Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Zardoz

maximoose wrote: »

Farcical decision to bring it back for another series.
    It should have been one series and left at that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Series 2 was rubbish .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I like the show, but this sounds like a mistake. They did all they could have creatively with the Dornan character, no need to run that out further. A new story would be best.

Also, if Cantona returns he better develop a sharp dose of cop on (pun not intended).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I like the show, but this sounds like a mistake. They did all they could have creatively with the Dornan character, no need to run that out further. A new story would be best.

I agree. I thought the way the last series ended was pretty good. She caught him and got him to confess, he managed to cheat her of a full victory by getting shot, I presumed dead.

Jamie Dornan has at least 2 new films on the go not to mention the probably 50 Shades sequels. Can't really see him finding the time to do another series. Can't see why Stella would still be in Belfast if the Specter case is closed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Oh I'll watch it no doubt.....but it's now a dark comedy really. A comedy that sucks for the most part :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,302 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would say it is only being renewed since Dornan's huge profile and success from 50SOG

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I would say it is only being renewed since Dornan's huge profile and success from 50SOG

Nothing to do with it's huge World wide success then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

This post has been deleted.

Maybe she knows the outline of the entire arc. They're telling us it was always planned this way story wise (subject to successful viewing figures, cast signing up for more etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Jamie Dornan has at least 2 new films on the go not to mention the probably 50 Shades sequels. Can't really see him finding the time to do another series. Can't see why Stella would still be in Belfast if the Specter case is closed though.

Hasn't he quit the 50 shades sequels?

Hasn't he quit the 50 shades sequels?

The sequels haven't been confirmed by the studio yet. There's apparently some trouble with the wagon who wrote the books wanting to write the scripts for the next two. As far as I know he's contracted to do them. Whether they happen or not is another matter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

The BBC’s Gillian Anderson drama The Fall will return for a third series, finally revealing the fate of the serial killer played by Jamie Dornan.

Good, I'm delighted. Looking forward to it. :D

I'm genuinely curious to see where this goes. The drama people at the BBC have said there's one more act to play out between Stella and Specter but after all that happened at the end of S2 what else is there? She caught him, has hard evidence and he confessed everything to her in the interview room. Assuming he lives what else is there to resolve between them? Unless S3 covers the court case and a rather slimy but clever lawyer is involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

S3: Specter survives and it's the court case and the impact on those involved. What evidence survived? Will Specter use the overheard conversation in the hotel room as leverage? Focus on the psychological side.

Just my thoughts and not sure whether I'd even bother with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Oh I'll watch it no doubt.....but it's now a dark comedy really. A comedy that sucks for the most part :P
    It's more of a farce surely... or an unintentional comedy.
    I'm only interested really to see if it's humanly possible to make the series even worse.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Memory blank. Wasn't Rose still in the boot (but ok)? There'll be fallout from that.

Memory blank. Wasn't Rose still in the boot (but ok)? There'll be fallout from that.

Yeah they got her out alive at the end. She was packed off in an ambulance just before he got shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Disappointed to hear this. The 1st series was excellent and the 2nd was a quality follow up that closed out the story to a satisfying conclusion (though it did drag a little bit in the interview scenes). The was never perfect and had it's share of plot holes but it ended while there was still a story to tell. Adding another season seems pointless at this point.

One thing that could be interesting to see is the knock-on effect with the school girl that was infatuated with Spector. Pity she looked set to be locked up, as having her out on the streets as a new wannabe serial killer could have been a decent angle.... still nothing compared to the first two seasons though.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Bacchus wrote: »
    Disappointed to hear this. The 1st series was excellent and the 2nd was a quality follow up that closed out the story to a satisfying conclusion (though it did drag a little bit in the interview scenes). The was never perfect and had it's share of plot holes but it ended while there was still a story to tell. Adding another season seems pointless at this point.

One thing that could be interesting to see is the knock-on effect with the school girl that was infatuated with Spector. Pity she looked set to be locked up, as having her out on the streets as a new wannabe serial killer could have been a decent angle.... still nothing compared to the first two seasons though.

Yeah, I agree with this. First two seasons were really good, but not sure what a 3rd season could offer. I probably won't watch it.

I was thinking the same with the school girl.

I was also wondering if they were going to go down that route with the girl, shame she's so annoying though. It could make for a good story but I really don't like the girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I noticed at the end Stella have priority to saving Spector over the other wounded cops. She could be lacking their support in S3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I noticed at the end Stella have priority to saving Spector over the other wounded cops. She could be lacking their support in S3.

I dunno, if she needed a hand I'm sure Cantona would give her one…

Season 12, Stella goes to the NI Assembly to sort out flags and parades.

Season 12, Stella goes to the NI Assembly to sort out flags and parades.

Season 13 - Stella tries to uncover whether Jerry Adams really was ever in the IRA. She runs into trouble when Mary Lou tries to eat her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

brian_t wrote: »

A teaser purely containing a clip from the last episode we've seen? That's nice of them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

‘The Fall’ Season 3 Adds Cast For Cat-And-Mouse Series’ Final Run
    The story picks up immediately from the cliffhanger Season 2 finale as the battle between Detective Superintendent Gibson (Anderson) and serial killer Paul Spector (Dornan) heads towards a “terrifying conclusion” in which the rules of their deadly cat-and-mouse game are set to shift again.

New cast members inlcude Krister Henriksson (Wallander), Aidan McArdle (Mr Selfridge), Ruth Bradley (Humans), Aisling Bea (Trollied) and Richard Coyle (Crossbones).

Colin Morgan will also feature as Detective Sergeant Tom Anderson, with series regulars John Lynch, Valene Kane, Stuart Graham, Bronagh Waugh, and Aisling Franciosi also returning.

Cubitt says, “I’ve been on a very exciting journey over the last five years with Stella Gibson and Paul Spector… and I’m thrilled to have recently started filming the third installment of their macabre, obsessive dance of death. Gillian and Jamie have lived and breathed those characters during that time and I’ve been incredibly well-served as both writer and director by their stellar performances. Obviously I don’t want to give anything away about how the third series will end but I can say that I am looking forward to working with both Gillian and Jamie again in the near future!”

http://deadline.com/2016/01/the-fall-final-season-3-filming-new-cast-1201675429/

Completely baffled as to how they're going to continue this. Unless all the new cast are lawyers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ruth Bradley is in it now I won't need a storyline :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Fifty sheydes of sheyite?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Ruth Bradley is in it now I won't need a storyline :pac:

is she really? i will watch it purely to oogle over her

Advertisement