Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

Raf32 wrote: »
    started this today and onto the second episode now and i really dont know what to make of it, dont think i like it, does it get much better?

its a bit slow to start off, but once the characters have all been introduced, it takes off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

johndoe99 wrote: »
    its a bit slow to start off, but once the characters have all been introduced, it takes off.

Thanks ill stick with it so :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'd recommend you to stick with it as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Just finished watching this on Netflix - can't believe I missed it on RTE last year. Watched it over two nights and enjoyed it...looking forward to season 2.

One thing that annoyed me and it's nothing to do with the show, but rather Netflix. Netflix are promoting this as a "Netflix original' which is just lies. Netflix exclusive would be a bit more accurate (but still not entirely true)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ Yeah, they had some sort of deal to show it and that's why the last 3 (I think)episodes of the series were on Netflix before they aired on BBC after they delayed the start date. Don't think they were involved in the production at all though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

mel.b wrote: »
    Netflix are promoting this as a "Netflix original' which is just lies. Netflix exclusive would be a bit more accurate (but still not entirely true)

Hulu does this as well Shows like Moone Boy, The Only Way is Essex, UK Misfits even The Bridge are all classed as Hulu Original shows on Hulu Plus.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is there a remake of misfits?

Is there a remake of misfits?

There is an Italian version and I think there is a Spanish verson.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Any word on when season 2 will be aired....it's over a year now since season one & I'm still on tenterhooks waiting to see Jamie Dornan get his comeupance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Season 2 is due in the Autumn apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭lindascribbler

Thanks Brian - not long to wait so...
    Scary trailer:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,455 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm really looking forward to Season 2.
    I think I might watch Season 1 again! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I watched the first two seasons of Hannibal over a few weeks and I needed something to fill the gap so I decided to watch The Fall as I missed the original airing.

spoilers below

I was engrossed by the first episode. Introducing the show's leading detective character with a shot of her cleaning her bath was an interesting choice. I actually don't necessarily read Gillian Anderson's portrayal of Gibson as being cold and emotionless. The murder of Jimmy Olsen (where was Superman??) did hit too close to come for her but she was able to draw a line under it and move on. Also, a senior detective in the MET absolutely needs an emotional detachment to the victims of the crimes they are investigating in order to cope with the level of human suffering they are exposed to. It's like a shield. The pathologist mentioned something similar during their conversation. I do like the fact that seeing a half smirk on Gibson's face is as expressive as Jim Carey.

The subplot about corrupt officers went nowhere and felt like far less interesting filler. I wish they used that time to expend Gibson's character. There were fleeting moment such as her chat with the pathologist in the bar, or the scene with a little bit of humor about her education: "My first degree was in anthropology", "First degree?", "Oh I've hundreds". It was also clear that she got a lot of satisfaction from telling the journalist to "f*ck off" in episode one. I wish we had more glimpses behind her armor like that. I also like the young female officer but strangely, her role decreased after she was promoted to Gibson's aid. I hope her role is expended in season two.

I also think they did a decent job of humanising the first on screen victim (chatting with her friends, meeting her sister and child, dedication to her job, talking with the police) so her murder was a little more impactful. Yes, there are plotholes around the killer's activities but most serial killer shows do. I'm looking forward to season two.

As a previous poster listed, the police have more than enough evidence to identify the killer but as Gibson said during a team meeting "The devil is quite literally in the details". Possessing the evidence and linking them to the killer are two different things entirely. I wonder if season two will begin with the police identifying Paul and trying to track him down, or will be remain unidentified. The former seems more plausible. If Gibson releases the girl's drawing, the wife will immediately identify it.

Can't wait for its return, hopefully it won't disappoint.

In advance of the second series both RTE and BBC are repeating the first one.

It starts on RTE1 this coming Saturday at 11.15pm and continues the following Saturday.

BBC2 is showing the first three episodes on Sunday 26th October starting at 10.30pm. The last 2 episodes might be the following Sunday but they haven't released the listings for that week yet.

If RTÉ are showing 1 a week I assume the new one will start in about 6 weeks?

The last episode of Love/Hate is on Sunday 23rd of November.

So maybe The Fall will start on Sunday 30th.

I think it's expected to start on BBC in November so I'm sure RTE wont want to be too far behind.

Not really a spoiler but maybe if you haven't seen the first series yet
    The first episode of the second series is set 10 days after the final episode of series one.

I think RTÉ are usually a few days ahead of BBC. But either way it seems to be November.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Back on BBC on November 13th.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Whats the song used in the ad?
    Looking forward to this series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Very weird scheduling of this, straight after L/H finale.

den87 wrote: »
    Whats the song used in the ad?
    Looking forward to this series.

Arsonist's Lullabye by Hozier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,917 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

BE able to charge big money for advertising in this case. .... nearly a million will watch last L/H, then a lot should probably stay at the TV and watch the Fall.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Very weird scheduling of this, straight after L/H finale.

Not really close to 1 million people or so watching L/H they are hoping most will stay on and watch this straight after.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

Arsonist's Lullabye by Hozier

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

How exactly did Gillian Anderson prepare for the role, did they give her tapes of Margaret Thatcher to listen to?

I'll wait a few days and watch it on BBC as the RTE showing is guaranteed to be full of adverts!

Proper milf,she is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

Looking forward to this tonight.

Advertisement