Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesweek 28 Transfers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Once hes ok for the following wk im not too bothered have a strong enough front 7 without him. He does seem to be fairly injury prone which long term may make suarez a better bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What are you suggesting?

Nobody can afford to transfer him out as he will be crucial for next week so lets hope for the best.

Assuming he plays as I'm sure he will this could be very good news for us as plenty of people will waste a transfer dumping him between now and saturday.

I wasn't suggesting anything other than he is picking up alot of "knocks".

I'd have worries that he's finally getting regular gametime but appears injury prone.

He also had spells on the sideline through injury with Chelsea AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭garra

roryc wrote: »
    ?

Thanks for the catchphrase but I have my next 4/5 transfers planned and a £0.1 shift will make the difference to whether I can do it or not.

Assuming you have the transfers planned over the next 4-5 gameweeks, how do you possibly know that the values of the various players going in/out over that period will not move up/down over that period, rendering your long term planning redundant?

Another general query, do you always plan that far ahead? Just curious as I dont look further than the next gameweek myself, with injuries/bans/resting players and all important "form" to consider, I've never planned that far ahead except to stock up on guaranteed double-gameweekers. Then again if I want to better my highest finish of 2613, perhaps I should..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭garra

moreau wrote: »
    Cheers was there an official confirmation?

He was rested on Tuesday night in Evertons cup tie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Lemlin wrote: »
    I wasn't suggesting anything other than he is picking up alot of "knocks".

I'd have worries that he's finally getting regular gametime but appears injury prone.

He also had spells on the sideline through injury with Chelsea AFAIK.

Sorry, the way you had knocks in inverted comma's suggested to me that there was something queer afoot(in your mind at least)

It's his second "knock" since he signed for Liverpool, as I remember it he played on for almost an hour with the last one which turned out to be bad enough to make him miss the next match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Would it be utterly mad to consider an attack of Suarez, Lambert and Benteke for the rest of the season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Santi101 wrote: »
    Would it be utterly mad to consider an attack of Suarez, Lambert and Benteke for the rest of the season?

Nope, what I'm doing. Monitoring Benteke though, hopefully he has one low scoring week( just gone) and scores again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sorry, the way you had knocks in inverted comma's suggested to me that there was something queer afoot(in your mind at least)

It's his second "knock" since he signed for Liverpool, as I remember it he played on for almost an hour with the last one which turned out to be bad enough to make him miss the next match.

Nah, just using the inverted commas because it seems like a strange injury to be getting constantly.

When he signed, he also struggled for fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NN215

Fellaini (Doubtful) ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

NN215 wrote: »
    Fellaini (Doubtful) ?
    I hope he plays bench not that great , if he wasnt playing I'd take the hit and get in Silva/yaya anyone have any updates on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Fellaini (Doubtful) ?

Hopefully he is out, sold him earlier in week, dont want to have to regret it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I hope he plays bench not that great , if he wasnt playing I'd take the hit and get in Silva/yaya anyone have any updates on this?

the everton assistant manager said the other day he should be fine for the weekend.

in any case, city don't have a fixture next week so i'd hold off on bringing in any city players for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Are Everton missing a game next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Are Everton missing a game next week?

Yup the game against Arsenal postponed.

Fellaini (Doubtful) ?

moyes said he has a chance of playing. Him and sturridge doubtful not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I'm going Lambert for Giroud this week. The Sturridge injury has made my decision of 343 or 352 a little easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

What's the latest on Fellaini?

Sissoko is going up tonight and Fellaini looks set to possibly drop. I'll be doing this transfer for next week anyway so it might be worth doing it tonight to save £0.2 which could end up coming in handy now that RVP's price doesn't look like moving.

Would prefer to have Fellaini at home to Reading over Sissoko away at Swansea though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Sissoko is going up tonight and Fellaini looks set to possibly drop. I'll be doing this transfer for next week anyway so it might be worth doing it tonight to save £0.2 which could end up coming in handy now that RVP's price doesn't look like moving.

Would prefer to have Fellaini at home to Reading over Sissoko away at Swansea though...

I think I'll be doing that transfer tonight. I have one transfer this week and it needs to be one with GW29 in mind, so this one makes sense, although Everton probably do have the slightly better fixture.

I still feel theres a good chance Newcastle can get something, I'm hoping Swansea may have a cup hangover.

Everton twitter moyes is quoted as saying fellani has a chancre of playing. Doesnt tell us anything really im in the same boat as you would do fellani to michu tonight if I knew he was defo out.Fellani at home to reading is a player I want to have.Ive already made a transfer so for me theres a 4 pt hit to factor in aswell so with the info we have I think im best waiting till next wk.

The 4 point hit doesn't bother me, I will definitely be making this move next week anyway so it's a 4 point hit either way.

Fellaini could go nuts at Reading, whereas Sissoko is still somewhat unpredictable after only a couple of games.

• Advertisement

The 4 point hit doesn't bother me, I will definitely be making this move next week anyway so it's a 4 point hit either way.

Fellaini could go nuts at Reading, whereas Sissoko is still somewhat unpredictable after only a couple of games.

true Im also taking the 4 pt hit either way its slightly safer to wait till next week because sissoko(you) michu (me) could get injured suspended this week. If Fellani was definetly out Id do it now no matter what though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sell Fellani or Michu folks?

Already have Sissoko and i wanted/needed Bale so i sold Michu and RVP last week for a hit to get Bale and Lambert in (gw29 moves),slight feeling of regret on Michu now but dome kind folk are going to reassure me i did the right thing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

dahat wrote: »
    Sell Fellani or Michu folks?

Already have Sissoko and i wanted/needed Bale so i sold Michu and RVP last week for a hit to get Bale and Lambert in (gw29 moves),slight feeling of regret on Michu now but dome kind folk are going to reassure me i did the right thing!!

I was considering selling Michu but I'm going to keep him until after GW 29. I though Swansea might take their foot off the pedal now having won the cup but for the moment he's staying in my team.

With Everton missing GW 29 then Fellani would be the one I'd ship out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Now i would agree and moved a bit too quick on Michu,second time selling him with regret,i will never learn...

Moyes Press Conference: Fellaini "has a chance" for weekend. Howard and Anichebe need to be assessed http://goo.gl/z1VWf

Think I'll get rid of Fellaini tonight, doesn't sound promising and there's a £0.2 swing on holding on to him over Sissoko.

F**k it, done - £8.2m in the bank now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thinking of going from this

XvE3m5v.png

To This

GcfVc84.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Anyone know if azpilcueta will play? I have a free transfer, and wil be getting rid of him either way next week. But wouldnt mind delaying the transfer to next week if i knew he would play,as i fancy chelsea to keep a cs. O'shea is the most likely replacement. It's a pity cuellar isnt back yet,he's a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

SOLD VAN PERSIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........SCARY!

Going with this mid/attack:

Bale - Lampard - Mata - Michu - Walcott

Lambert - Suarez

Have Benteke on the bench, Villa home to City will be tough IMO.

Might look at getting RVP back in if United go out to Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

I've 1 FT, would anyone recommend Mata > Bale. Might look bad, but "form over fixtures" comes into play!

Advertisement