Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

brian_t wrote: »
    The Fall final episode was the most watched programme on RTE beating Prime Time and Fair City.

I think RTE will be pleased.

http://www.medialive2.com/television/latest-top-20-programmes/latest-top-20-programmes.html

I wonder will Series 2 episode one be the same? Or will it become like Lost where people are watching it just to figure out what the feck is going on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Would anyone like to buy some of Gillians clothes
    Wave 1 of The Gillian Anderson Clothes Sale starts tomorrow, Monday 17th June.

All items have been donated by Gillian from her personal clothes collection to help raise funds for SA-YES.

The sale will take place on the Clothes Agency website. Julie Baron (SA-YES Events Coordinator) is selling the clothes on behalf of Gillian.

There are dresses, suits, jeans, coats, boots and shoes, all ranging in price, so if you would like to own something from Gillian's wardrobe (and help SA-YES at the same time), please take a look! This sale is NOT AN AUCTION. If you want something, go ahead and buy it before someone else grabs it first.

The clothes sale will be held in several stages/waves since there over 100 items up for grabs. Please check in regularly so not to miss out on anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Would anyone like to buy some of Gillians clothes

Spector wouldn't bother buying them.

how many watch the fall?

I hope you find this here - I thought I keep it in the Fall thread.

The actual figure for the final one was 359,000

hardCopy wrote: »
    Spector wouldn't bother buying them.

I'm afraid budding Stellas won't be able to buy any of the Silk Blouses
    I'm selling my clothes to raise funds for @sa_yes . Some new some vintage. No silk shirts. Please buy! -GA.

Gillian Anderson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

WTF!
    That's it???
    I was waiting for episode 6 to see how it ends.

What a crappy ending. Thought it was just getting interesting in that last show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28 joeyla

Couldn't agree more...good series ruined by finale episode.

For first episode of Series 2 ( if there is one ) Stella should wake up in the shower and realise that last episode was just a bad dream and that the killer was actually caught.....seen as they had a mountain of clues linked to him....the cleaners in the police station could have caught him......

They have:

* Hand writing sample from his interview to match with letter sent to victims father
    * Kids picture ( stick it on the news mother will recognise or kid )
    * Burned out car the day after being interviewed ( which I'm sure they will find even if all evidence within is destroyed ). Then skipping the country.
    * He didn't disguise his voice on the phone. Cop who interviewed him answered the call I think. If not Stella has conversation recorded. Wasnt' interview recorded too. Voice match
    * Photo fit which looks just like him.
    * Girl he tried to strangle before could probably ID him if was shown pics of who was interviewed.
    * Even dumping victims chain in drain outside police station. Got be be CCTV cameras all over the front of a police station in NI.

Very silly him not being caught.

Prob more I'm forgetting too....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Bit easier to follow than lost. It a good story just to get plot to come toghether.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

joeyla wrote: »

He wasn't physically caught, but he was this close to being identified by the police. For all we know the 2nd series will open with him being arrested getting off the ferry in Scotland.

I know a lot of people wanted it wrapped up in a nice bow at the end of he series but I think I'll wait and see where they go in S2 before I judge how they ended this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Qs

Interested to know what you consider "good American TV", as far as I can see there's not a lot of it out there at the moment.

I agreed with almost everything in your post but this is more than a little questionable a statement.

The Fall was pretty good by Irish and British standards but really it doesn't come close to some of the stuff being made in the US these days (for very understandable reasons).

• Advertisement

Qs wrote: »
    I agreed with almost everything in your post but this is more than a little questionable a statement.

The Fall was pretty good by Irish and British standards but really it doesn't come close to some of the stuff being made in the US these days (for very understandable reasons).

I wasn't saying The Fall was comparable with US TV, I was just wondering what was considered by the OP to be "good American TV" as a lot of shows get endless praise despite being not really that good.

Homeland for example is huge, huge ratings, endless critical praise, all the awards, and yet it's really quite ridiculous, especially the 2nd series and bordering on soapish with its melodrama and silly plot twists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Radio5

joeyla wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more...good series ruined by finale episode.

For first episode of Series 2 ( if there is one ) Stella should wake up in the shower and realise that last episode was just a bad dream and that the killer was actually caught.....seen as they had a mountain of clues linked to him....the cleaners in the police station could have caught him......

They have:

* Hand writing sample from his interview to match with letter sent to victims father
    * Kids picture ( stick it on the news mother will recognise or kid )
    * Burned out car the day after being interviewed ( which I'm sure they will find even if all evidence within is destroyed ). Then skipping the country.
    * He didn't disguise his voice on the phone. Cop who interviewed him answered the call I think. If not Stella has conversation recorded. Wasnt' interview recorded too. Voice match
    * Photo fit which looks just like him.
    * Girl he tried to strangle before could probably ID him if was shown pics of who was interviewed.
    * Even dumping victims chain in drain outside police station. Got be be CCTV cameras all over the front of a police station in NI.

I thought the last 2 episodes let the whole thing down. Its like they rewrote them when they found out that there would be a series 2.

Radio5 wrote: »
    I thought the last 2 episodes let the whole thing down. Its like they rewrote them when they found out that there would be a series 2.

It was filmed way back early last year so that is not possible, even if it seemed that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

They had to have some idea then the BBC wanted two seasons. No way would they have ended it like that without a second season.

As for Homeland being soap-y and melodramatic the acting for the supporting cast in this is like something from the Bold and the Beautiful.

According to Emmett J Scanlan who plays Glen Martin The Fall is to start shooting its second series in February 2014

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a521724/the-fall-series-2-to-start-filming-in-early-2014.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i watched the fall every week, glued to it i was...then i hear it's going to season 2 and on that note i didn't even bother with the last episode....did i miss anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

According to Emmett J Scanlan who plays Glen Martin The Fall is to start shooting its second series in February 2014

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a521724/the-fall-series-2-to-start-filming-in-early-2014.html

I wonder will the new series shoot clash with Jamie Dornan's tie up with Fifty Shades of Grey;)

I wonder will the new series shoot clash with Jamie Dornan's tie up with Fifty Shades of Grey;)

Punny.

Fifty Shades is scheduled to be released in April of next year, a ridiculous time scale considering they haven't even finished the script, but he should be done filming by then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

Punny.

Fifty Shades is scheduled to be released in April of next year, a ridiculous time scale considering they haven't even finished the script, but he should be done filming by then.

Fifty Shades will need a script???! :D

We start to shoot in February. It's even more intense than the first.

Gillian Anderson on the second series in an interview from TV Guide Magazine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Will it be next summer before it start again then?

doovdela wrote: »
    Will it be next summer before it start again then?

I would guess Autumn but you never know. They messed the transmission date of the first series around so much but it did prove quite successful when it eventually aired so hopefully they'll get this one on as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

ivytwine wrote: »
    Fifty Shades will need a script???! :D

Can't believe he's actually doing it!
    http://m.ew.com/2013/11/13/fifty-shades-of-grey-first-character-photos/

The release date for 50 Shades has been put back until Feb 2015. I hope it doesn't get in the way of filming The Fall.

p.s. He looks so weird without the stubble, I don't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

With The Fall only being 5 episodes and him being a prominent but not constant presence on screen I'm sure he can fit it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The release date for 50 Shades has been put back until Feb 2015. I hope it doesn't get in the way of filming The Fall.

p.s. He looks so weird without the stubble, I don't like it.

He looks weird with it. I've heard of fashionable stubble. He has creepy stubble.

Filming has finally started on the second series of The Fall.
    The drama picks up where series one left off, with six hour-long episodes and Anderson at the helm as Detective Superintendent Stella Gibson continuing her increasingly desperate hunt for the serial murderer Paul Spector (Jamie Dornan).
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/the-fall-series-two.html
    Season two of The Fall is expected to broadcast later this year or early 2015
    http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2014/0313/601984-gillian-anderson-back-in-ireland-for-the-fall/

The BBC has also released the first image from the show’s second season.
    The image shows Gillian Anderson in character as Detective Superintendent Stella Gibson, in more casual attire than she wore throughout season one.

The-Fall-Season-2.jpg

I see Gillian is trying to raise some money for her favourite charity - South African Youth Education for Sustainability (SA-YES)

The starting bid is £303.00
    Meet Gillian Anderson on the set of THE FALL in Belfast!

You and a guest will enjoy a set visit to BBC2's THE FALL in Belfast where you will meet Gillian and watch filming of this thrilling crime serial.

The set visit can take place between April 15 and June 13 (winner's choice). The visit will last approximately half a day depending on the day's schedule. You and your guest can each bring two items to be signed as well as a camera for photos with Gillian only. No photos or recording of the set/filming location will be allowed.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meet-Gillian-Anderson-on-the-set-of-THE-FALL-in-Belfast-/261429368195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cde679583

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

started this today and onto the second episode now and i really dont know what to make of it, dont think i like it, does it get much better?

Advertisement