Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropbox - Files appearing in iPhone but not computer.

Options
  • 08-02-2013 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a course and all of the course material is sent to us via Dropbox.

For the first time a folder, and all the files contained in it, did not appear in the Dropbox on my computers. However, it has appeared in my iPhone.

Some in my class have received the folder, others not.

Oddly, it seems that those with Mac computers did receive the folder, those with PC (like me) did not.

Does this make sense?

Secondly, how can I sync the folder from my iPhone to my computers?

Many thanks.

D.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Dinarius wrote: »
    I'm doing a course and all of the course material is sent to us via Dropbox.

For the first time a folder, and all the files contained in it, did not appear in the Dropbox on my computers. However, it has appeared in my iPhone.

Some in my class have received the folder, others not.

Oddly, it seems that those with Mac computers did receive the folder, those with PC (like me) did not.

Does this make sense?

Secondly, how can I sync the folder from my iPhone to my computers?

Many thanks.

D.

Sounds to me like you accepted the invite for the shared folder on the iphone, I wonder must you do this on the pc as well? Probably shouldn't as from memory this is all done via the cloud the activation but log in to your dropbox.com and see if there are any "pending" invites under sharing I think it is

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Yoyo,

Thanks for the reply.

This is weird....

I just logged into my Dropbox.com account and the folder is there, where it should be. But, it's not in the Dropbox on my PC's desktop.

There are no pending invitations, so how can I make it appear in the Dropbox?

Many thanks.

D.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yoyo,

Thanks for the reply.

This is weird....

I just logged into my Dropbox.com account and the folder is there, where it should be. But, it's not in the Dropbox on my PC's desktop.

There are no pending invitations, so how can I make it appear in the Dropbox?

Many thanks.

D.
    Look for the Dropbox folder in your taskbar (right hand side beside the clock) and right click on it>Pause Syncing, then right click on it>Resume Syncing. Obviously if you have the option to "resume syncing" initially, then it has already been paused on your machine :) .
    This may sort it

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Nick,

Nope. It's never paused. Files are constantly being added. It's just this one folder that hasn't installed.

I suspect that it may be an invitation thing.

Thanks again.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This sounds like a file system incompatibility. Dropbox is cross platform and should be able to run between all but this may be glitching out.

Also ensure selective sync isnt enabled. It shouldnt be, but just in case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement