Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carcass are back in the studio

Options
  • 08-02-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭

Carcass are back in the studio for the first time since 1996's 'Swansong'. Jeff Walker (bass/vocals), Bill Steer (guitars) and new recruit Daniel Wilding on drums. No sign of previous guitarist Michael Amott or indeed any other guitarist joining so I'm assuming they are recording it as a 3 piece.

Hard to know what to expect but I'm happy enough to have some new material. I'm hoping it will be less 'Swansong' and more 'Necrotism/Heartwork'. Hopefully a Dublin date too.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCarcass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Carcass are back in the studio for the first time since 1996's 'Swansong'. Jeff Walker (bass/vocals), Bill Steer (guitars) and new recruit Daniel Wilding on drums. No sign of previous guitarist Michael Amott or indeed any other guitarist joining so I'm assuming they are recording it as a 3 piece.

Hard to know what to expect but I'm happy enough to have some new material. I'm hoping it will be less 'Swansong' and more 'Necrotism/Heartwork'. Hopefully a Dublin date too.

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCarcass

I think, he's still with Arch Enemy, is he?

You can't beat 'Necrotism...' though, that's for sure ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I think, he's still with Arch Enemy, is he?

You can't beat 'Necrotism...' though, that's for sure ;)

He is indeed, wouldn't surprise me though if he joined them for a few dates on any festivals they might be added too. A 2nd guitarist is a necessity live in my opinion so maybe there might be something there. Hope so.

Necrotism is a monster of an album.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

I read somewhere that Amott will not be involved in the new Carcass album as he's fully committed to Arch Enemy.

I presume that means touring as well.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=182963

Just checked the ArchEnemy website and the only dates down for touring are a few festivals in Europe in June. So hopefully he'd be able to play with Carcass if possible.

Fingers crossed, but I guess if Carcass decide to do a serious tour supporting the album they will have to bring in another guitarist.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Just checked the ArchEnemy website and the only dates down for touring are a few festivals in Europe in June. So hopefully he'd be able to play with Carcass if possible.

Fingers crossed, but I guess if Carcass decide to do a serious tour supporting the album they will have to bring in another guitarist.

Nope, unfortunately not. Amott said in that Blabbermouth article that he's too busy with Arch Enemy and Spiritual Beggars to tour with Carcass, so they are looking for a second guitarist to tour. Daniel Wilding is on drums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

This could be decent or embarassing, wouldn't expect much though. Carcass though a fine band certainly veered off course in their last years. Hope I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

In fairness though, Ammott founded Arch Enemy and he is engaged to Gossow for a long time, he'd naturally have his full commitment to the former over a Carcass reunion

Got tickets for their London gigs at end of March. Hell Yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

buck65 wrote: »
    This could be decent or embarassing, wouldn't expect much though. Carcass though a fine band certainly veered off course in their last years. Hope I'm wrong.

Could be another practical joke, like Jeff ünd die Fluffers

If it still had the finesse yet accesibility of Heartwork it'd be grand. Though depends on the quality of the songs, will hopefully get to see them live again now anyhow

So is anyone here heading over for the gigs this week in the World End?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Interesting to hear them they say in an interview that they wouldn't want to tarnish their legacy with a bad comeback album.
    what's it been 16/17 years?
    For this reason alone, I think we may have something on our hands ...I hope so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So is anyone here heading over for the gigs this week in the World End?

No, but fingers crossed we'll see them in Ireland at some stage ;)

Worlds End in camden?!! ..

come to butthead.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

From looking at Youtube, Bill's still got it anyway, so that's good enough for me.

Was over for the Tuesday night gig and luckily enough was put on the guest list for Wednesday night courtesy of Jeff Walker. Tuesday's set list was more 'Heartwork' based with Wednesday's more 'Necrotism'.

Bill and Jeff were in flying form (had forgotten Jeff has some growl on him) and Dan Wilding on drums was tight tight tight. I thought Daniel Erlandsson did a great job on their last set of gigs but think Wilding is the better fit. Ben Ash was on guitars, can't remember from talking to them if he was just drafted in for these gigs or is involved in the album.

Got backstage for the Wednesday night but won't say too much about that although there might be a delay in finishing the mix on the new album, can't say anymore about that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r67HTe5cgvU

I was at Tuesday's show. It was a bloody brilliant night.

(had forgotten Jeff has some growl on him)

Incarnated vocal chord abuse

funnily enough I am hearing a pattern down the years, of littler guys with bigger voices....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Incarnated vocal chord abuse

funnily enough I am hearing a pattern down the years, of littler guys with bigger voices....
    First thing I thought was "Triple H".
    (so sue me)

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    First thing I thought was "Triple H".
    (so sue me)

he's 6"2! ..that was lemmy?! thud.

I guess you don't fancy his chances at the wrestlemania!!

Advertisement