Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History HL LC tips

• 09-02-2013 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey guys :) does anyone have history leaving cert tips that would help me get a high grade? We don't have a good teacher- furthermore this is the first time that she's teaching in the senior cycle ...please and thank you!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I know how it feels to have a terrible teacher mine is to! So I'm stuck with self teaching as well, but I love history it's my favourite subject :) For study, your first step is to make notes to summarise some of the chapters in the book, or you can get yourself a revision book. I do both of these and it works really well with remembering things. I just read the chapter in the book and then look at my revision book that has all the key facts and try and remember them by writing them out like a story sort of. Thats good for remembering everything, the bigger challenge is trying to put it into an essay. Look at past essay topics that might come up. Always plan your essays and only use important points. If you have the ecdo exam papers look at the front of them. They give you an excellent insight into how to prepare essays and for exams.
    Once you know all your knowledge of a topic its not too hard to put the essay together. History is a hard subject and requires a lot of work so once you put a lot of effort in it should be no trouble at all. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Trying000

Thanks a mil! :))
    I really appreciate it :D
    It's really gonna help me a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Trying000

If I just answer questions in the past papers, will I get a good grade? Do the questions repeat over the years?
    Please and thank you :))

Advertisement