnie being much better in the same situation.

Folks on here have had positive and negative experiences with both sellers.

It almost semms like its pot luck if you get a cab working in the condition Lu expect.

OK update from Jeff as of 2mins ago

Monitor on bench at ak -can be fixed and shipping will be booked in today for collection from london to ireland tomorrow

He also says he tried calling me back today and got a Dutch woman.

He also says he tried calling me back today and got a Dutch woman.

What have you been up to :D:D

• Advertisement

Tried him 3 or 4 times today,
    If theres no sign of getting sorted soon im going to abuse him over on J+ and AO.

Haha!

Chassis is back,
    will have an update later.

Chassis is back,
    will have an update later.

The original or a replacement?

Master of the Universe

/still waiting for an update.

Urbanledge - I hope to feck you're just too busy playing your cab to let us know how you go on :)

/still waiting for an update.

Urbanledge - I hope to feck you're just too busy playing your cab to let us know how you go on :)

Either that or the fire brigade are cutting him down as we speak. Arcade cabs have been known to have that effect :D

right here we go,

2013-03-12%252018.31.39.jpg

Its ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Great news, glad you got it sorted.

Master of the Universe

Worth the wait :)

Cant wait to see your Egret II beside it!

and thank **** for that,
    heres a pic of the grid. absolutely almost perfect!
    2013-03-12%252018.01.06.jpg

Im a happy man,
    The buttons and sticks are absolutely shoot to pieces.there dirt
    The CP wiring needs a total overhaul.
    I ordered a new CP a few weeks ago so when all thats done I'll take some proper pics.
    I think the screen is too bright so I'll sort that out tomorrow but the picture is savage.

Master of the Universe

Did they tell you what was actually gone on the chassis as a matter of interest?

• Advertisement

Did they tell you what was actually gone on the chassis as a matter of interest?

Yeah. Curious to know this myself

No,I asked Jeff but no reply,
    I'll ask again tomorrow.
    There is a sticker on the chassis now says repaired by ak amusements 6/3/13

Just had a few games of strikers 1945 and neo geo world cup 98
    savage stuff.
    the scan lines are crazy!

Master of the Universe

Chances are it's going to be a long time before your chassis goes out on that cab now. Nice to get it out of the way at the very beginning :)

Buttons were rubbish on my cab when I got it too. I don't think Ronnie swaps them out, just sells them on with whatever came in it.

The stick and buttons in my Atomiswave are in rag order as well. Jeff replaced one of them at most and I suspect that was even new either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Happy days man.

That runnin the mvs? All in workin order?

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Happy days man.

That runnin the mvs? All in workin order?
    You know it Eamo! Working like a charm.
    Thanks again for it.I got a few carts of my own and a multicart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Nice....bring on the bucky.... :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Excellent news urban! Delighted to see her back up and running. :cool:

So urban. Any regrets buying the egret now ;-)

• Advertisement

Nope! Cant wait for it! :)
    Ha ha ha

Advertisement