Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

They could have done without him being shot in the last series. It's just going to plod along for three or four episodes with him getting his dressing changed until we get to where it would have been without the shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'll keep watching until the end anyway. There's worse muck on telly by far.

There is but the show has already set the bar for its own quality that people are just annoyed that it's not able to keep it up. I think the hospital stuff with Spector could have been treated with a montage rather than a full episode until he wakes up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

see jamie dornans auld fella in real life was the auld fella that asked cantona a question at the review board meeting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Steve F wrote: »
    Anyone else find it hard to hear what Gillian Anderson is saying half the time? Her voice records really badly,sounds like she has her head in a bucket?Everyone else voice comes across OK
    Wish to God she'd speak up!!

It's supposed to be sexy I'm guessing. The sex aspect of the show seems to be the shows biggest selling point; hot serial killer, sexually-liberated detective, filthy miniskirt-wearing school girl, sadomasochistic female victim.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

jezzer wrote: »
    Working hours regulation in Northern Ireland needs to be seriously looked at, spectors nurse worked two days and nights straight and the lawyer one was told to work all night

Her boss' Nordie accent is rubbish, I thought he was telling her to do something "through the net". I realise now he was telling her to work "through the night".
    A large amount of the criticism is because people are confused about what the show is supposed to be.

It isn't a show about serial killers. It's a show about one particular serial killer. It's taking us on his journey. Season 1 was amazing because of the suspense of who he'd kill next and would he get caught.

Season 3 is clearly shaping up to be the order part of 'law & order'. He'll get out of hospital, we'll go through the criminal trial, we'll see how it affects the wife, the kids, Katie, even the cops involved.

I'll keep watching until the end anyway. There's worse muck on telly by far.

The pacing is the problem. There was scope for a 3rd series if they really needed to do it but last week's opening episode was nearly enough to turn me off it completely. This week's wasn't a whole lot better but there was at least some developments. I said it before, S3 should have been the court case, introduce some lawyers, for the personal dramas focus on the fall out it's had on his family. His poor wife has had about 2 lines so far. Why was her lawyer pal telling her she needed to get Paul representation? Unless he thinks Paul is completely innocent he should have been advising her on where she stands and nothing else. There was no logic to that.

They've given 2 hours of this series over to him being in hospital, waking up and not remembering, his daughter doing more detective work than Stella has managed in 3 years, and.... that's it. All of that could have been in the opening episode and it would have been worth watching.

They've added some really good actors to this series too but seem to be wasting them, Barry Ward, Ruth Bradley, Aidan McArdle, all great actors. We'll have to wait and see how the lawyers play out but Ward is being wasted as the ICU doctor.

• Advertisement

Also, WTF was she at with the lemon juice?! You can buy bleach in the corner shop, what's lemon juice going to do? Sting for about 10 minutes. Numpty.

Also, WTF was she at with the lemon juice?! You can buy bleach in the corner shop, what's lemon juice going to do? Sting for about 10 minutes. Numpty.

:D:D:D

Her boss' Nordie accent is rubbish, I thought he was telling her to do something "through the net". I realise now he was telling her to work "through the night".

The pacing is the problem. There was scope for a 3rd series if they really needed to do it but last week's opening episode was nearly enough to turn me off it completely. This week's wasn't a whole lot better but there was at least some developments. I said it before, S3 should have been the court case, introduce some lawyers, for the personal dramas focus on the fall out it's had on his family. His poor wife has had about 2 lines so far. Why was her lawyer pal telling her she needed to get Paul representation? Unless he thinks Paul is completely innocent he should have been advising her on where she stands and nothing else. There was no logic to that.

They've given 2 hours of this series over to him being in hospital, waking up and not remembering, his daughter doing more detective work than Stella has managed in 3 years, and.... that's it. All of that could have been in the opening episode and it would have been worth watching.

They've added some really good actors to this series too but seem to be wasting them, Barry Ward, Ruth Bradley, Aidan McArdle, all great actors. We'll have to wait and see how the lawyers play out but Ward is being wasted as the ICU doctor.

ruth bradley is some bit of stuff, i really hope she gets into the bed hopping theme of the show, anyone remmeber when she was tipping tommy from love/hate?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I presume a bleach attack would an arrestable offence. Lemon juice might get her a job on Bake Off.

