Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

I'm not sure it would have corrupted it as it's scientific fact and it's all recorded as it's done. Although the public don't tend to care about things like facts and it could have ended up in the papers like before which wouldn't have been good for business.

Spectors legal team could have the case thrown out due to the nature of the relationship between gibson and the indian professor also the fact that the indian professor is having an affair with the husband of the missing woman rose, the legal team would argue that this casts a shadow over the validity of any evidence put forward by the indian professor

its possible that the lawyer who seen gibson and the indian professor lezzing off could end up being spectors lawyer and would cast doubt over the credibility of evidence given by the indian professor

slightly off topic but who is the actor who plays the indian professor? not a bad looking woman at all

Greyjoy wrote: »
    The evidence itself could still have been presented in court but it would hand Spector's defense an easy way of dismissing any of Reed's evidence. All they would have to do is plant a seed of doubt in the jury's mind about whether the pathologist could be trusted given that she has a romantic link to Gibson.

exactly, great point

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

The Pathologist is English. Her name is Dr. Reed Smith. Stop calling her the Indian Professor.

The Pathologist is English. Her name is Dr. Reed Smith. Stop calling her the Indian Professor.

well i didnt know her name and i'm pretty sure she is indian, she is very nice looking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

jezzer wrote: »
    well i didnt know her name and i'm pretty sure she is indian, she is very nice looking ;)

She was excellent too In The good wife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    As soon as I saw him phoning Gibson from the old shed location I assumed he had the cop on to know not to go back there and was a bit WTF when he nearly drove right into half the PSNI there. Even if he hadn't returned there, he should have known he was leading them straight to a place where they'd have loads of extra evidence to nail him?
    Maybe Rose is still somewhere nearby?
    cloudatlas wrote: »
    That episode was all over the shop.

What did she say before she left Stella at the lift. 'I'm sorry I was brought up in Croydon', what's that got to do with anything. That whole episode didn't feel like it fit right, the other woman coming to the bar to apologise. Then Jim who has been a desperate mess from word go, how he got to where he is I don't know. And Katie taking selfies.
    I think it was just an attempt at humour. Almost, like saying "I'm not hip enough for this, I'm from Croydon". I wasn't very surprised at that arc, I think there's been a chemistry between Gibson and her since they met.
    jezzer wrote: »
    No, i think their portrayal of women is inaccurate, i think most women do not act like gibson or the indian professor, and yes there may be women who post stuff online but there are also women who dont do that and are also the victims of abuse and attack.

The show completely states that gibson slept her way to the top, she was with cantona and there is constant reference to her sexuality, again un needed.

I agree with you about the fair city bird on the train, what a fool, but i actually think well done to the show for highlighting that issue, its just not safe for women to be chatting to complete strangers, you just never know who you are talking to and never ever give out any personal detail.
    You sure have a way with words. "Lezzer", "Lezzing it up", "lesbian tendencies". Jesus.

As for your other points, I don't think this is supposed to be a morality tale for people who might do "weird sex stuff" online or talk to strangers. You're online right now talking to strangers. I think it's a show about a killer and the investigating officer, who is written as a real person with flaws, who enjoys meaningless sex every now and again. Sometimes with women. How shocking and unladylike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Is Rose definitely dead. Can't remember did we just see her being abducted?

Also is this the final season and is there 6 eps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

Greyjoy wrote: »
    The evidence itself could still have been presented in court but it would hand Spector's defense an easy way of dismissing any of Reed's evidence. All they would have to do is plant a seed of doubt in the jury's mind about whether the pathologist could be trusted given that she has a romantic link to Gibson.

Good point. I'm glad you made it without mentioning "lezzing up".

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

*Apologies if this has been said before I haven't read through the thread because im avoiding spoilers*

What is the Irish Daily Mails problem with this show? In the past week or so ive seen 3-4 columns absolutely slating it, one of them was a two page spread!! Ridiculous!

den87 wrote: »
    *Apologies if this has been said before I haven't read through the thread because im avoiding spoilers*

What is the Irish Daily Mails problem with this show? In the past week or so ive seen 3-4 columns absolutely slating it, one of them was a two page spread!! Ridiculous!

If the Irish Daily Mail is anything like the British one their problem is they're a pile of ****ebags with nothing better to do.

I haven't seen the articles you're referring to but there's been one or two in the Guardian too complaining about the show being sexist or misogynist. To me it screams of the bad kind of feminism. The kind where loud mouthed opinionated women shout about women's rights but what they're really doing is slating men. The same happens with TV/Film reviews. They don't seem to actually want realistic portrayals of women, they just want the women to be in charge, they basically want them to take the roles the men have been playing for years, the one's they complained were sexist or misogynist.

That may have nothing to do with what they were talking about in the Mail though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

If the Irish Daily Mail is anything like the British one their problem is they're a pile of ****ebags with nothing better to do.

I haven't seen the articles you're referring to but there's been one or two in the Guardian too complaining about the show being sexist or misogynist. To me it screams of the bad kind of feminism. The kind where loud mouthed opinionated women shout about women's rights but what they're really doing is slating men. The same happens with TV/Film reviews. They don't seem to actually want realistic portrayals of women, they just want the women to be in charge, they basically want them to take the roles the men have been playing for years, the one's they complained were sexist or misogynist.

That may have nothing to do with what they were talking about in the Mail though.

This is nothing new. A lot of thrillers and tv crime shows begin with a crime scene that usually features a gratuitous shot of a partially or unclothed female lying somewhere usually in a forest or something. The fall has been quite gratuitous in it's depiction of the victims. Sexual motivated crime seems to be the most popular crime in a lot of books, movies. The depiction more than the actual fact that a woman is the victim is the problem. Perhaps it is realistic but it still causes questions to be asked. P.s. I hate the daily mail but just saying.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I don't give British based television criticism a lot of weight, tbh. It's not as well-informed as its US counterpart. Often, the default setting of British critics is that watching TV is beneath them and they'd rather be off doing something else. This is not unique to the Mail or Guardian.

I don't give British based television criticism a lot of weight, tbh. It's not as well-informed as its US counterpart. Often, the default setting of British critics is that watching TV is beneath them and they'd rather be off doing something else. This is not unique to the Mail or Guardian.

I thought the Americans were always quite shocked / intrigued by sex in most contexts but violence of any kind is a-okay and goes virtually unnoticed :confused:

Earlier this year people complained about Happy Valley on BBC. There was some violence against women there but it was mainly implied, the rape way anyway, we never saw anything happen but people still felt the need to complain about violence against women being portrayed at all.
    Cloudatlas makes the point that it's the depiction rather than what's actually happening is the problem, and this may be true in the case of The Fal,l but Happy Valley could not have been less graphic and it could not have been more clear that it was a disgusting and vile act and yet people complained.

Sometimes people just love to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

How are they going to explain that mess :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Could they not just have nabbed him in the hospital, or are they looking to gather more evidence before they go for him. Sure he knows they're after him now, why not just flee, it's not like he can stick around even if that does incriminate him? Also, the woman police officer talking about damsel in distress, that she could look after herself! As if she could reasonable hold him off! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Ds Tom Anderson is a great addition to the show.!

Lollollol oh that poor man falling through ceiling , wtf , there's no way they can hide the surveillance now!

The wee kids on this show are better detectives than Gibson and Co.

'Peter Piper was here'

"Daddy where have you been? But we've got paracetamol in the cabinet upstairs".

"There's a dead lady above my bed".

Gets those kids a badge/lanyard, gun and a cup of coffee. :D

The scenes between Paul and the babysitter makes me so uncomfortable!:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Jaysus they should just pull in Spector already the clowns. Beat Rose's location out of him or something.
    Wouldn't some spyware on his laptop be the very first target of the surveillance crew?
    When Gibson asked for that Tom lad to be moved onto the team I was, again, WTF!?!? And why are all the senior officers younger than all the lads working under them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Really enjoyed the first season, but this is going down hill quite badly for me.

The scenes between Paul and the babysitter makes me so uncomfortable!:o
    Join the dark side Luke!
    I know he's supposed to be charismatic, but jaysus that was some convincing he did with Katie... I don't want to do that... dark side stuff... OK what do you want me to do...

Jaysus they should just pull in Spector already the clowns. Beat Rose's location out of him or something.
    Wouldn't some spyware on his laptop be the very first target of the surveillance crew?
    When Gibson asked for that Tom lad to be moved onto the team I was, again, WTF!?!? And why are all the senior officers younger than all the lads working under them...
    She probably fancies him!;)

Wondering where he was in the last scene - thought he might be in the blonde girl's house. Will have to wait till next week to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,185 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Is next week the finale or is there more to come?

She probably fancies him!;)
    That was my and the other cop's first thought. Wouldn't you just tell her to cop on? How could she possibly know whether that young cop is a "good addition to the team"?
    And why is she even hanging around the pathology lab anyway, poking at bodies that are nothing to do with the murders? Bonkers.

Marje wrote: »
    Wondering where he was in the last scene - thought he might be in the blonde girl's house. Will have to wait till next week to find out.
    Didn't Katie say he was in his study? What happened to the surveillance equipment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,696 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

After an incredible first season this season is very disappointing. Last two episodes have been poor.

The plot with the young girl is ridiculous.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Is next week the finale or is there more to come?
    2 more episodes
    Didn't Katie say he was in his study? What happened to the surveillance equipment?
    Wasn't sure as there was no electricity at his home and I thought he was somewhere else. He probably told her and I didn't hear (nothing new about me not hearing right...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

It is extremely contrived with all the plot twists.

Advertisement