Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't like cartos, like tanks - what are the options

Options
  • 09-02-2013 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭

I moved up to the Provari, having started on the Kanger Twist kit.

Had just been using the T3s on the Provari, but I've now got a couple of tanks (the Prive and the AGR Carto tank).

I like the fact that the tanks hold a lot of juice, and I don't think I'd be a fan of dripping - too much faffing about, but I'm not loving the Boge Cartos - I find the flavour a bit muted (esp. as I'm using high or all VG juices)

I do have the Killer on order, (if it ever arrives!), so this may hopefully be the solution I'm looking for, but I'm just wondering if anyone can recommend other kit that I could try too.

Not really interested in building wicks and that, so off the shelf solutions are what I'm after.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Yeah, I detest clearo's myself. I just don't get the love for them at all, never did. Don't like cartos either but I'd take them over clearo's. Genesis are fine but not as good as the hype and they require a huge amount of faffing about. For me nothing beats dripping and there are things like the RDA and eBaron that hold up to a ml now.

Looks like the killer might be the only thing that will marry a proper tank and dripping flavour. Nothing else that I know of anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I do have the Killer on order, (if it ever arrives!)...

Apt user name.

The Killer will be the easiest just because you can buy pre-made coils.
    Not sure why most vendors haven't made pre-coiled silica or cotton wicks available for rebuildable drippers, it's a strange one. Easy job for easy money.
    Dripping isn't as much faff as you'd think as long as the dripper holds 15+ drops, although the leaking through an airhole might put some off if they like laying things sideways.
    I used to be dead set against dripping but it's all I find myself doing now.

Same here.....nothing like it for me either and I've tried a lot of stuff too. The eBaron dripper doesn't leak normally apparently.

Problem is that all those cartos and clearo's are pretty much unusable after dripping long term.

Same here.....nothing like it for me either and I've tried a lot of stuff too. The eBaron dripper doesn't leak normally apparently.

Problem is that all those cartos and clearo's are pretty much unusable after dripping long term.

"Unusable" is harsh... But true. Stupid tastebuds, making me taste nice things.
    Can't wait to see what we're all raving about next year.
    What is the foolproof wicking material of the future?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I might order a killer if I knew of a perfectly suited and suitable sexy tank that would go with it. I just ordered an igo-l dripper which should arrive in the coming week. However I need to order some wire and wick for it... I should get off my arse and do that.

OP I think the killer is the only option using a tank with no faffing about (purchasable rebuildable heads) that I know of. I'm no expert though. I like you prefer to just swap out a head with a €2 but I'm willing the dive into the world of rebuilding and dripping just to see if it's as good as they say it is. (I don't have any mates who vape who I can just borrow their stuff off unfortunately :)

Quick question for ya there Grindle or whoever wants to chime in first. Some wick and wire for a igo-l rebuildable... I'm guessing the stuff they sell at thebestshop is fine yea? Ta

Can't wait to get some feedback about people using a Killer in a tank. Sounds like the perfect solution to me. What tank are you planning on using with it OP?

• Advertisement

illicit007 wrote: »
    Quick question for ya there Grindle or whoever wants to chime in first. Some wick and wire for a igo-l rebuildable... I'm guessing the stuff they sell at thebestshop is fine yea? Ta

Yeah, the stuff they sell is grand. If you're gonna buy silica, I'd pass on that and just buy some cotton make-up pads.
    Tastes as good as SS mesh to me, but needs to be changed more often. Easy to change just by tearing the old one out, keeping the coil in place, quick dry-burn of the coil, then threading the new wick in.
    Super fast and super easy. THUPER!

TBS stuff is decent. I got some 2mm this week there. 5m.

I think Andrei's stuff might be slightly better for flavour though but I've only used his 1mm so its not a direct comparison. His 1mm is very good though and I think its only 7 euro or so for 10m? At least that's what I think.

Bulli wick is the best though. Little bit more difficult to work with cos it's so soft though and it's too expensive to just buy it on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

I bought 1m of THIS 3mm wick on ebay to try it in my dripper. Works a treat! It's almost too thick, I had to cut it smaller than the length of 2mm wick that came with the Igo (which I found good anyway).

€4.58 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

illicit007 wrote: »
    Can't wait to get some feedback about people using a Killer in a tank. Sounds like the perfect solution to me. What tank are you planning on using with it OP?

That was going to be my follow up question as it happens - I understand it will work in the Prive, but only if you set it up at the full open position - won't be able to close it to use the dripper function, which I reckon could be useful for trying different juices..

Anyone know of tanks that definitely allow this?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

I saw a video Glenn did with it in a tank... here the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsuRIlt4HKk

I asked him what was the name of the tank he used in the comments and he said it was a Siam Mods tank. That's all I know, but I'm sure if you have any follow up questions on his video ask them and he usually seems to answer.

edit : I think someone posted on somewhere that House of Mods were going to release their own custom tank for it... but I'm guessing don't get your hopes up too much as you'll probably waiting forever for it! haha :) Seriously though... very keen and curious to see what the reaction to this killer is.

• Advertisement

It seems to pop out of the Siam tank as much as the Prive. Seems strange that the Prive wouldn't allow the same function, unless it's the super-grippy O-rings stopping it

Advertisement