Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will you do if your liquid gets banned?

Options
  • 09-02-2013 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

What will you do if your liquid gets banned? copied from Ukvapers

What will you do if your liquid gets banned? 45 votes

Return to buying traditional cigarettes / tobacco
    0% 0 votes
    Use the regulated, prescribed e-cigs or other NRT from your doctor or chemist
    4% 2 votes
    Continue to source nic / e-liquid illegally
    2% 1 vote
    Quit cold turkey
    91% 41 votes
    Continue to vape with zero or low (≤4mg) juice
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

If I cant stock pile it or get it on the Black Market
    Hate to say it but will probably end up smoking again

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

stockpile on nic and diy my own

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭liamtech

Im scared now! when could this happen>? :eek::eek::eek:

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

What's this about prescribed e-cigs?

I overheard another Doctor's secretary talk to my Doc's sec very briefly about these but wasn't cheeky enough to later say that I overheard them.
    She definitely said he had prescribed them to someone that day.
    Didn't want to ask my own Doctor either when I went in - he strikes the fear of God upon me.

Also, from reading through 'An Post Warning' thread it would seem to me that An Post are only stopping liquids from leaving the country. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    What is the situation with regards to liquids coming IN to Ireland? Has anyone had a delivery from abroad of late? How confident are you about future orders? Personally I want to order a load of stuff from Inawera but would be pretty nervous.

And how might we stockpile if Irish suppliers can't get their own volumes of liquid through in the future?
    Would VG, PG and nicotine-free flavour concentrates always be allowed?
    And that it'll just be any liquid which contains nicotine that will be barred?

the other day I went to my doctor and i told her i stopped smoking and started vaping :-) she was delighted...
    she said she would recomend it to other patients, but she didnt seem to know nothing about ecigs so im not sure if they can be prescribed.
    Im not worried myself maybe i should be but it just seems to me that a litre or two of high nic would last me a good few years. also even if flavours would be abolished wich i doubt since they have no nic, id do a similar extraction as eltoro from natural tobaco leafs and use maybe menthol crystals aswell.
    aniway by the way things are going if ecigs are banned id be vaping no nic most definately. it would be just nice to have an idea of when could it happen so we could be prepared.
    Im about to make a big order and im checking the inawera.com website i find the prices are very good, 15% discount for first order and free shipping after 36 euros i think... cant go wrong with that

• Advertisement

also marijuana is illegal and theres all the kinds of vaporizers grinders bongs and related paraphernalia so probably our pvs would still be sold as there is no illegal substance in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

I'll mix my own, I have 2 litres of 50 mg nic in the freezer and will be getting another 2 litres nearer zero hour, just not sure about flavours and hardware, who will be around to supply them locally? would any of our current Irish vendors have a domestic market to supply?, don't fancy waiting 30 days for a delivery from China especially as their public holidays seem to last for bleeding weeks.

Would like to use flavouring from supermarkets, but don't know if they are safe to vape, might be ok to add to food but what about inhailing into the lungs, tiz a worry.

Also I am a slight bit curious as to what the medicinal devices would be like and what they might cost, I would imagine the companies behind them might keep their prices low to attract the millions of vapers like us who are caught in the middle of the directive, there is a huge already available market for their products in us, without relying on future smokers waiting to quit.

But I have the nic, can get VG from the supermarket, it's the other ingredients and hardware I'm not sure about.

What will you do if your liquid gets banned? copied from Ukvapers
    Hey Double H.
    You need to add another choice in the poll I cant vote for any of them.
    Can you add " stock up now and have enough supplies for years to come" thats different from the illegal choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

I don't see a way to edit the poll.

what would you do if something terrible happened to your supply? (stolen/fridge explodes)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Didnt someone say lately that nic levels in juice decreases over time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭heliguyheliguy

Mr. Chrome wrote: »

Apparently not if frozen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

what would you do if something terrible happened to your supply? (stolen/fridge explodes)

I'd hang myself.*

*By the penis.†

†From my hand.

