Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamesweek 28 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

GW28 should be ok for most but who to sell for 29 is going to be the big problem,i am pretty happy with my lot and don't fancy paying more to get them back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

roryc wrote: »
    I'm giving Fellaini another week, they should score against Reading

Possible captain material in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

dahat wrote: »

Possible captain material in my book
    Between him and Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm going with Suarez (c) I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,141 ✭✭✭G1032

Just sold RVP. I got him late so got 13.7m for him.
    I now have 7.8m in the back. I need to sell Azpil but it will cost 4 points. Thinking of getting Johnson in. Is this wise? I'm thinking of GW 29 and I also have Mata, Aguero and Zab, none of whom we will be playing.

I now have no Man United player. Oh God.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My hit last week gave me 5 strong mids (Sissoko, Michu, Mata, Bale, Walcott) and now I have sold Giroud for Lambert.

GW 28 team

Mignolet
    Clyne, Zabaleta, Davies (Or Samba)
    Sissoko, Michu, Mata, Bale, Walcott
    Lambert, Sturridge

RVP is currently on the bench. His injury has complicates matters. I hear he hit a cameraman. He actually fell into a camera pit and smacked his hip.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My hit last week gave me 5 strong mids (Sissoko, Michu, Mata, Bale, Walcott) and now I have sold Giroud for Lambert.

GW 28 team

Mignolet
    Lambert, Sturridge

RVP is currently on the bench. His injury has complicates matters. I hear he hit a cameraman. He actually fell into a camera pit and smacked his hip.

Mine

GW 28 team

Mignolet Begovic
    Clyne Evra Zabaleta, Davies
    Sissoko Fellaini Michu, Mata, Bale, Walcott
    Lambert Sturridge Suarez

On paper I have the stronger team, but when has that ever mattered! Sissoko worries me. I'd play Samba ahead of Davies if I was you.

Also RVP did fall into the camera pit, was fairly well publicised after the match. I expect him to miss Norwich but play the CL. If United don't have a match in GW29, and United qualify for the quarter finals, we could see RVP missing 3 of the next 4 games. Too big a risk leaving a £14m striker on the bench imo.

Mine

GW 28 team

Mignolet Begovic
    Clyne Evra Zabaleta, Davies
    Sissoko Fellaini Michu, Mata, Bale, Walcott
    Lambert Sturridge Suarez

On paper I have the stronger team, but when has that ever mattered! Sissoko worries me. I'd play Samba ahead of Davies if I was you.

Also RVP did fall into the camera pit, was fairly well publicised after the match. I expect him to miss Norwich but play the CL. If United don't have a match in GW29, and United qualify for the quarter finals, we could see RVP missing 3 of the next 4 games. Too big a risk leaving a £14m striker on the bench imo.

On paper, you have a slightly stonger team for GW28.

I'd prefer Suarez over Sturridge, but am not too concerned about it. Sturridge has been superbly consistent. If Suarez runs riot, then that's my own fault for taking him out to fund Bale.

Sissoko >>>>> Fellaini right now. Fellaini is completely off form and is two yellows away from a 2-match ban. Again, he could run riot but thats FPL.

Evra > Samba/Clyne. Will be hoping whichever one I play gets some attacking returns. Samba had two hearers cleared off the line Saturday!

And I still have Van Persie. Not that I am not thinking of selling because I am toying with it. I'm waiting to see if the GW29 fixtures all fall into the same gw. If they do, I'll keep my wildcard, if they dont, I may use it soon and RVP out may happen.

Options open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

GW 28 team

Mignolet
    Lambert, Sturridge

Your team is nearly identical to mine. Change Sturridge for Suarez and Clyne for Enrique and we have the exact same starting 11.

I also have RVP on the bench and have a QPR defender but mine is Hill and not Samba.

I have no plans to drop RVP. I have a strong 5 man midfield and no striker is particularly giving me reason to drop him to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RVP expected to be back in training tomorrow,only a bit of bruising.He might get some game time against Norwich just to keep him fresh-he said himself he prefers to play as it keeps him sharp.I doubt he'll play the whole game so if he starts & United go a couple of goals up he'll come off or he might be on the bench & get a run out if things aren't going to plan.

I'm keeping him as I fear that if I sell him,he'll rack up a big score against somebody.

Sissoko >>>>> Fellaini right now. Fellaini is completely off form and is two yellows away from a 2-match ban. Again, he could run riot but thats FPL.

I think it's close though. Sissoko is doing well but I think it's very close between who scores higher this week. Fellaini faces Reading at home, and his brace against Villa shows he is still a massive threat. Apparently he was unlucky not to score against Norwich at the weekend.

If Arsenal v Everton in GW29 is off I will 100% be getting rid of Fellaini for Sissoko.

I think it's close though. Sissoko is doing well but I think it's very close between who scores higher this week. Fellaini faces Reading at home, and his brace against Villa shows he is still a massive threat. Apparently he was unlucky not to score against Norwich at the weekend.

If Arsenal v Everton in GW29 is off I will 100% be getting rid of Fellaini for Sissoko.

The only thing I noticed about Fellaini in the highlights was him running round like a headless chicken fouling people after Bradley Johnson left him with a slight graze on his leg.

The camera cut to Moyes and he even had his head in his hands watching him. He was lucky not to get booked.

If he gets booked in the cup, does it count as one of the two bookings he needs for a ban?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    The only thing I noticed about Fellaini in the highlights was him running round like a headless chicken fouling people after Bradley Johnson left him with a slight graze on his leg.

The camera cut to Moyes and he even had his head in his hands watching him. He was lucky not to get booked.

If he gets booked in the cup, does it count as one of the two bookings he needs for a ban?

ye its yellows in all domestic comps.Doesn't make sense to transfer out fellani this wk his fixture is too good.After that he's gone tho there are atleast 10 better midfield options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Anyone think Coutinho is worth a gamble? against Wigan like?

ye its yellows in all domestic comps.Doesn't make sense to transfer out fellani this wk his fixture is too good.After that he's gone tho there are atleast 10 better midfield options.

Lets just hope Sissoko doesn't rise too much by next week, already up £0.1

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Anyone think Coutinho is worth a gamble? against Wigan like?

There are better options IMO but he's worth a shot. He looked good when he came on against West Brom and again against Swansea.

My only worry is Wigan's end of season form. They've beaten teams like Arsenal and United in the past in the last ten games.

I'm keeping an eye on Coutinho and Kamara from Norwich.

i got sissoko in last nite for puncheon so have both him and fellani. Will prob bench sissoko tho as my front 8 is Mata walcott bale fellani sissoko aguero sturridge cisse

I'd play Sissoko over Cisse based on current form

I'd play Sissoko over Cisse based on current form

i could end up doing that alright it probably makes more sense as sissoko also has higher ownership . If Mata starts the midweek fa cup match i may even bench him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭Invincible

Got Sissoko in last night for Noble, he has risen .3 since I planned on bringing him in, changed Evra for Wilson to free up some cash too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Going to take out Giroud and Bring in Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Massive headache with GW29 on the horizon, compounded by the need to fix my defense. I have two pieces of deadwood in Hughes and Demel - and Hughes is 81% towards another price drop, so don't think I'll be able to save a second transfer for GW29.

Any opinions to sort things out are most welcome:

Untitled_237.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

+1

Fellaini was more advanced against Norwich as Gibson and Osman both started, and they typically take the two holding midfielder roles.

I hope Moyes uses him off jelly in must win game against Reading, I think a lot depends on Anichebe fitness. In any case he should be more attacking.

Hopefully he will take this position tonight!

As busts says he is def gone after this gameweek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Massive headache with GW29 on the horizon, compounded by the need to fix my defense. I have two pieces of deadwood in Hughes and Demel - and Hughes is 81% towards another price drop, so don't think I'll be able to save a second transfer for GW29.

Any opinions to sort things out are most welcome:

Untitled_237.jpg

wilson and dawson in for demel and hughes is something you can afford (just, only just) neither stoke or spurs are under threat for gw29.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Kamara from Norwich.

he looked decent when he came on. one a lot of headers and looked decent with his feet too

miller82 wrote: »

he looked decent when he came on. one a lot of headers and looked decent with his feet too

Norwich cross alot into the box and he took his goal very well. Hughton doesn't seem to overly rate Holt either so he could be a regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

that reminds me........Holt has to be the fatest player in the premier league....... by some distance/weight

had to go wide screen for his goal celebration run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I dont think I will make any transfers this week, having few free transfers available over the next few weeks could be handy for the double game weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Hogey007 wrote: »
    wilson and dawson in for demel and hughes is something you can afford (just, only just) neither stoke or spurs are under threat for gw29.

Sound advice, and just made the switch. Ideally I would have waited until closer to the weekend but one more drop with Hughes and the transfer would have been scuppered. Had to take a 4-point hit, but it really had to be done. Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭garra

Its points that mean prizes at this end of the season, dont be frettin bout the point 1's at this stage

• Advertisement

moreau wrote: »
    +1

Fellaini was more advanced against Norwich as Gibson and Osman both started, and they typically take the two holding midfielder roles.

