Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 28 Transfers.

• 09-02-2013 4:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting some City or United players in as they both have handy fixtures, Utd home to Norwich, City away to Villa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

enrique > evra
    michu > sissoko

early days yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Invincible wrote: »
    Thinking of getting some City or United players in as they both have handy fixtures, Utd home to Norwich, City away to Villa.

gw 27 is next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

gw 27 is next

Yes, I really hope this is a typo in the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Isnt there already a GW27 thread? This is becoming farcical now.
    God I miss the days of a single thread in the soccer forum where everyone wasnt vying to create pointless new threads every day.

Edit: Looks like he does mean GW28 if you look at the fixtures mentioned. This GW doesnt take place for another MONTH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Isnt there already a GW27 thread? This is becoming farcical now.
    God I miss the days of a single thread in the soccer forum where everyone wasnt vying to create pointless new threads every day.

Edit: Looks like he does mean GW28 if you look at the fixtures mentioned. This GW doesnt take place for another MONTH!

My reasons for creating the GW27 thread are perfectly reasonable. If someone wants to talk about a GW a month in advance, let them. If you dont have anything constructive to add then how about not posting until you do?

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    My reasons for creating the GW27 thread are perfectly reasonable. If someone wants to talk about a GW a month in advance, let them. If you dont have anything constructive to add then how about not posting until you do?

It's just a bit of an inconvenience having to trawl through a lot of irrelevant posts when we are interested in joining the thread, it would be better in the general thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Jesus...GW28, let me try and make it through this week first! I have been avoiding the GW27 transfer page until now never mind 28:o

Really? Creating threads for 1 - 2 free transfers with absolutely no surety who will be in form, fit/available on a given week is worthwhile over a month in advance? At least the Wildcard thread gives the chance of a radical overhaul.

I might as well go and create the GW 38 thread now so.
    Thats sure to be an important one.

I reckon my transfer that week will be Shawcross out for Buttner.

Really? Creating threads for 1 - 2 free transfers with absolutely no surety who will be in form, fit/available on a given week is worthwhile over a month in advance? At least the Wildcard thread gives the chance of a radical overhaul.

Reading are away to West Ham in gw38, they'll need 3 points so I'd start thinking about getting attacking cover for them that week, but you'll have to plan it early so I'll post up a GW36 thread later today:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Before considering transfers one must examine any potential matches in doubt for the next few weeks.

Have 1.5 mil in the bank and considering Michu to Walcott but if Arsenal reach the FA CUP 6th Round they will have a blank gameweek 29 i think. Never had Walcott myself. Michu will have no fixture Gameweek 27 and Arsenal play Villa. Michu is worth 8.0 to me to sell, i did not get him as early as many other people. Can't afford Walcott to rise or Michu to drop (beyond 0.1) so i'll have to get in early as Michu will surely be sold off anyway with no fixture. Swansea have mixed fixtures coming up, home games v Newcastle, Arsenal and Spurs with West Brom in between. Its a pain about the likely blank for Arsenal. I'd basically be getting Walcott for only two games and one of those is away to Spurs.

EDIT: hmm..Sissoko might be worth a look instead. Newcastle have decent fixtures. I'll watch where he plays today.

• Advertisement

As I said, if it aint your cup of tea then dont post. Do we need to run thread topics by you before posting or something? Is it such an inconvenience to you that there is a GW27 or GW28 transfers thread?

As I said, if it aint your cup of tea then dont post. Do we need to run thread topics by you before posting or something? Is it such an inconvenience to you that there is a GW27 or GW28 transfers thread?

Sorry. Didnt realise you were a mod or that you could dictate who can/cant post.

But yes, it is an incovenience. I come on to read about GW 26 which hasnt started yet and suddenly theres a GW 28 thread that isnt on for another month and I end up frantically checking that I havent missed a GW or that there isnt any short weeks that I hadnt factored for. I never mentioned GW 27 (even if it was a little early, its not 2 Gameweeks in advance and at least there is a reason for GW 27 being early...no game for 2 teams) but there is nothing special about GW 28.

Also, there may be confusion as people dont always know what GW it is (as per Steel dog in the GW 27 thread).

Sorry. Didnt realise you were a mod or that you could dictate who can/cant post.

But yes, it is an incovenience. I come on to read about GW 26 which hasnt started yet and suddenly theres a GW 28 thread that isnt on for another month and I end up frantically checking that I havent missed a GW or that there isnt any short weeks that I hadnt factored for. I never mentioned GW 27 (even if it was a little early, its not 2 Gameweeks in advance and at least there is a reason for GW 27 being early...no game for 2 teams) but there is nothing special about GW 28.

Also, there may be confusion as people dont always know what GW it is (as per Steel dog in the GW 27 thread).

You did mention GW27 already, no im not a mod but someone created a thread to ask a question and you've set about derailing it. Bravo!

People shouldnt have to worry about people making assumptions what GW it is based on threads in this forum. If people dont know what GW it is, they need to check the FPL website.

You did mention GW27 already, no im not a mod but someone created a thread to ask a question and you've set about derailing it. Bravo!

People shouldnt have to worry about people making assumptions what GW it is based on threads in this forum. If people dont know what GW it is, they need to check the FPL website.

The mention of GW 27 was when I was defending your thread back when I thought the OP had created a new thread for GW 27 but with a typo. I was wrong, and not the only one, Iusedtolikebusts and Swiper also had the same impression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning :)
    If you're confused about what gamesweek it is, not planning a couple of weeks ahead, I suppose we'll all have to suit you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

my god shut up the pair of ye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Thinking of bringing in Wilson, perfect result today. Stoke's next 5 fixtures look promising and they have tightened back up. Only one goal conceded in their last three games, surely a clean sheet on the way!

West Ham (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    West Brom (H)
    Everton (A)
    Aston Villa (H)

Need to ensure we have enough players from teams guaranteed to play GW29.

just to say lukaku cant play against chelsea next week if anyone is bringing him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Can i have a new team please

Boring, but I plan to bank this transfer for GW28 and then react to possible games being called off in GW29.

• Advertisement

Dónal wrote: »
    Boring, but I plan to bank this transfer for GW28 and then react to possible games being called off in GW29.

doing the exact same barring that people would be mad to make transfers before the fa cup games wed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Dónal wrote: »

Same as here.

One thing for sure is that RVP wont make GW28,15 cameo at the end tops so best plan without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

doing the exact same barring that people would be mad to make transfers before the fa cup games wed.

I think I'll do the same. Looking at my team for next week, and don't think it looks too shabby:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

RVP wont make next week i reckon,rested for Madrid game

dahat wrote: »
    RVP wont make next week i reckon,rested for Madrid game

More than likely but I'll leave him in starting 11 in case he does play even 20 to 30 minutes.

If he doesn't look like making it with injury, I may change Puncheon for Sissoko.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Santon and Samba out, da Silva and Wilson in.

Easy enough decision really after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

was planning on cameron > cuellar but is cuellar even back in the starting line up? was he on the bench today even?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭Captain Bob

could anyone sum up, please, which teams are not gonna make it for gw 29?
    thanks

darego wrote: »
    was planning on cameron > cuellar but is cuellar even back in the starting line up? was he on the bench today even?

He was on the bench.

• Advertisement

could anyone sum up, please, which teams are not gonna make it for gw 29?
    thanks

look at the gw 29 fixtures thread

Advertisement