Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tatoo removal and power of laser

• 08-02-2013 7:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭

I am in the process of getting a tat removed. Just had my 4th session today. I asked the removal technician whether he had to up the strength of the laser for each visit and he said no once it hurts i.e like an elastic band hitting the skin that it should be having an effect. I thought this response was wrong and their meant to up the dosage each visit. Am I being taken for a ride and their just aiming to slow the whole procedure in order to get me to attedn as amnay sessions as possible and thus spend more money?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

billyhead wrote: »
    I am in the process of getting a tat removed. Just had my 4th session today. I asked the removal technician whether he had to up the strength of the laser for each visit and he said no once it hurts i.e like an elastic band hitting the skin that it should be having an effect. I thought this response was wrong and their meant to up the dosage each visit. Am I being taken for a ride and their just aiming to slow the whole procedure in order to get me to attedn as amnay sessions as possible and thus spend more money?

There not meant to up the strength after each visit, the higher they set the laser the more liely you are to be left with visible scarring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

billyhead wrote: »

Nope, they can just alter the focal point so that instead of the beam coming into focus on the surface of the skin it does so beneath the surface of the skin. Though TBH I don't know if they even get that technical for tattoo removal and they may instead just be hitting the bits they missed before or that didn't get enough exposure in order to break the chemical bonds.

Advertisement