Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Examiner jobs ?

• 09-02-2013 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi,

Sorry if i've missed a post but i'd be interested in hearing how to go about applying for examiner jobs here - I did my teacher training in England and then moved back to Ireland after my NQT year (so fully qualified with qualifications recognised by the TC), have had some subbing and odd-job work since, wondered about how to go about applying for examination board jobs? It's fairly straightforward for applying to CEA for marking papers/visiting examiner up North but I'm not sure how it works here - are examiners appointed directly through the Department or what's the story?

Thanks in advance,

baldlydrawnboy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Hi,

Sorry if i've missed a post but i'd be interested in hearing how to go about applying for examiner jobs here - I did my teacher training in England and then moved back to Ireland after my NQT year (so fully qualified with qualifications recognised by the TC), have had some subbing and odd-job work since, wondered about how to go about applying for examination board jobs? It's fairly straightforward for applying to CEA for marking papers/visiting examiner up North but I'm not sure how it works here - are examiners appointed directly through the Department or what's the story?

Thanks in advance,

baldlydrawnboy

Closing date for applications was January 25th. I don't know if they accept late applications. The form is still on the website: http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=re&sc=lwe

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

They do accept late applications. Send them an email outlining your subjects/level etc and see what they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Just fill in the application form on their site and send it in , you'll be put on reserve anyway if there are no vacancies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

On this - has anyone heard back from the SEC yet? When do they let you know?

Apparently, you now need a TC number to apply, so does that rule out retired teachers? If so, there may be a hope in hell of me getting it:rolleyes:

Edit: I'm talking about superintending, not marking papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Apparently, you now need a TC number to apply, so does that rule out retired teachers?

Yes you need a TC number to apply but you could apply and then re-apply/renew your TC registration so I wouldn't rule retired teachers out. Don't know when they let you know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

The two times I was appointed to superintendent I was notified in May what school I was going to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Yeah it said you needed to registered now or by March otherwise they wouldn't hire you. Makes sense . I would love to get superintendent . You never know.

Advertisement