I hope Moyes uses him off jelly in must win game against Reading, I think a lot depends on Anichebe fitness. In any case he should be more attacking.

Hopefully he will take this position tonight!

As busts says he is def gone after this gameweek!

After being rested he's good to go v Reading

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭moreau

garra wrote: »
    After being rested he's good to go v Reading

Cheers was there an official confirmation?

garra wrote: »
    Its points that mean prizes at this end of the season, dont be frettin bout the point 1's at this stage

?

Thanks for the catchphrase but I have my next 4/5 transfers planned and a £0.1 shift will make the difference to whether I can do it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Kill Ach

A lot of people are getting Lambert in, I got him in myself for Podolski at the start of the week. Like a lot of you, I am considiring getting rid of Van Persie in the short term. Now, who to replace him with is the big qustion. As I have Lambert and Suarez, I wont be getting Sturridge. The more I keep looking at the fixtures and this gameweek 29 scenario, I keep coming to fletcher but a lot of people are getting rid of him and I see nobody even thinking of bring him in
    Next three fixtures Fulham (h), Qpr (A) and Norwich (H).I just think hes a great option in the short term, with the only qustion being his form.
    Am I daft to get rid of of the best forward in the game for a player that has over 10, 500 transfers out already this gameweek??

Fcuking Sturridge a doubt now :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

My dislike for him is growing 😠

What injury has he?

What injury has he?

"A slight knock" Will be assessed before Wigan.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/reds-to-check-on-sturridge-fitness

He's picking up alot of these "knocks".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

He's picking up alot of these "knocks".

What are you suggesting?

Nobody can afford to transfer him out as he will be crucial for next week so lets hope for the best.

Assuming he plays as I'm sure he will this could be very good news for us as plenty of people will waste a transfer dumping him between now and saturday.

Once hes ok for the following wk im not too bothered have a strong enough front 7 without him. He does seem to be fairly injury prone which long term may make suarez a better bet.

What are you suggesting?

Nobody can afford to transfer him out as he will be crucial for next week so lets hope for the best.

Assuming he plays as I'm sure he will this could be very good news for us as plenty of people will waste a transfer dumping him between now and saturday.

I wasn't suggesting anything other than he is picking up alot of "knocks".

I'd have worries that he's finally getting regular gametime but appears injury prone.

He also had spells on the sideline through injury with Chelsea AFAIK.

?

Thanks for the catchphrase but I have my next 4/5 transfers planned and a £0.1 shift will make the difference to whether I can do it or not.

Assuming you have the transfers planned over the next 4-5 gameweeks, how do you possibly know that the values of the various players going in/out over that period will not move up/down over that period, rendering your long term planning redundant?

Another general query, do you always plan that far ahead? Just curious as I dont look further than the next gameweek myself, with injuries/bans/resting players and all important "form" to consider, I've never planned that far ahead except to stock up on guaranteed double-gameweekers. Then again if I want to better my highest finish of 2613, perhaps I should..

moreau wrote: »
    Cheers was there an official confirmation?

He was rested on Tuesday night in Evertons cup tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I wasn't suggesting anything other than he is picking up alot of "knocks".

I'd have worries that he's finally getting regular gametime but appears injury prone.

He also had spells on the sideline through injury with Chelsea AFAIK.

Sorry, the way you had knocks in inverted comma's suggested to me that there was something queer afoot(in your mind at least)

It's his second "knock" since he signed for Liverpool, as I remember it he played on for almost an hour with the last one which turned out to be bad enough to make him miss the next match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Would it be utterly mad to consider an attack of Suarez, Lambert and Benteke for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Santi101 wrote: »
    Would it be utterly mad to consider an attack of Suarez, Lambert and Benteke for the rest of the season?

Nope, what I'm doing. Monitoring Benteke though, hopefully he has one low scoring week( just gone) and scores again.

Sorry, the way you had knocks in inverted comma's suggested to me that there was something queer afoot(in your mind at least)

It's his second "knock" since he signed for Liverpool, as I remember it he played on for almost an hour with the last one which turned out to be bad enough to make him miss the next match.

Nah, just using the inverted commas because it seems like a strange injury to be getting constantly.

When he signed, he also struggled for fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Fellaini (Doubtful) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

NN215 wrote: »
    Fellaini (Doubtful) ?
    I hope he plays bench not that great , if he wasnt playing I'd take the hit and get in Silva/yaya anyone have any updates on this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement