Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PMs sending with no text

Options
  • 09-02-2013 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭

I sent a series of PMs today but each one sent blank text to the recipient. Have I accidentally pressed something or is it a glitch in my account?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Did they appear that way in your sent items too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Spear wrote: »
    Did they appear that way in your sent items too?

I didn't save them in the sent folder. The first message I thought I must have deleted part of the text as the recipient replied with a question that I answered, then subsequently I got two replies from her saying both replies had no text.

I had a different PM conversation with somebody else last night so only thing I can think of is that maybe she hit the ignore button in the drop down menu by accident when sending me a pm?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Easy enough to test, I'll put you on ignore and you can send a PM to me.

Spear wrote: »
    Easy enough to test, I'll put you on ignore and you can send a PM to me.

Done. Actually did it twice and saved a copy in my sent folder the second time;)

And I never saw them, PMs from someone on the ignore list are deleted immediately and there's not so much as a notification. They're not delivered as blank. I could maybe tell more from the formatted text of them in case it was just a broken tag, but if you don't have a copy that's not possible.

• Advertisement

OK, I'll send another one to her and save it this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Good morning.

This isn't a problem with being on ignore - as Spear said, if you ignore a user then they just don't get the PM. I can investigate this for you further, just drop me a PM if you want me to do so.

Danny

OK, I'll send another one to her and save it this time

Have you been able to replicate this yet?

No, I completely forgot as I haven't needed to pm the other poster. It seems to be just between me and her as I've had pm conversations with others since and there's been no problems.

Mod Edit: User has advised via PM that this problem seems to have resolved itself. Closing, locking as Resolved and moving to the Help Desk Archive.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement