Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fall (RTE1/BBC2) [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mmm TV license add on before The Fall. ....and to think I had actually thought of paying this year. ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Can that solicitor not afford to keep the lights on in the evening?

Pure slurry so far again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭deeno1975

A slow grinding tedium. Something please happen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Why the actual fuuuck would the warden tell Paul the details of your mans heinous crimes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

I don't find this episode to be as bad as the rest. But it really could have been the first episode of this series and I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I missed Cantona's news. Anyone summarise it?

Lisha wrote: »
    Why the actual fuuuck would the warden tell Paul the details of your mans heinous crimes?
    And "sweet dreams"??
    Do they go out of their way to make it unbelievable?

And "sweet dreams"??

Maybe they're trying to claim the staff are bad apples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

I'm just perplexed as to why I'm not turning this ****e off. Its like I feel I must watch cause ive watched it all series even tho not one thing has really happened to further the drama . Its torturous. Its drivel. Yet here i still am. Wtf

I missed Cantona's news. Anyone summarise it?
    Paul/Peter and the guy convicted of the 2002 London murder went to the same kid's home where they were abused
    Guess cantona was too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

And "sweet dreams"??

Like he was giving him the sick details to salivate over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

How the hell can they wrap all this up in just one more episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Pile of dung.

Definitely losing my marbles here but I liked Dornan in the scene with the psychiatrist. He's been better this series while Anderson's nosedived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Best episode so far....Liked the interview scene at end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Sadly, i never got around to watching this :(:rolleyes:

But i read that as well as it showing on Thurs, BBC2 are showing the final ep next Fri@9pm & RTE2 are doing the same, so's not to lose viewers, well if there's any left according to this thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Lisha wrote:
    I wondered at that too as I'm sure he'll be expecting Spector to have a fine old time under the duvet thinking about that one!!....but somehow I think it wont have that effect- in this case the victim, being a child of around his daughters age. Maybe he'll do a Hannibal Lector and talk the creepy little rodent into doing away with himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

How are they going to resolve this all in one episode. Sure, nothing has happened all season long as it's been as slow as hell but they really need to tie up this story and bury it. To do that right they needed to have had more happen all season long. Is it 100% that Dornan isn't returning because unless they open the next episode with a trial, speed through it and lock him away or else have him get attacked/killed, I don't see how season 4 is going to finish the Spector story.

I don't see how season 4 is going to finish the Spector story.

Maybe this is the last series?

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭JimboJones99

Lisha wrote: »

I interpreted it as the fella giving Spector a dig, that even though your man looks harmless he clearly isnt and everyone in there deserves to be.

Overall, I thought it was actually a good interesting episode

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Ah here, this non story line of Cantona drinking vodka is just ridiculous, he has now moved away from drinking mini bottles in the jacks to drinking glasses of the stuff in the office, wtf????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Maybe this is the last series?

Either way, it's showing no signs of being ready to wrap up in one episode.

Ann22 wrote: »
    I wondered at that too as I'm sure he'll be expecting Spector to have a fine old time under the duvet thinking about that one!!....but somehow I think it wont have that effect- in this case the victim, being a child of around his daughters age. Maybe he'll do a Hannibal Lector and talk the creepy little rodent into doing away with himself.

i'd say spector will try get neil lennon to help him escape, it looks like neil lennon is somehow idolising spector, then again who gives a sh1te

jezzer wrote: »
    Ah here, this non story line of Cantona drinking vodka is just ridiculous, he has now moved away from drinking mini bottles in the jacks to drinking glasses of the stuff in the office, wtf????

I think another poster mentioned that Cantona was a 'student' at this abuse school. That would explain his drinking and the ability to tell the cops the abuse story. Tenuous at best I agree.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Thought it was a strong episode. They could really have just had an hour of back forth between Spector and the psychiatrist, along with the police interview with David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

Pile a scrap

I think another poster mentioned that Cantona was a 'student' at this abuse school. That would explain his drinking and the ability to tell the cops the abuse story. Tenuous at best I agree.

oh right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Well that was my original take, but later on when smouldering looker Sculley's banging dude interviews non-murderer in London he says Cantona was the arresting officer... though Cantona didn't say this himself so he might have made it up. Thought there'd be a bit of an age difference there but could definitely have been the same place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭JaffaP

The decent first series of this show is a very distant memory now.

This season has achieved the rather remarkable feat of being worse than the atrocious second series.

Advertisement