Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saorview + combi box's

• 09-02-2013 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    Just joined the board,its great to have an active board to share in this area.
    I have a ferguson ariva 220, which has many problems inc freezing,unplanned shut down no satelitte update. I want to upgrade it to a better combi. Are there any saorview series link +, combi box's.
    Can the saorview approved boxes be updated.
    Should I wait until more combis are released. Ideally I would like a unit that approaches the functionality & quality of my Foxsat HDR+ freesat box.

fosastra4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Series link has not been activated as of yet, due late this month early march...despite what others will say here, best Saorview approved combi at the moment is the Triax Tsc114 in my opinion.

Personally if ur not in a hurry Id wait as there should be better around the corner..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Extinction

steveon wrote: »
    Series link has not been activated as of yet, due late this month early march...despite what others will say here, best Saorview approved combi at the moment is the Triax Tsc114 in my opinion.

Personally if ur not in a hurry Id wait as there should be better around the corner..

You may be right as I haven't bothered checking but this was in the latest email from Saorview.
    ''One thing that will be of interest to you is that Series Link for SAORVIEW Approved PVR’s is now fully operational on all SAORVIEW channels.''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭zg3409

Series link is fully operational now. There is only one approved box however, that seems to work with the series link information, and this is not a combi box.

I am currently working on testing
    1) Saorview approved PVR with dual tuner and series link
    2) Freesat approved receiver with dual tuner and series link
    3) universal remote to control both boxes and the TV inputs.

There will probably never be an approved combo with series link on the UK and Irish channels. Best option at the moment is two boxes and universal remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Willby

zg3409 wrote: »
    Series link is fully operational now. There is only one approved box however, that seems to work with the series link information, and this is not a combi box.

I am currently working on testing
    1) Saorview approved PVR with dual tuner and series link
    2) Freesat approved receiver with dual tuner and series link
    3) universal remote to control both boxes and the TV inputs.

There will probably never be an approved combo with series link on the UK and Irish channels. Best option at the moment is two boxes and universal remote.
    Eagerly looking forward to test results.

Advertisement