Genuinely though, I have no idea.
    I'm not in any kind of liveable situation where I could explain my storage of a 20 litre lifetime supply of nic-juice to my GF, so Silk Road-esque manoeuvres or local drug dealers would be the next best thing, unless someone devises a cheap, accurate testing kit for nicotine extracted from tobacco.

Wash your mouth out with soap, what a ridiculous thing to say.
    Of course my nic level wont decrease over time, the very thought of it :eek:, ;).

Apparently not if frozen.

Thats it double H you put him right.

kiffy wrote: »

Wash your mouth out with soap, what a ridiculous thing to say.
    Of course my nic level wont decrease over time, the very thought of it :eek:, ;).
    Jesus, just askin!

Aint never gonna happen.
    Going to buy a generator solely for my freezer to protect in power cuts, going to buy 3 Dobermans to guard the generator, and going to employ 2 of the bodyguards that protected the opposition leader in Tunisia to take care of the Dobermans, they didn't do avery good job recently so I should get them cheap.

Jesus, just askin!

Only messin Mr C.
    Light hearted humour :p

Good to see out of the 20 votes so far no one has selected to go back on the fags :), I chose the source nic even though I have it sourced already, but wont buy on a black market for sure, I have smoked Chinese fags on the black market €4 a carton and they were pure sh,it doubt if there was more than a trace of tobacco in them, so Buddha knows what they would put into juice to make a quick buck.

Was on UK site last night and they said they can no longer ship batteries, is this gonna be another problem?

Was on UK site last night and they said they can no longer ship batteries, is this gonna be another problem?

I haven't sourced it. but I imagine you can get all sorts of batteries from Amazon and elsewhere, don't know about Curries and other electrical outlets, but I imagine they wont be to hard to find for mods, 510's and ego's now I would imagine would be a bit of a problem.

• Advertisement

Think its a royal mail thing, you can buy a device with battery and 2 spares(which is sound) but you cant just buy batteries on their own. F*** this, im havin a fag, lovely fags!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I chose the source nic even though I have it sourced already.

I know this is a bit pre-emptive but Kiffy would you mind being my dealer?
    Aint never gonna happen.
    Going to buy a generator solely for my freezer to protect in power cuts, going to buy 3 Dobermans to guard the generator, and going to employ 2 of the bodyguards that protected the opposition leader in Tunisia to take care of the Dobermans, they didn't do avery good job recently so I should get them cheap.

I've one Doberman already, didn't realise I'd need to get two more and some body guards to guard my guard dogs guarding my nic stash.. jaysus.

warning sign for nicotine juice guard dog

illicit007 wrote: »
    I know this is a bit pre-emptive but Kiffy would you mind being my dealer?

I've one Doberman already, didn't realise I'd need to get two more and some body guards to guard my guard dogs guarding my nic stash.. jaysus.
    Always wanted to be a dealer but hated Pontoon.

Always be prepared, take no fecking chances.
    If you saw my vaping stash, you'd know why I'd want 3, I have spares for my spares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Are people freezing nic juice in glass or plastic, I imagine glass would be better?? I just bought 250ml of 52mg VG, gonna buy one every month till I have about a liter...

How long do you reckon a liter would last you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

How long do you reckon a liter would last you?

depends on how you use it, if you're making your own juices and are adding in say 3mls per 10mls of end juice it'll last a long time, if you're just making juices stronger and putting in 1ml or 2mls for every 30ml bottle you buy it'll last even longer

depends on how you use it, if you're making your own juices and are adding in say 3mls per 10mls of end juice it'll last a long time, if you're just making juices stronger and putting in 1ml or 2mls for every 30ml bottle you buy it'll last even longer

You're talking about if they are still able to sell juice with 4mg nicotine in it and you just want to bump it up to something vapeable. People could cut down their nic intake a little and add some of that extrabite juice they sell which still gives throat hit a lower nic concentrations. We'll definitely all need to work out exactly how much nic juice it will take to keep us going if they start banning "regulating" it.

Like there's no point in buying a liter if that liter is going to last only the short or medium term, like a year or so. Then what? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Like there's no point in buying a liter if that liter is going to last only the short or medium term, like a year or so. Then what? :)

Buy 20 litres.

Advertisement