Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a business?

Options
  • 09-02-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm just wondering do any of you know how to go about selling a business as a going concern? I don't want to put a for sale sign over it because I know staff would be very unmotivated and not good for business!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

You could advertise, sorry I mean mention it on here and get people to PM you if they're interested! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

What kind of business are you in, it may spur some people on the forum to pm you..

There are always prospective buyers on here, im not sure if their suitable or just tyre kickers but again it needs to be marketed somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pastasolo

It's a coffee shop. What is a tyre kicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

Someone that has

1. No intention to buy
    2. Just being nosey or inquisitive really ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

pastasolo wrote: »
    I'm just wondering do any of you know how to go about selling a business as a going concern? I don't want to put a for sale sign over it because I know staff would be very unmotivated and not good for business!!

Actually, staff can become very motivated when a For Sale sign goes up. It's usually because they're looking to protect their jobs. A new owner is legally required to take on all the staff unless you make them redundant. If you do, he can pick and choose who he hires. Either way, they'll want to make a good impression on prospective purchasers. After putting a sign up, let staff know that you expect several prospects to visit the shop, but not announce themselves. They should get the message.

• Advertisement
Advertisement