Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3rd and 4th Support Class

• 09-02-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm starting as a support teacher for Year 3 and 4 support. I guess it's similar to a resource teacher. I am an NQT.

I will have my own room, which is currently full of junk at the minute. I was just wondering what should I have in the room or how should I lay it own in terms of areas or things.

Any advice from teachers would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you mean 3rd and 4th class?Will it be through withdrawal or in-class you will work?Can'y say you'll need as I don't know the kids ' needs and if it is maths or literacy you will be taking?For any class,though, I'd like a laptop,secure storage space for the kids files,mini-whiteboards and markers.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brónaim cád??

It's for Year 3 and 4 so it's pretty much the same as 3rd and 4th class. The school is 7 form entry, so I'll be working with kids from 14 different classes. It's withdrawal into this room I've been given. Yeah the mojority of work will be based on literacy and numeracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭_ariadne

The support teacher in my school has a really small room. from what I can see she has enough chair and table space for when she has her largest groups, which I think is around 6 children. She has a movable white board which she writes on and sticks things like a hundred square or phonics stuff to. Basic supply of stationary for the children (pencils, rulers, copy books). basic supply of everyday resources, such as cubes/number lines/phonics mats and other resources she brings in when needed. she stores the children's paper work on high shelves and has the chidren's individual targets in a fun display on the wall ( i think they are based on IEPs).

She has said she would love an interactive white board, or even just a projector but there isn't any room.

I think they key is to make it welcoming and for the children to feel like it is ''their'' room, so having something individual to each child is good.

Advertisement