I presume a bleach attack would an arrestable offence. Lemon juice might get her a job on Bake Off.

"You can't arrest me, I was lifting the flavour, cutting through the sweetness, CUTTING THROUGH THE SWEETNESS!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

https://twitter.com/soniasaraiya/status/783689211710963712

https://twitter.com/soniasaraiya/status/783689710610837504

Sonia is a critic with Variety. Audio here. Allan Cubitt showrunner of The Fall is also interviewed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Loved the first series, HATED the second and had hoped that S3 would put things right. It hasn't, completely clap trap.

I'm done with this one.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

If Aidan McArdle was a great actor he wouldn't have us wincing at his mangled voyles. Very disappointed with the headmistress' pronunciation of 'situation' even if it's her natural accent. Aisling Bea's shibbolethic 'aitch' seems at odds with her character's first name.

Literally the most interesting aspect of this snooze fest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What's them pills she took?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

What's them pills she took?

Termination pills I thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Which one is Ruth Bradley playing? Spectors solicitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Oh Christ :(

bazermc wrote: »
    Which one is Ruth Bradley playing? Spectors solicitor?

yes the extremely hot one who takes notes for the dentist out of love/hate

can someone please tell me why Cantona was downing vodka and washing his face in the workplace jacks other than to add some completely irrelevant tension scene to fill in for the lack of anything actually happening????

nice of the sergeant from red rock to step up as the judge....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The nurse is driving me MENTAL watching this! She's at his bedside virtually 24-7, giving him puppy eyed looks, WTF?! Doesn't she have any other patients? Is the Northern Ireland health service that far ahead of us down here, where every patient gets a dedicated nurse at their side?

She fits the profile (looks and age) of his many victims yet no one - no one! - has questioned... hmmm, should we really leave this man alone with the pretty brunette nurse?

The wife's scenes at the end, although difficult to watch, were one of very few scenes in this tripe thus far that had any semblance of credibility.

• Advertisement

JoeA3 wrote: »
    The nurse is driving me MENTAL watching this! She's at his bedside virtually 24-7, giving him puppy eyed looks, WTF?! Doesn't she have any other patients? Is the Northern Ireland health service that far ahead of us down here, where every patient gets a dedicated nurse at their side?

She fits the profile (looks and age) of his many victims yet no one - no one! - has questioned... hmmm, should we really leave this man alone with the pretty brunette nurse?

The wife's scenes at the end, although difficult to watch, were one of very few scenes in this tripe thus far that had any semblance of credibility.

i can see spector killing the nurse and making a run for it and the whole thing starts over again and they have to try and capture him, they might knock another series or two out of it...

JoeA3 wrote: »

I certainly could get used to Aisling Bea beside my bed 24-7 giving me puppy dog looks :) Id injure myself to get into a hospital where she is a nurse. if he touches a hair on her head ill declare war on Dornan :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

jezzer wrote:
    can someone please tell me why Cantona was downing vodka and washing his face in the workplace jacks other than to add some completely irrelevant tension scene to fill in for the lack of anything actually happening????

He's astray in the head with lust for Stella I think. He needs to get a grip on himself.

Ann22 wrote: »
    He's astray in the head with lust for Stella I think. He needs to get a grip on himself.

such a storyline!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Sure as his personal nurse she probably hasn't had time off to read any papers to see he is a serial killer:pac:

I'm gonna guess the wife and kids don't die/get saved and that build up will be all for nothing. Either that or they didn't pack enough punch in those scenes to make it clear this was it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

Swore I wouldn't watch this again after the utter rubbish of a second season, but got sucked in somehow and caught up with this season last night.

More of the same it seems. People speaking in whispers for 'dramatic' effect, absolutely nothing of note happening..

Really poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

How many years is Gibson staying at that fancy hotel. Must be be bankrupting the PSNI

bazermc wrote: »
    How many years is Gibson staying at that fancy hotel. Must be be bankrupting the PSNI

good point and that merchant hotel in belfast doesnt come cheap....she must be going mad living in a hotel, what does she do on the weekends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I so hoped when they showed Spector the photo of Gibson that he'd say 'sure that's yer wun from the x files'

Advertisement