Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

S02e04

Who is in the picture that says "P.B. aged 10"?

Spector

• Site Banned Posts: 433 ✭✭Donegal Dan

bazermc wrote: »
    Spector

Looks nothing like him and his initials arent PB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

He went under another name whilst in the home.
    Yep Peter Baldwin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

So how long is next Wednesday's episode, is it double bill?

One hour and 50 minutes

or One hour and 30 minutes on BBC2 on Thursday.
    Also will that be it for the Fall, no more?
    Gillian Anderson is hopeful there could be a third series of The Fall.

Appearing on This Morning, the Stella Gibson actress revealed ideas for another season have been planned - and that the murder serial drama was originally envisaged to contain 12 episodes.

"Originally when Allan [Cubitt, writer] wrote - or thought of - the series, he imagined it was going to be a twelve-parter," said former X Files star Gillian, 46.

"So when we ended in an atrocious cliffhanger after the first season, that was always going to be the middle bit.

"But I think that there's enough... we've got ideas for the third season. And I think there's enough momentum that perhaps the BBC will allow us to go on further."
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/fall-series-3-gillian-anderson-4620446

• Advertisement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    I don't even get what the point was. Or tarting up the cop who formally charged him.

Ah come on if you didn't get that then you haven't really been paying attention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

brian_t wrote: »
    One hour and 50 minutes

or One hour and 30 minutes on BBC2 on Thursday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/fall-series-3-gillian-anderson-4620446

B*llox anyway, no way, not another series, how can they do this to us???? season 2 was the biggest pile of horse manure ever imagine how bad season 3 would be??? well i wont be watching anyway, i only watched this years crap to see what happend to spector but after the finale i dont give a sh*te anymore

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Ah come on if you didn't get that then you haven't really been paying attention.
    Anyone else notice when the tarted up cop was walking out of Spector's cell the camera panned downwards lingeringly... nope, haven't been paying attention at all actually... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Is it too optimistic/naive to expect a great season finale??

• Advertisement

No harm being optimistic but I wouldnt get my hopes up, judging on the whole series 2, i expect a massive let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

jezzer wrote: »
    No harm being optimistic but I wouldnt get my hopes up, judging on the whole series 2, i expect a massive let down.

Just wondering if he has something up his sleeve? He seems to be just mildly annoyed by the arrest, but not concerned in any way. I am hoping for a massive twist in it...
    I do agree with the other posters...if there is a third season I more than likely won't be watching it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

That priest situation and the Deputy Chief Constable (or what ever his rank is) that Spector overheard will have some play in the final episode I'd bet. He is going to want to reduce the polices attack surface big time with some clever mind games.

That priest situation and the Deputy Chief Constable (or what ever his rank is) that Spector overheard will have some play in the final episode I'd bet. He is going to want to reduce the polices attack surface big time with some clever mind games.

Yes, spector overheard cantona onto scully about him giving munroe the tip off, could be trouble there for cantona

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

jezzer wrote: »
    Yes, spector overheard cantona onto scully about him giving munroe the tip off, could be trouble there for cantona
    Sure, but I don't see what the angle is for Spector saving himself? No matter what Cantona does Gibson will still nail Spector. (now now, not like that)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Momentum episode. A good balance between pushing things forward as well as some quiet moments. Paul was never going to be arrested by a SWAT team and the Rose Stagg tape was genuinely disturbing.

That priest was rather self-regarding, eh? Redemption for El Beardo. Katie continues down the rabbit hole and all laptops end up in botanic gardens, no doubt.

One does not simply vinyl into Mordor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Well that was tense!

My guess on using Anderson is that he's the guy who'd been recently in front of the cameras regarding the woman they found in the woods in the last episode. Spector would have seen him, and she might be trying to use that in some fashion. He seems really calm too which will be useful in dealing with Spector. I get the feeling Gibson knows she might not be able to keep it together in front of Spector if they spend any length of time in the same room.

Letting Spector walk away from the scene of the run-in with the lads was a nice touch IMO. Let him think he was in the clear before nabbing him down the road. It's all about unsettling him, keeping things unpredictable. He wants to be in control and Stella's not letting him.
    The radio controller repeating everything is doing my head in, repeat, the radio controlker repeating everything is doing my head in, over

Standard protocol on a big radio network. Control is in charge and everything goes back through them. The hand-helds individual officers are using also have limited range, while control has a much stronger transmitter. Control repeating everything keeps the whole network informed of what's going on.
    Amazingfun wrote: »
    Yeah. I have to finally admit defeat with it. This episode was filled with stuff that makes no sense at all really. He goes to all the trouble of smashing the computer/burning his precious journal/cleaning up his act....yet keeps a video of Rose on his PHONE? Really?? Come on.

He looked like he was making a run for it. Destroying the laptop and diary meant no evidence left behind. What was on the phone was for him to have. That's my take anyway.

Well, she's reducing the amount of time he can be held for. It's a trade-off against the potential gain from interacting with him again. I also wonder would the second arrest not extend the time they can hold him for anyway?
    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    They have his fingerprints and victim blood on the scissors already, and yer wan who woke up from the coma seems to be able to ID him now too.
    I don't get any angle at this stage that saves his ass from the key being thrown away.

I don't think the woman who came out of the coma could be reliable. Human memory is fallible at the best of times, and after the trauma she's been through she could be easily discredited.

That was a hell of a performance too by Valene Kane as Rose Stagg.

A thought that occurred to me later about the end of that video: Paul's outburst to the camera. It sounded like he had planned or expected Stella to get hold of it, and wanted to mess with her head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Chimaera wrote: »
    That was a hell of a performance too by Valene Kane as Rose Stagg.

A thought that occurred to me later about the end of that video: Paul's outburst to the camera. It sounded like he had planned or expected Stella to get hold of it, and wanted to mess with her head.

I noticed too that he manipulated that video to repeat certain phrases uttered by Rose to emphasise that he was messing with Stella's head.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Any where I can watch season 1 online legally. Doesn't seem to be on Netflix, bbc player or rte player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yes its seems so , did i just see the ad on rté say that the finale is on wednesday night, and moved from the sunday 9:30 slot ????

I wonder if the change in RTÉ's schedule is to reduce the gap between their showing and BBC's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Chimaera wrote: »
    I wonder if the change in RTÉ's schedule is to reduce the gap between their showing and BBC's?

I assume BBC is on at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭Poochie05

No, BBC is on Thursday, so I reckon it could be to reduce the time for spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Yes, it was part of the season 2 contract between RTE and BBC that the air dates between the finale would be reduced to avoid loss of viewers and lessen spoilers over social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

It's probably a good move too with the X Factor final running from 8-10 tonight. They might have lost some viewers if The Fall had started at 9.30.

Can't wait for Wednesday's finale judging by the promo RTE are running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

WTF! All set up here for the finale and it's on Wednesday!! Feck sake.

This programme is getting worse. Even Mrs Brown has a role in it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

The moment where you've been looking forward to more Gillian Anderson slinky tops and find out Mrs. Brown is on instead....

(sigh)

Advertisement