Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband advice please

• 09-02-2013 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I just moved to a new address in D2, which UPC (my previous supplier) no longer cover. I'm now looking at replacements.

I've heard a lot of dodgy things about Eircom, can anyone actually vouch for having a good experience with their services (especially the bundle with eMobile)?

Also - what's the general vibe like with Smart Telecoms? I have placed a preliminary order with them, but they're taking too long.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

I used magnet in d6 and d8 there were great had smart in d7 and d12, both have a 1to1 contention ratio, as you say can taqke a long time initally but once there setup there great ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Nostoi wrote: »
    Hi,

I just moved to a new address in D2, which UPC (my previous supplier) no longer cover. I'm now looking at replacements.

I've heard a lot of dodgy things about Eircom, can anyone actually vouch for having a good experience with their services (especially the bundle with eMobile)?

Also - what's the general vibe like with Smart Telecoms? I have placed a preliminary order with them, but they're taking too long.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

From my experience with Eircom I'd tell you to find someone else. Nothing but hassle over the last 4 years. I was an 8meg package and with a wired connection I was getting around 1.5 down and .1 up with 120ms of ping. The phone line isn' much better. It's pretty hard to hear anything. I 've called them up and they've sent someone out on numerous occassions but it's made literally no difference. Moving to Sky in the next few weeks.

Advertisement