Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overprotective after haircut

• 08-02-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have a year and a half old yorkie and a 8 month old morkie!

They both got their first haircut on monday! The morkie was matted so needed to be cut with about 2/3 inch long hair on a small body, the yorkie has hair that gets to a certin piint and stops growing hence both getting the first haircut with a year between them

Anyways moving on, since the haircut the older one will not let the younger one out of her sight and has to be within touching distance of her she has gone from not paying much atttention to her to not leaving her side for more than 10 seconds

Whats the story here? Is this common?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ghogie91 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have a year and a half old yorkie and a 8 month old morkie!

They both got their first haircut on monday! The morkie was matted so needed to be cut with about 2/3 inch long hair on a small body, the yorkie has hair that gets to a certin piint and stops growing hence both getting the first haircut with a year between them

Anyways moving on, since the haircut the older one will not let the younger one out of her sight and has to be within touching distance of her she has gone from not paying much atttention to her to not leaving her side for more than 10 seconds

Whats the story here? Is this common?
    wtf is a morkie? Is it some sort of yorkie x?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Stheno wrote: »
    wtf is a morkie? Is it some sort of yorkie x?
    Yep a maltese and a yorkie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

wtf is a morkie? Is it some sort of yorkie x? its a mongrel the same as all the so called designer breeds bought by people with more money than sense :D

juniord wrote: »
    wtf is a morkie? Is it some sort of yorkie x? its a mongrel the same as all the so called designer breeds bought by people with more money than sense :D

Great input you <snip>

Ghogie91 infracted for use of offensive name-calling.
    It is clear in the forum charter. If you have a problem with a post, report it. Do not take matters into your own hands. Calling other posters offensive names will not be tolerated.
    Juniord, do not flame other users. You can make your point without taking the mick out of others.
    Do not reply to this post on-thread.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Maybe one thinks the other is a new dog? Or they are looking at each othee thinking, dear god they butchered your golden locks of hair..?

It could be anything maybe they like the smell of eachothers hair or something? Id say in a day or two they will get bored of following eachother around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭juniord

<snip>
    Post deleted to remove further flaming comment

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Juniord infracted for ignoring my on-thread warning, and continuing to flame the OP. A simple thread about dogs getting a hairdo, and two posters get red-carded. Seriously folks?
    Juniord, do not post in this thread again.
    Thanks,
    DBB

bfocusd wrote: »
    Maybe one thinks the other is a new dog? Or they are looking at each othee thinking, dear god they butchered your golden locks of hair..?

It could be anything maybe they like the smell of eachothers hair or something? Id say in a day or two they will get bored of following eachother around

Its been a week now and they still are they same I originally thought it was the smell maybe washed off but im sure thats back by now

DBB wrote: »
    Juniord infracted for ignoring my on-thread warning, and continuing to flame the OP. A simple thread about dogs getting a hairdo, and two posters get red-carded. Seriously folks?
    Juniord, do not post in this thread again.
    Thanks,
    DBB

DBB do you blame me! I was asking a simple question and hoping for a little help with the situation

All over now anyways

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

ghogie91 wrote: »

DBB do you blame me! I was asking a simple question and hoping for a little help with the situation

All over now anyways

You reacted in a really offensive way to a flamer, instead of doing what you're meant to do: report it.
    So yes, I do blame you, which is why you got infracted.
    And now, you've just ignored a mod warning not to reply to my post on-thread for which you could now be banned.
    Instead, I'm closing this thread, which quite frankly has just become a timesink with the silly behaviour.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement