Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,444 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Personally I thought it was clear that it was a Mannequin in the boot of the car, at first glance I thought I saw a human hand, only to then see a mannequin head cracked open, I took this as being the ones Spector had smashed up earlier in his hideaway... though who knows with this at this stage.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

not really liking the second series of this show - a bit disjointed and it's trying to be a bit too psychological and artsy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I'd imagine the whole thing with letting her hair down etc before charging him was that she fits the profile of his victims. Just trying to wind him up being charged by the very person who he would have gone after.
    How unprofessional is that!?!? What's the point of it? Doesn't she need to be in uniform to charge him anyway? :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭paulbok

DvB wrote: »
    Personally I thought it was clear that it was a Mannequin in the boot of the car, at first glance I thought I saw a human hand, only to then see a mannequin head cracked open, I took this as being the ones Spector had smashed up earlier in his hideaway... though who knows with this at this stage.

How did the cops find the burned out car?
    Nevermind, the answer was in the question.:rolleyes:

It did look like a skull in it but I doubt a car fire would reduce a corpse to that state.
    Also
    the preview to the finale points to Rose still being alive.
    I do think Spector has something up his sleeve. He's been expecting to be caught but perhaps is trying to discredit the evidence. What was the point of his cameo at the end of the phone video, and why still have it when he's destroying everything else?

Did Katie get to flush that memory stick? Though she was going to swallow it for a minute. (that would end up in what's called a data dump!:D).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No I think the memory stick was still left in the toilet!

I did look a bit weird there in the boot but I don't think its what they are looking for. I say she is alive but he just has her where no one find her probably his own secret hide out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

paulbok wrote: »
    I do think Spector has something up his sleeve. He's been expecting to be caught but perhaps is trying to discredit the evidence. What was the point of his cameo at the end of the phone video, and why still have it when he's destroying everything else?
    I don't know can I give this show enough credit that this will be some genius move by Spector or just some more random shyte...
    I had assumed he'd dumped his "real" phone yonks ago and was using disposable or the victims' phones?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

well they now have the video, his dna on the joe brawlly murder weapon, joe brawllys dna on it also, they have joe brawllys sisters testimony, they have the rose video, also whatever katie now says can be discredited....surely enough at this stage?

They have his fingerprints and victim blood on the scissors already, and yer wan who woke up from the coma seems to be able to ID him now too.
    I don't get any angle at this stage that saves his ass from the key being thrown away.

• Advertisement

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    They have his fingerprints and victim blood on the scissors already, and yer wan who woke up from the coma seems to be able to ID him now too.
    I don't get any angle at this stage that saves his ass from the key being thrown away.

Yes definitely, there is no way he can get out of this, i have a feeling it will end in him killing himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

A suitable end to the series in that case.

A suitable end to the series in that case.

Exactly...

In the scene at the end when sally annes mother put down the phone and the young one asked was that daddy, i thought the mother was going to say "no, daddy is actually in prison for murdering a load of women and stabbing a man to death and having an inappropriate relationship with a minor, so i dont think you will be seeing daddy any time soon..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Although the video is pretty damning along with the DNA evidence, it probably can only really have full weight if Rose is recovered alive or dead. Alone these are all circumstantial evidence if they cannot prove his whereabouts when the crimes took place. The prosecution and police would want to definitely get a conviction and not gamble on it at all so they would need more.

Paul has been smart enough with (my total laymans knowledge of) trace evidence so far.

Did the teenage girl manage to stash the SD card? I was wondering it might be one of those micro SD cards in a large SD card adapter and if she took it out they are easy to conceal on your person as they are smaller than a stamp, even when going into custody.

The teenage girl may be key to all this as she created a diary of alibis for Paul and destroyed/possibly concealed vital evidence.

I think Paul has a plan to wind up Gibson and get vital evidence made inadmissible or taint the entire investigation somehow. When he made a break for it, he must have factored in that he could have been lifted very soon afterwards and planned accordingly. I wonder what he was going to do if he got away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Why is this called "The Fall"?

bazermc wrote: »

Because it started well and then went to sh*te just like a fall...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I was wondering that at the start of series 1 but now with series 2 almost ending I can now see why because he faltered towards the end everything has caught up with him now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Was there a body in the boot at the end :confused:

I was half asleep from the heat of the fire last night :o

I thought it was cause the two lads fell through the ceiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The Loyalist bit seems a bit of a distraction to the story, but then Spector brought that onto himself for stalking the Shankhill area for a victim.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

calex71 wrote: »

It was the mannequin from the little derelict house he hides out in

calex71 wrote: »

Are you using briquettes or turf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,984 ✭✭✭paulbok

jezzer wrote: »
    Are you using briquettes or turf?

or mannequins? :eek:

anyone know what katie was putting the lock on the bridge for?

Best of luck to her

jezzer wrote: »
    anyone know what katie was putting the lock on the bridge for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_lock

So how long is next Wednesday's episode, is it double bill?

Also will that be it for the Fall, no more?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

S02e04

Who is in the picture that says "P.B. aged 10"?

Advertisement