Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Mezcita wrote: »
    The moment where you've been looking forward to more Gillian Anderson slinky tops and find out Mrs. Brown is on instead....

(sigh)

Just as plausible, though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

the storyline in mrs brown is probably better......that betty is a bit of a looker though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Hey folks.

Does anyone know if the Season one DVD, is a multi region disc that will play in all DVD players, regardless of the region/country. It doesn't have a region listing on the back of the box. The lady in Golden Discs said that if it doesn't say that, it means that it is automatically multi region and not just UK/Ireland specific.

I dunno about that, as the Love/Hate DVD is multi region, but it says so specifically on the back of the box. They are made by different production companies, so I wouldn't expect the blurb to be identical, but I would expect the The Fall one to say at least something about region format.

I am heading to the States this week and I know that my sister would love a DVD of the show, but I am reluctant to spend the money on it, if it won't play in US DVD players.

Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Hey folks.

Does anyone know if the Season one DVD, is a multi region disc that will play in all DVD players, regardless of the region/country. It doesn't have a region listing on the back of the box. The lady in Golden Discs said that if it doesn't say that, it means that it is automatically multi region and not just UK/Ireland specific.

I dunno about that, as the Love/Hate DVD is multi region, but it says so specifically on the back of the box. They are made by different production companies, so I wouldn't expect the blurb to be identical, but I would expect the The Fall one to say at least something about region format.

I am heading to the States this week and I know that my sister would love a DVD of the show, but I am reluctant to spend the money on it, if it won't play in US DVD players.

Ta.

Could you order the U.S. version from Amazon.com rather than co.uk and have it delivered direct to your sisters house?

Or could you get her a Netflix account, I see the Fall is available on the Netflix USA version

why would you want to watch the fall again??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

bazermc wrote: »
    Could you order the U.S. version from Amazon.com rather than co.uk and have it delivered direct to your sisters house?

Or could you get her a Netflix account, I see the Fall is available on the Netflix USA version

It wouldn't get to her in time if it was ordered on Amazon & I want to give her the actual disc as a Christmas prezzie.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

jezzer wrote: »
    why would you want to watch the fall again??
    Looping Season 2 on a 42 inch flatscreen would make a nice addition to my torture dungeon.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Don't mean to offend anyone but there have been some really dumb questions in here the past week. I get that some things are being revealed slowly but some of you are just not paying attention. You're too busy finding fault and rushing to comment as the episode airs.

This is a show that can only be judged as a whole once it's finished. It may not be to your liking then either but it is not guilty of half the things it's been accused of on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Yeah, not sure I understand the extreme dislike and ridiculing of it lately. Now it's definitely not as well written and constructed as season one but it's nowhere near as poor as some people are making out.

I actually still kind of like it. Maybe I just like looking at Gillian Anderson.......... and Jamie Dornan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 412 ✭✭better call saul

Dunno what your all whinging about, the fall is a top class show that has me gripped, the only one since breaking bad. Casting is superb and the story is well written and dramatic. I think all the whiners should go back to watching Irish paint magic or Mrs. Brown's boys. Really hope it's back for a a third season

• Advertisement

Dunno what your all whinging about, the fall is a top class show that has me gripped, the only one since breaking bad. Casting is superb and the story is well written and dramatic. I think all the whiners should go back to watching Irish paint magic or Mrs. Brown's boys. Really hope it's back for a a third season

Jamie Dornan said if there was a 3rd one it was unlikely he'd be involved. Don't know if that's because of whatever way it ends or if he's just so darn in demand now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Jamie Dornan said if there was a 3rd one it was unlikely he'd be involved. Don't know if that's because of whatever way it ends or if he's just so darn in demand now.

I think his story will be done after this season's finale whatever happens.

Not quite sure how they'd set up a third season tbh. Gibson's only on secondment from London for the Spector case so presumably she'll be heading back once it concludes. Since she's the main character of a show set in Belfast I don't see where it can go from here. Call it a day I think rather than drag the arse out of it for a third season.

I fully expect to come on here tomorrow and state how awfully crap last nights episode was, i really hope i am wrong but i just cant see it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I fully expect to come on here tomorrow and state how awfully crap last nights episode was, i really hope i am wrong but i just cant see it...

Why bother watching it if you think it's going to be crap? Sounds like you've made your mind up already.

i just want to see what happens to spector

Chimaera wrote: »
    I think his story will be done after this season's finale whatever happens.

Not quite sure how they'd set up a third season tbh. Gibson's only on secondment from London for the Spector case so presumably she'll be heading back once it concludes. Since she's the main character of a show set in Belfast I don't see where it can go from here. Call it a day I think rather than drag the arse out of it for a third season.

The guy that wrote it was on a BBC Arts Show special about the NI film industry last month and he was talking about these other projects he was working on and talking about how he'd happily come back to Belfast to film something else. He made it sound like he was pretty much done with The Fall.

Tell you what, why don't you give yourself the day off. You've posted the same thing every week this series we'll just assume you don't like it. Don't feel the need to repeat yourself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chamaid

Still not a patch on Homeland - bloody nerves are wrecked!

The guy that wrote it was on a BBC Arts Show special about the NI film industry last month and he was talking about these other projects he was working on and talking about how he'd happily come back to Belfast to film something else. He made it sound like he was pretty much done with The Fall.

Tell you what, why don't you give yourself the day off. You've posted the same thing every week this series we'll just assume you don't like it. Don't feel the need to repeat yourself again.

Good lad

chamaid wrote: »
    Still not a patch on Homeland - bloody nerves are wrecked!

I stopped watching half way through this season of Homeland. It lost the plot about half way through S2 and S3 was just a load of balls. (although people keep telling me it got really good this year right after I stopped watching)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

i just want to see what happens to spector

Sure you'll find that out easily online/on Twitter. Just don't get people who complain that every episode is sh1te but yet continue to tune in every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I stopped watching half way through this season of Homeland. It lost the plot about half way through S2 and S3 was just a load of balls. (although people keep telling me it got really good this year right after I stopped watching)

I almost stopped after 3 episodes this season but boy am I glad I didn't! It has been brilliant for the past 4 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

RTE are advertised tonights as the "Series Finale".

Doesn't that mean end of end of and no more?

While Season Finale means back next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Isn't season just yankee talk for series?

Sure you'll find that out easily online/on Twitter. Just don't get people who complain that every episode is sh1te but yet continue to tune in every week.

need to see it happen, pity i have to watch through the rest of the crap plus dc mcnally is growing on me ;)

bazermc wrote: »
    RTE are advertised tonights as the "Series Finale".

Doesn't that mean end of end of and no more?

While Season Finale means back next year?
    maximoose wrote: »
    Isn't season just yankee talk for series?

Yep, Season is American talk. They refer to each year as a season and the show as a whole is a series.

Chances are in this case it is the end of the whole thing anyway but that's to be confirmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

RTE "Homegrown Drama" . . .

Surely its a BBC production made in Northern Ireland?

Either way, its very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Cantona must easily be one the most annoying and hypocritical TV characters ever.

I hope they frame him for all the murders instead and he gets locked away to close the show. It would be poetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Cantona must easily be one the most annoying and hypocritical TV characters ever.

I hope they frame him for all the murders instead and he gets locked away to close the show. It would be poetic.

Ha ha Cantona. He looks very constipated.
    It's good, but it's very slow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,140 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Aw FFS what a feckin ending ????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

THAT. WAS. AWFUL.

Advertisement