Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adult Caution or Court? for accidential shop theft?? Help 1st ever offence:(

Options
  • 08-02-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here & I need help/advice. I am a 100% law abiding citizen, however, I made a split second wrong decision. I have young children & use a buggy, I was in a shop and bought a few items and on my return to the car realised I had 2 unpaid for items which i had placed on the buggy and completely forgotten about them until I got to the car. I was against the clock & instead of returning to the shop there & then I put them in the car (very wrong I know) with the intention of returning them on my next visit (yeah right I hear you all say) but this is the truth as I have done it before & yes I did return them the next visit. However, I was followed to the car by security & got 'arrested'. Now I am being given an adult caution, or the other option is court. I have never been in trouble before, & would never steal anything. I am very ashamed of this & can't face going out to shops anymore.

The adult caution is poss my best option & move on, but this is admitting I did it on purpose which is not the case, but I am growing afraid of letting it go to court as it may result in a convection. It is tearing me up. The garda believes my honest mistake but the store manager is just not listening or hearing me despite my desperate pleas.

So what do any of you think my chance in court would be & what do you think the outcome would be? Sorry for such a long post & thanks in advance for any suggestions, help on this horrid matter:(

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solicitor, legal advice is banned sitewide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jowright

Thank you, all I'm after is peoples personal opinions or if they have been in similar situations, I know official legal advice cannot be given, thanks again for your comment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Aside from being massively off-topic for this forum, there's no way that's not going to invite attempts at legal advice, so this is getting closed.

If you want to discuss legal issues, then do so in the legal discussion forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=633

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement