Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Pile of shyte.

The only words to describe it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

They maybe took the surveillance stuff out once they wrecked the place as the family won't be living in it for a while anyway. Not sure they expected Paul to stay once they flooded it. Could be wrong though.

It's interesting all the evidence they have so far could still be twisted either way. The girl in the hospital thinking she remembers him could be explained away as her brain mixing things up, she saw him in the hospital, the police planted the idea that he was the killer, she conjures up a memory. Katie's evidence, on the off chance she stopped being a weirdo and tried to tell the truth could be written off as a jealous teenager lashing out. None of the CCTV is that clear. The only real evidence connecting him to anything is the drawing they found in the drawer but even then it only connects him to the letter that was sent to the victims father, often weirdos write letters claiming to be serial killers.

Although I'm still intrigued and want to find out what happens in the end I do think they've lost their focus a little bit this series. Is there really any relevance to the couple Paul counselled before? That scene where the female officer messed up by pretty much revealing they'd seen the wife and then getting on her high horse when her partner had to calm it down was ridiculous too. I'd have let her get slapped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,696 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Pile of shyte.

The only words to describe it.

It's a pity as it had potential. Should have kept him as the mystery serial killer for longer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I really think the end of this episode should have been him being nabbed in the hospital. Last 2 episodes then trying to find Rose while they interrogate him. I found myself reading boards while watching the last 2 episodes as it's not drawing me like first series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Junk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The minute Scully saw that new cop in the woods, you knew exactly what she was thinking. No need for thought bubbles in this show :rolleyes:

Her trying to make it seem like he was a smart cop and they could use him on their team was a terrible lie too.

1 - They've already got their guy, technically, so there's not much more detectiving to be done.

2 - He finds a dead body with what is quite clearly a noose around her neck and his first thought is she's been strangled by a serial killer. Even if the killer is on everyone's minds you'd automatically look up when you see a noose, wouldn't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The undercover guy working with the surveillance at Spector's place, he definitely doesn't hide his Dublin accent, what is the actors name, did he play a defence lawyer in Love Hate.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Dub.

Is this a comedy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

question: katies friend ..... the blonde who spector now seems to fancy .....was she Fiona's youngest sister in Raw? and the female cop who stopped spector from visiting the girl in hospital ... did she play Fiona's other sister in raw too.... Kate ? Though she was Blonde in that.

• Advertisement

question: katies friend ..... the blonde who spector now seems to fancy .....was she Fiona's youngest sister in Raw? and the female cop who stopped spector from visiting the girl in hospital ... did she play Fiona's other sister in raw too.... Kate ? Though she was Blonde in that.

Yes and Yes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

When is this over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

eternal wrote: »
    When is this over

When the fat lady is killed by Spector.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Ah now, i thought last weeks episode was bad but this one was just the nail on the head, firstly jamie dornans terrible acting was exposed when he was on skype to katie, he is just so wooden, aside from that the whole episode was just awful, i know cops can be pretty useless at times but this takes the complete p*ss, the so called technical team go in and end up destroying the ceiling, as if that wasnt bad enough they leave foot prints everywhere and why are the writers insistent on portraying gibson as sex mad, its not dallas we are watching.. she meets a cop she fancies at a crime scene so she wants him transferred to her unit so she can get up on him, the stupidity of that is beyond me, also showing her lying about in the pathologists office, what was that all about???
    Then cantona saying how much of a screw up the tech op was....he can talk and the situation he is in with the munroes...
    We find out spector is a freelance bereavement councillor who walked out when reprimanded and hasnt been seen at work since....are we really led to believe that he can then just walk into the hospital and act as a bereavement councillor to a recently attacked woman???
    Gibson also messed up with the hairdresser, she should have hid her and warned her not to mention to spector that she had been in....anyway aside from that, the survivor now remembers it was him, why didnt they just nab him then as they now have enough evidence to convict, the victim remembers it was him and the prints on the murder weapon....also there are too many irrelevent sub plots, the suicide victim and the loyalist wife beater, storylines going nowhere, the show is just farcical now, the sooner it ends the better, i just want to find out what happens to him because i watched it last year but i have 2 more episodes to endure

They maybe took the surveillance stuff out once they wrecked the place as the family won't be living in it for a while anyway. Not sure they expected Paul to stay once they flooded it. Could be wrong though.

It's interesting all the evidence they have so far could still be twisted either way. The girl in the hospital thinking she remembers him could be explained away as her brain mixing things up, she saw him in the hospital, the police planted the idea that he was the killer, she conjures up a memory. Katie's evidence, on the off chance she stopped being a weirdo and tried to tell the truth could be written off as a jealous teenager lashing out. None of the CCTV is that clear. The only real evidence connecting him to anything is the drawing they found in the drawer but even then it only connects him to the letter that was sent to the victims father, often weirdos write letters claiming to be serial killers.

Although I'm still intrigued and want to find out what happens in the end I do think they've lost their focus a little bit this series. Is there really any relevance to the couple Paul counselled before? That scene where the female officer messed up by pretty much revealing they'd seen the wife and then getting on her high horse when her partner had to calm it down was ridiculous too. I'd have let her get slapped.

yes then she gave out to her partner for stepping in after she made a b*llox of it with the loyalist, the show is hell bent on portraying women in a bad light

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    That was my and the other cop's first thought. Wouldn't you just tell her to cop on? How could she possibly know whether that young cop is a "good addition to the team"?
    And why is she even hanging around the pathology lab anyway, poking at bodies that are nothing to do with the murders? Bonkers.

because the writers seem to be of the opinion that scully has to be some sort of sex mad detective who solves crimes (very poorly) by day and hops up on literally anybody at night...

