Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Must remember to put the bins out before watching tonight. Last year there was a lot of bins went un-put-out in fear of Jamie Dornan being in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,835 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Must remember to put the bins out before watching tonight. Last year there was a lot of bins went un-put-out in fear of Jamie Dornan being in the garden.

I'd say there are plenty of females out there that would leave the door open in the hope that Jaime Dornan is out there :p

I'd say there are plenty of females out there that would leave the door open in the hope that Jaime Dornan is out there :p

Quite... I should have said in case Paul Spector is in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Great show but Gillian Anderson talks far too slow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Is the episode tonight on RTE series 1 or first episode of series 2? if it is series 2, how come RTE can show before BBC?

• Advertisement

tw0nk wrote: »
    Is the episode tonight on RTE series 1 or first episode of series 2? if it is series 2, how come RTE can show before BBC?

It's a BBC/rté co production.RTÉ get to show it first because it won't impact BBC's rating if people in Ireland watch it first whereas BBC showing it first would/could impact on RTÉ's ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

thanks TME, looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Gillian Anderson...phwoarrrrrrrrrrrr

An extraordinary amount of saliva is now on my floor. Outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

The fall is terrifying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Creepy Paul is back... or is it Peter? Good first episode of season 2.

• Advertisement

Creepy as Fcuk!

It's still quite slow but it's menacing too and it works. That ending with the kid!!

He is one creppy b@st@rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Yup that was as creepy as I figured it would be. The shot of him on the bed with the bound barbie doll really gave me shivers! The scene with the little was cute and weird all at the same time!

I really don't like Gillian Anderson's character in this though. I think it's the fact that she's trying so hard to act like a man, well a guy whose a jerk more like. I just find her annoying! But Jamie Doran he's so hot and that accent! :D Who was the woman at the end was she the one who had gone to the police in S1 to tell them about the guy (Jamie Doran) who strangled her?

God was I delighted to see them use CCTV but not do that stupid decking you see on other crime shows where they can miraculously zoom in and get practically a HD picture of the suspect or a licence plate. Hate that.

Between the Love/Hate finale and this, I was properly traumatized tonight!!

^ I think it's the way Anderson delivers her lines that bugs me. I don't mind what she's saying or doing but she's so.......slow......about......everything.

The woman he had at the end was the one who he attacked years ago and she went to the police about it last year. She had backed out of going for a formal interview earlier in the episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Gillian Anderson looks bewildered. It's as if she still thinks she's doing The X Files.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Love it. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Great show but Gillian Anderson talks far too slow!

She speaks even more slowly in Hannibal. You could almost go and make a cup of tea in between her sentences. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Baby4 wrote: »

The victims all live in the same general area and about 90% of houses in Belfast are those Victorian terrace houses. I don't think the house type has anything to do with it, I think it's just unlikely he'd find any other type of house around that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Love the show, but does anyone else think its stupid that the babysitter hit the nail on head about him and she hasnt called the police!

Baby4 wrote: »

Well, it may just be the fact that the majority of houses have the same layout that he knows exactly how to get in and where he's going once he's in. Given he works in a specific area maybe he's from there originally and grew up in a similar style house. Who knows?

I do wonder if they'll go into the why of it all or will it just be about catching him.

mad m wrote: »
    Love the show, but does anyone else think its stupid that the babysitter hit the nail on head about him and she hasnt called the police!

The fact that she kissed him right after he basically threatened to kill her says it all. She must think she can save him from his dark ways or just fancies him rotten. I saw a lot of "I'd let Jamie Dornan murder me" type tweets last night so people's brains work in mysterious ways :D

The fact that she kissed him right after he basically threatened to kill her says it all. She must think she can save him from his dark ways or just fancies him rotten. I saw a lot of "I'd let Jamie Dornan murder me" type tweets last night so people's brains work in mysterious ways :D

We saw that with the girl on the train as well.. He's good looking so he can't be a killer even when he draws the beard on the picture to make it look more like him.

We saw that with the girl on the train as well.. He's good looking so he can't be a killer even when he draws the beard on the picture to make it look more like him.

She was a dose. She's smart enough to dye her hair blonde so she doesn't fit the victim profile but she then hands over her full name and home address to a random guy on the train. Idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I'm confused and I can't remember the last season.
    Couldn't remember who was who. Is the one in hospital the one from the house being renovated in the dodgy area?
    So someone help me. Why are they questionin rose. If an ex attacked her, why didn't she give the police his name.
    Sorry if it's stupid but I totally can't remember a lot from last season

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I'm confused and I can't remember the last season.
    Couldn't remember who was who. Is the one in hospital the one from the house being renovated in the dodgy area?
    So someone help me. Why are they questionin rose. If an ex attacked her, why didn't she give the police his name.
    Sorry if it's stupid but I totally can't remember a lot from last season

The one in the hospital is the one he attacked last in the last series. He was interrupted by her brother, or boyfriend, I can't remember, who he killed instead and left the girl for dead before running.
    Rose did give his name but he had given Rose a fake name, Peter, when they had met before. They didn't really know each other that well back then, I think they were just hooking up so she never realised he was lying about his name. So that's the name she gave to the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

The one in the hospital is the one he attacked last in the last series. He was interrupted by her brother, or boyfriend, I can't remember, who he killed instead and left the girl for dead before running.
    Rose did give his name but he had given Rose a fake name, Peter, when they had met before. They didn't really know each other that well back then, I think they were just hooking up so she never realised he was lying about his name. So that's the name she gave to the police.

Thank you :)
    Also is it really like that in Belfast where people can't park on the street and visit people

^ I think it's the way Anderson delivers her lines that bugs me. I don't mind what she's saying or doing but she's so.......slow......about......everything.

The woman he had at the end was the one who he attacked years ago and she went to the police about it last year. She had backed out of going for a formal interview earlier in the episode.

Yeah, actually your right now that I think about it, that's definitely contributing to my dislike for her though I dislike how her character behaves as well. Oh cool thanks for that! Pretty sure he's going to kill her there's no way he can leave the house with her alive, unless he threatens to harm her family or something.

• Advertisement

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Thank you :)
    Also is it really like that in Belfast where people can't park on the street and visit people

Yeah were those guys who tried to intimidate Stella affiliated with the UVF or IRA. Because I thought that they had approached Paul in the last season about him being in their neighbourhood when he was stalking some girl and that that was a loyalist neighbourhood? But I'm pretty sure that one of them made a joke about some loyalist or English politician when they were speaking to Stella suggesting they were Republicans?

Advertisement