Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

This is like an episode of casualty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,442 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Oh my God but this is so boring...

It's dire

The pushing office chairs scene was immense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

There's no story, no narrative.

A fella undergoing various procedures after being shot, and a cop undergoing various procedures after being involved in a high profile case.

In comparison to the first season, which was heart in your mouth stuff, there's no real hook in this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭swine

"and what season is it?"

At least one too many.

• Advertisement

This is basically a PR show for Belfast.

All corporate jazz, fancy hotels, nice suits, black Mercs and high tech hospitals.

Not one shot of the falls road and the likes.

Oh God... He can't remember what he did.

Lame.

Oh and now, hot shot lawyers to boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Load of cack. I'll persevere until the end, but this dull dull dull.

How could they possibly think this was good TV when they were editing it? Baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm standing alone amidst the tumbleweeds........I'm glued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

It even managed to make Rain (nightclub were the acid attack took place) look even more miserable that it really is/was. That takes some doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Is it just me or does every woman in this ( bar Stella and the wife ) look the exact same? I can't tell between the nurse, lawyer, schoolgirl, rose. They all look like clones.

Oh and apart from that observation ....... this series is utter scutter!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I binned it during the child's visit to yer man in the hospital

Such dire dialogue

Yer man Dornan is proper phoning it in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

lawred2 wrote: »
    The pushing office chairs scene was immense

at one stage the doctor checked his watch, i had to rewind and watch again, it was riveting

so spector doenst remember a thing, how convenient... the whole show basically revolves around who scully got up on, cantona wasnt happy with her getting up on the young detective...it seems to be morphing into love/hate, we now have the dentist, the dentists wife and darrens sister mary, what next nidge appears in the bed beside spector?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

It seemed like it was trying to build up some suspense with the lawyer being spooked out in the dark office and then... nothing.

To be fair, though nowhere near as exciting as the first series, this is what the first episode should have been. They could have bypassed so much of what came last week and filled it with what happened in this episode. Still not perfect, but I don't think they cane reach the same levels of tension and suspense now.

It looks like it's set up for Spector to have the good set of lawyers, use a mentally unstable argument in the trial, find loads of holes in the cops files and then in the end he'll get off, turn and wink to the camera.

Working hours regulation in Northern Ireland needs to be seriously looked at, spectors nurse worked two days and nights straight and the lawyer one was told to work all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Really disappointed with the first episode. It was just so boring. I remember watching series 1 of the fall + thinking it was one of the best programmes ever made. The suspense, the way the character could change from psycho to family man amazing. Series 2 wasn't great but I held out. Not holding out much hope now for the rest of series 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

Anyone else find it hard to hear what Gillian Anderson is saying half the time? Her voice records really badly,sounds like she has her head in a bucket?Everyone else voice comes across OK
    Wish to God she'd speak up!!

Steve F wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hard to hear what Gillian Anderson is saying half the time? Her voice records really badly,sounds like she has her head in a bucket?Everyone else voice comes across OK

yes she sounds like she has a constant head cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

jezzer wrote: »
    yes she sounds like she has a constant head cold

Thank God for that...thought I was going deaf :(

• Advertisement

Thank God for that...thought I was going deaf :(

she mustnt be drying off properly after the swimming, although it doesnt surprise me she has a dose with all that bed hopping...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

It's a whispery show, everyone whispers.
    Look at me, I'm acting and I'm all intense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭happycoach

Gillian is excellent in this show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't understand why Rose is in the same hospital as Spector and where are all the armed policemen or women, its not very realistic in that regard. The only time you notice an officer in the hospital is when the baby sitter girl is spotted by one, but its not obvious that there is armed police near Spector's ward. Gillian reminds me of the way Thatcher talked, slow precise English, you wanna scream GET ON WITH IT!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Try the sub-titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I thought the interview with Gillian this week was good...she was definitely rattled,it's good to see that that the interviewer wasn't buying her story about holding Spector when he was shot..loved the eye contact between them..a man might have fallen for it but us women know each other too well ðŸ˜

I do like her in this but agree that she needs to speed things ,it gets annoying with all this slow motion/speaking lark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I'm enjoying it and I think the pace is perfect.
    I know it's not ER or a medical drama but it's appropriate to have the relevant goings on as he's been critically injured.

Couldn't fault it actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

A large amount of the criticism is because people are confused about what the show is supposed to be.

It isn't a show about serial killers. It's a show about one particular serial killer. It's taking us on his journey. Season 1 was amazing because of the suspense of who he'd kill next and would he get caught.

Season 3 is clearly shaping up to be the order part of 'law & order'. He'll get out of hospital, we'll go through the criminal trial, we'll see how it affects the wife, the kids, Katie, even the cops involved.

They hinted at throwing a copycat killer into the mix at the end of this episode and that might provide a welcome distraction and injection of pace.

The hospital scenes they really couldn't win..... If they did an ER style "clear" and "we're losing him" and then all of a sudden 20 mins later he's trying to escape out a window, people would call bullsh1t.

They have over-egged the scenes and there's not a lot "happening". It's more a character study now than anything else. I thought the actress who plays the wife has been giving a great performance throughout the show.

It'll never reach the heights of Season 1 and the danger with the current pacing is by the time it gets to court people might not be tuned in to care as to what happens Spector.

I'll keep watching until the end anyway. There's worse muck on telly by far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I love the sound effects. Theat tension building heartbeat sound... I think my heart quickens up at the same time 😨

Advertisement