she wants to get up on the young cop and she was hanging around the morgue hoping she could get a go on the pathologist, surely there is protocol whereby a cop or basically anybody can go poking around in a morgue...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

jezzer wrote: »
    also there are too many irrelevent sub plots, the suicide victim and the loyalist wife beater, storylines going nowhere, the show is just farcical now, the sooner it ends the better, i just want to find out what happens to him because i watched it last year but i have 2 more episodes to endure
    Maybe we're going to get another 10 series of it, they could call it "The Falls Road" and make it into a sort of "Anti-coronation street"? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

because the writers seem to be of the opinion that scully has to be some sort of sex mad detective who solves crimes (very poorly) by day and hops up on literally anybody at night...
    That Tom Anderson, have you ever in your life seen a cop with a haircut like that?!?! You couldn't get a policeman's hat onto that curly mop!
    When Cantona was insisting Spector's kids' safety was paramount... why aren't they in custody then? There's three potential murders or at least hostages right there in his family and only one kidnapped woman. It's insane that the haven't just snapped the cuffs on at this stage.
    Any else wondering how they'll make a bollix of it and let Spector escape next week? It's inevitable, isn't it?

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    That Tom Anderson, have you ever in your life seen a cop with a haircut like that?!?! You couldn't get a policeman's hat onto that curly mop!
    When Cantona was insisting Spector's kids' safety was paramount... why aren't they in custody then? There's three potential murders or at least hostages right there in his family and only one kidnapped woman. It's insane that the haven't just snapped the cuffs on at this stage.
    Any else wondering how they'll make a bollix of it and let Spector escape next week? It's inevitable, isn't it?

I was only waiting for them to loose him on the way to lisburn, no doubt next week they will suffer a flat tyre and have no spare and spector will get away, cantona likes to be seen to say the right thing but really doesnt give a flying fc*k, as you say why arent they put in protective custody, they know its spector, also the missing woman rose, the longer they leave it to find her the less chance she is alive, surely they have to bring spector in and beat it out of him...for those saying they have not enough evidence, they have the surviving victims recollection of him being the murderer, they will have cctv of him in the bar and possibly other witnesses, they have the murder weapon with the finger prints and if all comes to all and katie gives him an alibi they can do him for carnal knowledge of a minor and an inappropriate relationship with a minor etc...a good cop would get a confession out of him anyway but of course as we can see there isnt a good cop between them...as for detective tom anderson and his hair he is about as believable as a cop now as a pathologist who arrives at a murder scene on a motorbike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Have they not got enough evidence to arrest him though now that the witness that just remembered it was him. I think rose is alive, knowing she has kids? I don't like the way he is messing with katie's head, she be bright enough to have him lead to the police but she too besotted with him to realise or does she really understand what he is capable of?

• Advertisement

doovdela wrote: »
    Have they not got enough evidence to arrest him though now that the witness that just remembered it was him. I think rose is alive, knowing she has kids? I don't like the way he is messing with katie's head, she be bright enough to have him lead to the police but she too besotted with him to realise or does she really understand what he is capable of?

They didn't arrest him because they wanted to see if he would lead them to Rose.
    A lot of the evidence is still shaky enough, not sure a lot of it would stand up in court. Nabbing him with Rose would at least prove kidnapping and false imprisonment.

Ah ok. That's why they are delaying in arresting him but he is aware that the police are onto him? Creepy that he went to Stella's room...

Ah ok. That's why they are delaying in arresting him but he is aware that the police are onto him? Creepy that he went to Stella's room...

He suspects they're onto him because he saw the hairdresser leaving the hospital after the police officer told him they'd cancelled her. I'd say the massive hole in his roof has raised his suspicions too.

He suspects they're onto him because he saw the hairdresser leaving the hospital after the police officer told him they'd cancelled her. I'd say the massive hole in his roof has raised his suspicions too.

Oh he knows the cops are onto him because they were stupid enough to let the hairdresser wander around the hospital and the bad cops left footprints all over the place after making sh*te of the ceiling in his house, i wonder what fc*k ups the bad cops will get up to next week?

scully will no doubt bed the new cop anderson and cantona will get pissed off with that and have it in for the new lad all the while katie destroys her friends life because spector told her too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Maybe Katie is the Rat, oh wait thats another programme that use to be on Sunday evening :D

She is the most likely person other than his wife/his daughter to rat him out! Someone is bount to find his creepy diary!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭ivytwine

she wants to get up on the young cop and she was hanging around the morgue hoping she could get a go on the pathologist, surely there is protocol whereby a cop or basically anybody can go poking around in a morgue...

You make her sound like Ruby Walsh :P
    bazermc wrote: »
    Maybe Katie is the Rat, oh wait thats another programme that use to be on Sunday evening :D

Lololololol :D
    She is the most likely person other than his wife/his daughter to rat him out! Someone is bount to find his creepy diary!

Yeah I could really see that. She's obviously mad about him but there was unease especially when he started going on about her friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Might be wrong but according to DigiGuide the final episode (no. 6) is on Wednesday 17th December at 9.30.

Anyone tuning in on Sunday 14th will be watching Mrs. Brown's Boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Nearly wet myself when the cop crashed through the ceiling on to the bed,absolutely hilarious (not for the cops though)
    Another thing,could the guy that was killed by Spector be called anything other than Joe Brawley...every time I hear it in that accent I think the nation's favourite GAA analyst has met a gruesome end..

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    Might be wrong but according to DigiGuide the final episode (no. 6) is on Wednesday 17th December at 9.30.

Anyone tuning in on Sunday 14th will be watching Mrs. Brown's Boys.

It's not on Wednesdays on either BBC or RTÉ unless that's a repeat of the episode from the week before?

Advertisement