Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about an overdue bill

Options
  • 09-02-2013 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Myself and the bf had to move house very quickly (house was full of mould), our letting agent transferred our EI account from our old address to our new one, we got a closing bill for our old address (issued on Jan 16th) but with the cost of moving we ended up not having enough in our account and the direct debit failed, we received a letter then saying that the direct debit will be taken on the new date of Feb 17th. All that is fine, we will have the amount in our account by then, but just now I got my new online bill (issue date 11th of Feb) for the new address for this month, the arrears from the last bill are included on it but at the bottom it says "overdue" instead of it giving the billing date. It also says "Payment terms are 14 days from date of bill issue or
    immediately if overdue". I am just a little confused about what exact date the direct debit will be taken from my account because I need to be sure I have enough in there as several other bills will be withdrawn from my account soon. Will the entirety of the bill be due on the 17th or the 25th? 

So confused, can anyone help me figure this out? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi ShelTomato,

If you send me your account details by PM I'll have a look at this for you right away. In general, a direct debit that returns unpaid is collected again 14 days later; but there are exceptions, and what you describe above is one such exception.

Payments marked overdue are collected as soon as possible, so in this case the direct debit may go through sooner than the 17th. I'll have to have a look to be sure and I'll do what I can for you.

Regards,

David

Advertisement