Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dating at CIT!

Options
  • 08-02-2013 10:02pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭

Is it harder to get with girls if you're in CIT? It's something that's not ever addressed, but if you're some engineering course with only guys, your odds of meeting a girl through third level education are virtually nil, and therefore you have to rely on other social aspects.

In UCC for example, I chat with girls all the time during the day, 'plant seeds', and may then follow it up at a house party, or wherever I bump into them next. I'm not great with girls, but I no I'd have met less if I was in CIT. Doesn't it kind of suck! What do you guys think?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Mydayoff

Anyone??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

They are too busy getting assignments in or maybe they are out on a date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Mydayoff wrote: »
    Is it harder to get with girls if you're in CIT? It's something that's not ever addressed, but if you're some engineering course with only guys, your odds of meeting a girl through third level education are virtually nil, and therefore you have to rely on other social aspects.

In UCC for example, I chat with girls all the time during the day, 'plant seeds', and may then follow it up at a house party, or wherever I bump into them next. I'm not great with girls, but I no I'd have met less if I was in CIT. Doesn't it kind of suck! What do you guys think?

If you're in UCC then go to the UCC forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

The college you go to makes no difference to the relative difficulty in "getting with girls".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 100 ✭✭Mydayoff

mrmeindl wrote: »
    The college you go to makes no difference to the relative difficulty in "getting with girls".

Yeah, it just rules out getting with girls IN college. Instead either join lots of clubs, or rely on cold approaching strangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Yeah, it just rules out getting with girls IN college. Instead either join lots of clubs, or rely on cold approaching strangers.

I really cannot understand what your malfunction is, there's plenty of girls "IN" CIT. if you do an Engineering course in any college there'll be less girls, and vice versa for people studying babysitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nujeebaby

I did engineering to over in CIT, great time, I always found it hilarious the reaction to telling UCC heads when out on the town that you actually go to CIT.
    The looks of disgust we're just unbelievable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Have u not been in the Canteen or walked to Nexus? Women everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 megz94

I'm a girl in CIT, I don't think it would be that hard, it's not like an ALL boys college there's girls everywhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

If you can "plant seeds" with girls in UCC, then you should be able to do the same in CIT. They're no different. It takes courage and not every girl on this planet is taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Besides, "planting seeds" is a damn good way to end up dropping out of college in 9 months time because of an extra mouth to feed!

Are they behind the times in UCC, or did ye never hear of johnnies? ;)

Advertisement