Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage question

Options
  • 08-02-2013 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi.  I bought an apt in the height of the boom and I know I am in negative equity just like everyone else.  I have had an offer to purchase the apt.  Going by the most recent mortgage statement what I would get for the apt is roughly €50K short of what is left to repay on the mortgage.  But, with the current property prices I am unlikely to get a better offer ...
    I have a variable rate mortgage and if I pay off the bulk of it with the sale proceeds, what happens with regards the remaining €50K?  I know I would have to continue to pay that off but how would that work as the apt the mortgage relates to would then belong to someone else (and they would have their own mortgage for it)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi CorkBabe33,

Thanks for posting.

There are a couple of options available but you would need to discuss them with a Mortgage Advisor in your local branch.

You can find a full list of branch contact details here

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement