Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi dropping when locked?

• 09-02-2013 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hey,

Currently am using iPad 3 and ip4, noticed that iPhone was dropping wifi signal when it was locked, and same with my iPad, then when i unlock, or press lock button to bring up time the icon comes back but it can take nearly 15 seconds after doing either of the above.

Another thing is that if I leave the house and it connects to someone else's wifi, then I come home and connect back to my own, I get a pop up screen that's blank, but has apple.com on top and i have to press 'done' in top right corner, this happens every time with my iPhone and iPad and is extremely frustrating!

Read on apple discussions that it's the routers wifi has to meet a certain criteria for it to connect when locked, its to save battery life etc. so after switching back to my original Eircom router and only connected my ipad it seems to have stopped the pop up problem, but can still take a few seconds to connect.
    but the other router they were connected to is one i use to allows my wifi sync on iTunes because I figured it would free up data traffic during syncs...

This bug / "feature" is doing my head in as on a few occasions I've been stuck waiting on the wifi to connect before I can get online.

I literally have enough time to unlock the phone, go to my settings, go into my wifi and find the name and then it connects.

Anyone have a fix for this or for my second router. Or know why that white screen is popping up?

Any ideas would Be greatly appriciated...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The wifi always disconnects when the screen is asleep to save battery.

Don't know about the second issue as I've never experienced it myself.

Advertisement